It's Johnson's turn for a little while

It's Johnson's turn for a little while

There are 78 comments on the Pioneer Press story from Mar 15, 2006, titled It's Johnson's turn for a little while. In it, Pioneer Press reports that:

Though they were disappointed quarterback Daunte Culpepper was traded to the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday, Vikings veterans Bryant McKinnie and Fred Smoot said they have confidence in Brad Johnson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pioneer Press.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Gonzo

United States

#61 Apr 1, 2006
Avant wrote:
<quoted text> What happen's when he gets hurt, because he will. The seasons over.
We've been saying that about Dante all along.
iram gonzalez

Homer, NE

#62 Apr 1, 2006
yo i agree with the whole trade thing the vikings got jipped in the trade to the dolphins but they only have themselves to blame they could've been smart and and traded for something better than a SECOND round draft pick i mean come on cullpepper can still play now i'm a cowboy fan till i die but yes the vikings did make a bad move on the trade also they could've traded for shit brees even but they were to dumb to see that oh well thats what u get when u got dumb managment making decsisions. LATER
Voice of Reason

Faribault, MN

#63 Apr 1, 2006
Avant wrote:
Can you name 5 teams Johnson would start for
Jets, Lions, Ravens, Cardinals, Dolphins.
Avant

Henderson, NV

#64 Apr 1, 2006
Voice of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>

Jets, Lions, Ravens, Cardinals, Dolphins.
Johnson was Culpepper's water boy with the vikings. Lions, Ravens and Jets it's a toss up.
Voice of Reason

Faribault, MN

#65 Apr 1, 2006
It was meant as a joke. Sorry I had to draw a road map.
Mason

Euless, TX

#66 Apr 4, 2006
Avant wrote:
<quoted text> At the 7 year point in Tarkington's career, Culpepper's stats are better then Frans.
Let's see...win/loss %= hmmmmmmmmm......

Culpepper has more t.o.'s in his first 7 years of almost any PLAYER in NFL history....do the fu#%ing math....

Tarkenton was, no, is among the greatest ever.

Culepper barely has a .500 winning percentage with two hall of fame receivers, one of the best lines in the game, and well....use your peanut!!!!
Mason

Euless, TX

#67 Apr 4, 2006
iram gonzalez wrote:
yo i agree with the whole trade thing the vikings got jipped in the trade to the dolphins but they only have themselves to blame they could've been smart and and traded for something better than a SECOND round draft pick i mean come on cullpepper can still play now i'm a cowboy fan till i die but yes the vikings did make a bad move on the trade also they could've traded for shit brees even but they were to dumb to see that oh well thats what u get when u got dumb managment making decsisions. LATER
NOBODY ELSE WANTED HIM...Coaches (smarter than AVANT) know the impact of turnovers, inability to read the defense, and selfishness. Aside from that, his only saving grace was his running --now that's under sreious question...dolphins 7-9.(Daunte returns after the first 7 games, and goes 0-9.
Avant

Henderson, NV

#68 Apr 4, 2006
Mason wrote:
<quoted text>

NOBODY ELSE WANTED HIM...Coaches (smarter than AVANT) know the impact of turnovers, inability to read the defense, and selfishness. Aside from that, his only saving grace was his running --now that's under serious question...dolphins 7-9.(Daunte returns after the first 7 games, and goes 0-9.
You wrote that before you heard about Culpepper. You can't talk about the boat no more, but you are still listening to childress. Next up pro bowl. I'm so excited, i just can't hide it.
Slim

Saint Paul, MN

#69 Apr 4, 2006
The Love Boat issue will always hang over his head, he tarnished his reputation in Minnesota. Culpepper is a great athlete, but he's not a great QB. Moss was his ticket to the pro bowl. I'm guessing Culpepper will succed in Miami because of Chris Chambers and Saban is building a good team down there. There is something you should know about Culpepper, he does not play well in big games.
Mason

Euless, TX

#70 Apr 4, 2006
Avant wrote:
<quoted text> You wrote that before you heard about Culpepper. You can't talk about the boat no more, but you are still listening to childress. Next up pro bowl. I'm so excited, i just can't hide it.
before i heard about Culpepper? What are you talking about...I had ESPN on while I was working this morning, and I read about the aquittal before you heard--so what are you talking about? I never commented on the boat incident anyway--it doesn't matter. again, nothing relevant to the argument at hand...
Cdg

Cedar Rapids, IA

#71 Apr 4, 2006
Vikes looking hard at Schaub from Atlanta. He knows the West Coast offense already...sharp passer...and he can scramble. Sounds great to me. Anyone remember when he replaced Vick against us and TORCHED us. They say it would take our 1st round pick to get him.....I SAY GO FOR IT!! We have plenty more picks to pick up some other good players. Although I sure would like to get a great LB in the draft.
purpleD

Waldoboro, ME

#72 Apr 4, 2006
Shaub sounds better than waisting all draft picks to move up for a QB that won`t play for awhile
farside

Miles City, MT

#73 Apr 4, 2006
Cdg wrote:
Vikes looking hard at Schaub from Atlanta. He knows the West Coast offense already...sharp passer...and he can scramble. Sounds great to me. Anyone remember when he replaced Vick against us and TORCHED us. They say it would take our 1st round pick to get him.....I SAY GO FOR IT!! We have plenty more picks to pick up some other good players. Although I sure would like to get a great LB in the draft.
Only problem with this theory is that 'everyone' torched us last year. Right, he is a prototypical 'west coast' quarterback. For a 1st rd pick you know what you are getting. But Atlanta figures to lose him next year as a free-agent. We can out bid all the other teams if need be. I figure we should wait and see if maybe he can be had for a 2nd and say a fourth. Package our first and 2 thirds to move up for a linebacker....A J Hawk.
Mason

Euless, TX

#74 Apr 4, 2006
both PurpleD and farside make great points...The problem though, is that childress is going --as he has said-- to pick a QB in the 2nd/3rd rd. Not that it would be a bad thing, but i doubt we will be going aftre Shaub anyway. the thing is...anyone who doesn't put up the kind of t.o.'s as Daunte will mean major win/loss improvements.
KPBville

United States

#75 Apr 4, 2006
Avant wrote:
Can you name 5 teams Johnson would start for
UNLV, Valdosta State, Duke, Dolphins, and the Vikings. That was easy.

Since: Dec 06

United States

#76 Apr 8, 2012
Avant wrote:
You guys don't understand the greatness that Culpepper going to show. Don't be surprised if in the next 3 years Culpepper has a Superbowl win and is considered the best qb in football. I keep telling you guys, that are jealous that he jump ship went to the dolphins. Going to Miami is the move that will put pep into the hall of fame. Be happy for the guy, we will watch him in the pro bowl for the next 6 years.
Who??????????
By the way,any real Viking knows how to spell Tarkenton,
Jimmy Avant misspelled it many times in here.
In 6 years,
I find know evidence that Jimmy is a Viking.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#77 Apr 9, 2012
jeff price wrote:
<quoted text>
dude, get use to it. i have followed these losers since 1967, i was 7 then. they always suck, do suck, and will always suck. do i need to list the reasons? best one of was gary andersons only miss of 1998. that was the closest these bunch of clowns will ever get to the RING.
just live with it, i have and I will. i will still follow these clowns with all my heart, but realize heartbreak is part of the love.
LIVE WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!
ENJOT IT!!!!!!!!!!
btw my son says stop cursing!!!
I remember the '67 Vikings, I think it was Joe Kapp at QB and who could ever forget Bud Grant the ultimate head coach. That's when the head coach was the real boss of a NFL team.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#78 Apr 9, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text> You wrote that before you heard about Culpepper. You can't talk about the boat no more, but you are still listening to childress. Next up pro bowl. I'm so excited, i just can't hide it.
Culpepper is finished, over, washed-up and a lot of other adjectives meaning done in the NFL. No Pro Bowls and certainly no HOF hahaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Smoot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Springs Appears Unlikely for Redskins vs. Eagles (Oct '08) Sep '09 katie 5
News NFL players promoting improved physical education (Mar '09) Mar '09 Bill Hicks 1
News Sean Taylor's Family Auctions Off His Vehicles (Dec '08) Feb '09 dequan 3
News Birds left wondering what could have been (Dec '08) Jan '09 AtownBrown 11
News Redskins Sweep Left, While Coach's Focus Is Up ... (Oct '08) Oct '08 steve walker 1
News Redskins QB Campbell Has Sore Groin, Should Be OK (Oct '08) Oct '08 Dick Hertz 8
News Catching Everyone Off Guard (Oct '08) Oct '08 Justin W 1
More from around the web