Birds left wondering what could have been

Full story: The Morning Call

After Washington Redskins defensive backs LaRon Landry and Fred Smoot combined to stop Reggie Brown inches short of a game-tying touchdown Sunday, Eagles tight end L.J. Smith was still clinging to a belief ...
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Jan 16, 2009
Anonymous

Slatington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2008

Karma is a wonderful thing. All the local sports writers noted the dropped passes. However, they failed to pick up what the TV commmentators notice: McNabb's passes were often in the dirt and uncatchable. Thus, when McNabb is on the mark, the receivers drop the ball. When the receivers are open, McNabb's passes are uncatchable.

There's plenty of blame here, but if you're going to point fingers, point toward all the flaws. McNabb just can't win the big ones.
Willis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2008

Sure, Mcnabb is to blame for some of the mishaps. But, I believe the real problem here was Reid passing the ball 80% of the time!! Why?

Westbrook only had 12 runs...Why?

Despite the 30 mph gusts of wind, Mcnabb was still throwing "in the dirt"...Why?

Bad luck? I dont think so--just bad play calling.

Time to rebuild.

Since: Oct 08

Bethlehem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2008

McNabb will NEVER bring a championship to Philly....NEVER..he commented that he wanted to win the Superbowl so he could get a call from Obama.....HA HA....No chance of that happening! Hes a BUM!

“You are by what you do!”

Since: Apr 07

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

If McNabb was to ever have healthy running backs and in addition a veteran collection of receivers and tight ends...Their season might have been vastly different....Yes, the Eagles played magnificent against my beloved New York Giants in their last meeting - but the true fact is this: CONSISTENCY IS A MUTHA...The Eagles could not find a way to play as spirited against the Bengals (a team by all means should have had an easy time getting a victory) as they've against their NFC EAST rivals.
AtownBrown

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2008

Riverratbond wrote:
McNabb will NEVER bring a championship to Philly....NEVER..he commented that he wanted to win the Superbowl so he could get a call from Obama.....HA HA....No chance of that happening! Hes a BUM!
Looks like they are in the playoffs to me.

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2008

AtownBrown wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like they are in the playoffs to me.
For a little while anyways...!!
AtownBrown

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

N2blaque wrote:
<quoted text>For a little while anyways...!!
Still there and looking good.

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

AtownBrown wrote:
<quoted text> Still there and looking good.
What can I say, but go Cardinals!!
AtownBrown

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

N2blaque wrote:
<quoted text>What can I say, but go Cardinals!!
Wait your a converted Cardinals fan. I knew Giants fans were fair weather, but comeon. Why don't you just dust off your golf club like the rest of the Big Blue Choking Crew?

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

AtownBrown wrote:
<quoted text>Wait your a converted Cardinals fan. I knew Giants fans were fair weather, but comeon. Why don't you just dust off your golf club like the rest of the Big Blue Choking Crew?
No I am not a converted Cardinals fan....I am rooting for them to pluck the Eagles feathers though!!

I am a rough rider New York Giants fan ALL DAY LONG, ALL DAY STRONG!!
AtownBrown

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

N2blaque wrote:
<quoted text>No I am not a converted Cardinals fan....I am rooting for them to pluck the Eagles feathers though!!
I am a rough rider New York Giants fan ALL DAY LONG, ALL DAY STRONG!!
I would be bitter too if my team sh1t the bed as the No. 1 seed at home. Thats pretty embarrassing. Not sure what to make of the rough rider comment. I thought those were DMX's boyz. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fred Smoot Discussions

Search the Fred Smoot Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
It's Johnson's turn for a little while (Mar '06) Apr '12 hatchet 78
Springs Appears Unlikely for Redskins vs. Eagles (Oct '08) Sep '09 katie 5
NFL players promoting improved physical education (Mar '09) Mar '09 Bill Hicks 1
Sean Taylor's Family Auctions Off His Vehicles (Dec '08) Feb '09 dequan 3
Redskins Sweep Left, While Coach's Focus Is Up ... (Oct '08) Oct '08 steve walker 1
Redskins QB Campbell Has Sore Groin, Should Be OK (Oct '08) Oct '08 Dick Hertz 8
Catching Everyone Off Guard (Oct '08) Oct '08 Justin W 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••