Reggie Bush won't get his No. 5 this year

Reggie Bush won't get to wear the No. 5 he made famous at USC for the New Orleans Saints. Full Story
South Bayer

Fairfield, CA

#1 May 23, 2006
I had no idea of this weird insider-trading amongst the players for different numbers. What a great article, and classy of Reggie Bush to donate some of his jersey proceeds to Katrina victims.
Tim C from West Monroe

Dayton, OH

#2 May 24, 2006
I agree with the NFL's decison to not allow an exception. That would surely open a flood gate for others. It was also a great offer of donating a portion of his jersey sales to the Katrina relief. Obviously Bush is a very naturally gifted sports figure but being in the NFL has a way of changing a persons mindset. I his WINNING ATTITUDE and GENEROUS WAYS continues. Hopefully Bush will also be ready to withstand the critics when his game day is not as good as it should be. The NFL can be very cruel at times but when your paid what some players are your expected to be "the best in the world" at what you do best and that's play football.
Wouldn't it be great to have Bush rise to the occasion and be an awesome team leader and instill in every player and never give up attitude and have the Saints back to respectable.
michael

Andover, NJ

#3 May 24, 2006
Finally, a Bush that actually know's how to lead!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred McAfee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
backstabber (Oct '06) Jun '08 pro baller 4
McAfee always a class act (Jun '07) Jun '07 Saintgoupie 3
Saints could bring back McAfee? (Dec '06) Dec '06 Moose 7
Saints saddened by departure of Fast Freddy (Sep '06) Sep '06 cuz 1
Special player is in race with time (Aug '06) Aug '06 fan 2
Am Proud of YOU (Jun '06) Jun '06 Chettie 1
go head p-town!! (Jun '06) Jun '06 ygg1are 1
•••
•••

Fred McAfee People Search