It's Johnson's turn for a little while

It's Johnson's turn for a little while

There are 78 comments on the Pioneer Press story from Mar 15, 2006, titled It's Johnson's turn for a little while. In it, Pioneer Press reports that:

Though they were disappointed quarterback Daunte Culpepper was traded to the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday, Vikings veterans Bryant McKinnie and Fred Smoot said they have confidence in Brad Johnson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pioneer Press.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Osakis Matt

Parkers Prairie, MN

#1 Mar 15, 2006
Fred Smut need's to be sent packing also. 1.He was burned so many times last year, he is 2nd string material at best....2. His involvment with the love boat. If we tried for a trade for this guy the best we would get is a 3rd or 4th round pick. People need to get real about some of these players.
vikesfan18

Ely, MN

#2 Mar 16, 2006
i say the trade that we jsut did was fucking cheap we got nothing out of it i mean we could of got someone taht we never heard of or somethign like that but the trade was cheap and i dont see the vikings going to the playoffs right now because well yea we have brad johnson but hes old and cant move around in the pocket well enough and out o. line sucked and somehow seattle is gunna match that offer cuz thats how it always goes for us unless we move up in the draft by trading someone but it better not be noone on defense or offense that good that we know about but yea i just dont see up making the playoffs not to mention we havent done anything after the trade and that were also getting ppl from green bay wtf eh? thats not right i mean i like green bay now because u dunt see them taking anybody from us now do u?so i say that i see us going 4-12 or sumthing like that because were just gunna suck!!!!!!!!!!
nick price

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Mar 16, 2006
i say the trade was horible cause i read his book and daunte said that he would rather be on the vikings than any other team. also he was my rolmodel and my favorite player and i say if you are going to trade daunte they should atleast get a first draft pick and a good player . i really thought the trade was stupid and other viking fans should be too. i was really sad when i hered that he got traded , but even more upset when they traded daunte for a 2 draft choice.
jeff price

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Mar 16, 2006
vikesfan18 wrote:
i say the trade that we jsut did was fucking cheap we got nothing out of it i mean we could of got someone taht we never heard of or somethign like that but the trade was cheap and i dont see the vikings going to the playoffs right now because well yea we have brad johnson but hes old and cant move around in the pocket well enough and out o. line sucked and somehow seattle is gunna match that offer cuz thats how it always goes for us unless we move up in the draft by trading someone but it better not be noone on defense or offense that good that we know about but yea i just dont see up making the playoffs not to mention we havent done anything after the trade and that were also getting ppl from green bay wtf eh? thats not right i mean i like green bay now because u dunt see them taking anybody from us now do u?so i say that i see us going 4-12 or sumthing like that because were just gunna suck!!!!!!!!!!
dude, get use to it. i have followed these losers since 1967, i was 7 then. they always suck, do suck, and will always suck. do i need to list the reasons? best one of was gary andersons only miss of 1998. that was the closest these bunch of clowns will ever get to the RING.
just live with it, i have and I will. i will still follow these clowns with all my heart, but realize heartbreak is part of the love.
LIVE WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!
ENJOT IT!!!!!!!!!!
btw my son says stop cursing!!!
daunte culpepper

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Mar 16, 2006
nick price wrote:
i say the trade was horible cause i read his book and daunte said that he would rather be on the vikings than any other team. also he was my rolmodel and my favorite player and i say if you are going to trade daunte they should atleast get a first draft pick and a good player . i really thought the trade was stupid and other viking fans should be too. i was really sad when i hered that he got traded , but even more upset when they traded daunte for a 2 draft choice.
great story!!!!!!!!!!

that was a great story!!!!!!!
coy18

United States

#6 Mar 16, 2006
First, vikingsfan18 finish high school and learn how to write.
Second, are you people kiding me. What has this bum ever won? He can't read a defense, and thank goodness we won't have to watch him in the new offense.(You do know they are going to be using the west coast offense) It only works with a Q.B. that can determine what the linebacker and safety are doing before the snap.

Great move by the Vikings! Yes they still need help--alot of it, but they got rid of a cancer.

Finally, he my never play again, because of this injury, and he was trying to get more money. That is all he was about. Don't for get the LOVE BOAT.
JayHubb

Atwater, CA

#7 Mar 16, 2006
Finally",finally they got rid of that piece of shit,ball dropping,interception throwing,fold under pressure,retarded,non leader, fatloser!!!Good for them',its the best move they have made since getting rid of that loud mouth work when i want to over rated black Q tip,Randy Moss! Now its time to build a legitimate contender and reach for the ring',I still believe.If it can happen for Denver it can happen for the Vikes'.
Torky125

Buffalo, MN

#8 Mar 16, 2006
Getting Rid of Culpepper was a great move for the team. Johnson played with us for awhile and been with other teams. He played in a superbowl so I say that he will get us to the superbowel because he has expereince as QB
toolpig

Pleasanton, CA

#9 Mar 17, 2006
good luck dolphin fans.....watch when daunte's in the pocket & his receiver is not open....can you say "happy feet" ...watch a linebacker rip his other knee out. he can't read defenses, he's a one receiver man with blinders on the side. i say seeeyaaa daunte, keep the pickle in the jar & good luck..........z
VikesFan

United States

#10 Mar 17, 2006
Good luck Dolphin fans. If you are intelligent football fans, Daunte will probably become your favorite player just like he is mine. You will love having the game's best pure passer. In addition, a scrambler who has rushed for over 170 career first downs. Despite some of the comments you read here, you will love his decision making and ability to make big plays out of nothing. Don't be discouraged by a lot of the jaded and disgruntled Viking fans' comments. Take it from NFL people instead. Several Vikings mentioned the reason they chose Minny via free agency was the chance to play with Daunte. Five current Vikings expressed dismay that the organization would even consider moving him. Sean Salisbury called the trade "legalized theft". So enjoy our stupidity and run with it. And by the way you don't become the 5th highest rated passer in NFL history and post a career completion percentage of 64%, both marks higher than Marino's, by not being able to read defenses. What a joke. Those claims are just as ignorant as they sound. Never mind the comments you read here about never winning anything with Daunte. He plays on offense, not defense. With the exception of this past partial season, Daunte's offenses were always amongst the tops in the league, the defenses always amongst the bottom, but yet any losing somehow was Daunte's fault! Those claims are laughable and defy logic. Fin fans Daunte did just fine when Randy was out injured in 2004, and Randy had his worst year as a pro as soon as he went to Oakland, yet nobody seems to talk about that. So good luck Dolphins and best wishes Daunte!!!!!!!!
Klem

Owatonna, MN

#11 Mar 17, 2006
VikingFan and all other Pepper fans. Here is my prediction, the viking will finish the season with a better record than Miami and two of their losses will be directly a result of Peppers play. No need for a reply, just watch the season and learn.
vikesfan18

Ely, MN

#12 Mar 17, 2006
uh no...heres the thing i know taht culpepper will get better before the season and i dont need to end high school and learn how to write becasue i know how to...look at it we arent getting anyone new and if you wanan talk about choking remember back in 1998 agaisnt the atl. falcons i think we were ahead by alot eh?yea then what?oh we lost now im going to say that we will not end with the record that im thinking of every year im saying no playoffs and no div. title
Inside Scoop

Perrysburg, OH

#13 Mar 17, 2006
It's no wonder Daunte wanted to get out of Minn. Those of you making these derogatory comments are a bunch of racist. I quess Kevin Garnett isn't any good either. Klem, the Vikes will not have a better season than Miami, you guys are in shambles. Your coach just proved that he is a loser by talking about his negitiations with Daunte. Don't think the players will appreciate that. He needs to learn from Saban. You don't try to cover your ass in the press. I predict that he will be gone in 2 years. You guys lost Moss and Daunte and got nothing in return, that is ridiculous. Instead of trying to justify those trades you guys should be furious. Oh well, enjoy your upcoming mediocre season. Here in Miami it will be fun!
vikesfan18

Ely, MN

#14 Mar 17, 2006
well now kevin garnett wasnt in no sex boat activity now wasnt he? it was daunte that was there and hes prolly lying to
vikings fan 4ever

United States

#15 Mar 17, 2006
brad will do just fine in the new offense and the vikings will win the north with an improved and consistent defense
vikesfan18

Ely, MN

#16 Mar 17, 2006
well we got good ppl last year for defense right?so why did we suck the 1st half but wait...o no we just beat mediocre teams i forgot
vikings fan 4ever

United States

#17 Mar 17, 2006
oh! smoot is gonna miss daunte one of the reasons we started so slow was the defense and the play of
fred (toast) smoot. i was excited when he came to minn
but it sure hasn't turned out the way i thought it would
at least so far. as for bryant. he played pretty well
but the o line sucked, daunte got smacked and his reads
were terrible and of course the boat! all this explains why tice (good line coach) is in jacksonville
VikesFan

United States

#18 Mar 18, 2006
Inside Scoop wrote:
It's no wonder Daunte wanted to get out of Minn. Those of you making these derogatory comments are a bunch of racist. I quess Kevin Garnett isn't any good either. Klem, the Vikes will not have a better season than Miami, you guys are in shambles. Your coach just proved that he is a loser by talking about his negitiations with Daunte. Don't think the players will appreciate that. He needs to learn from Saban. You don't try to cover your ass in the press. I predict that he will be gone in 2 years. You guys lost Moss and Daunte and got nothing in return, that is ridiculous. Instead of trying to justify those trades you guys should be furious. Oh well, enjoy your upcoming mediocre season. Here in Miami it will be fun!
I am furious with the two worst trades in the league two years in a row. You don't lose your best players and get nothing in return and improve. The Vikings are in total shambles right now and are an embarrassment throughout the league. It's hard to be excited about the future when our best talent is wearing someone else's jersey.
Gonzo

United States

#19 Mar 18, 2006
All right people, Dante's gone, get over it. Give Brad a chance with the new offence. Too many people think you need these big time, big money QB's to win a championship. Where's Peyton's ring?
Brian

Cody, WY

#20 Mar 18, 2006
What the heck did we ever get with Culpepper and Moss?
Every once and a while an 85 yard pass/TD. Big deal. I'm tired of 8-8 seasons with overpriced athletes with huge egos. Give me leadership and team play. Something that we haven't had in years. They did ok sometimes when the game didn't mean a thing. I remember the 41-0 blowout to the Giants in the playoffs.(with Pepper & Moss) I remember failing to beat the worst team in the league in the last regular season game that would have put them in the playoffs.(with Pepper & Moss. But the stats looked good to the experts. ha. Brad Johnson is not old at 38. He should have been starting for the last
few years. The man is one of the best qb's to ever play in the NFL. He's not flashy. He's not mobile. Ha. He does have a Super Bowl ring. He is an excellent role model as an athlete. There will be no scandel. No boat rides or running over meter maids. Can't wait for the new season. I can get out my Viking colors again. Brad is back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Smoot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Springs Appears Unlikely for Redskins vs. Eagles (Oct '08) Sep '09 katie 5
News NFL players promoting improved physical education (Mar '09) Mar '09 Bill Hicks 1
News Sean Taylor's Family Auctions Off His Vehicles (Dec '08) Feb '09 dequan 3
News Birds left wondering what could have been (Dec '08) Jan '09 AtownBrown 11
News Redskins Sweep Left, While Coach's Focus Is Up ... (Oct '08) Oct '08 steve walker 1
News Redskins QB Campbell Has Sore Groin, Should Be OK (Oct '08) Oct '08 Dick Hertz 8
News Catching Everyone Off Guard (Oct '08) Oct '08 Justin W 1
More from around the web