Tom Powers: Vikings finding new, inte...

Tom Powers: Vikings finding new, interesting ways to lose

There are 110 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 19, 2008, titled Tom Powers: Vikings finding new, interesting ways to lose. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

After the Vikings' screwy 48-41 loss to the Bears on Sunday, Jared Allen made the following prediction: "You'll see a different team in two weeks!" Gosh, I hope it's the Giants or the Steelers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
don vega

United States

#104 Oct 20, 2008
Come On wrote:
Even thought the Vikes lost, I think that this was the most exciting game of the season. Who would of thought that we would score 41 points, and 24 in the first half. I think the Vikes offense was 10 times better today then it was a week ago, and it was going against a better defense. If we are going to lose and not make a run towards the championship I would rather see this type of a game then a game with the score 12-10, and no offense, or for that matter no defense. We all know that we are going to watch every game, because we are die hard fans, so let's just hope it is exciting as it was today.
championship are you ok with these loosers we couldn't do it in 98 the bears were missing about 7 starters what was wrong with us
ColoradoVikingFa n

Greenwood Village, CO

#105 Oct 21, 2008
CA Vike wrote:
I've had it with you jaded losers...we hung up 5 td's today but all you can see is the bad week in and week out...You are done with the Vikes...I am done with you Minnesota Losers...I will be back when we go on our win streak and will be talking major excrement...have fun with your bitchin and whinnin...how many ways can you say the same crap over and over?...it's too bad you can't see we are close to being pretty good...now go back to beating your wives and kickin your dogs because the Vikes are on a bye week...the one's that don't have either then back to the basement.
Outta here....
If you're waiting for a win streak while Chilly-dumb-dumb is in charge you're apt to be gone awhile.
ColoradoVikingFa n

Greenwood Village, CO

#106 Oct 21, 2008
Bucky wrote:
<quoted text>
another faithful fan jumping off the wagon? This is what gives Viking fans a bad reputation all of the country. Sure, they lost. Season over though?
Just remember what you said when the Vikes win ok?
Is Chilly still in charge? Season over...pack it in.
kdogg

United States

#107 Oct 21, 2008
Vikes are going to have to go atleast 6-3 to have a sniff at the playoffs. Anyone think this team can go 6-3, or better? They should just put in Tjack and see if the boy can improve. If not, cut the Tjack/Chilidip Bozo show at the end of the year. That should appease the moron 'we didn't give Tjack a chance' fans right?
canada lumboo

Toronto, Canada

#108 Oct 21, 2008
ZIGI----look at st louis ----a new coach makes a big difference----and we got a lot more talent than st louis----please axe chili before we waste the whole season!!!!
kdogg

United States

#109 Oct 21, 2008
Bucky wrote:
You all are so fricking negative. Sure 3-4 isn't a stellar record, but they're not the Lions or the Chiefs or Raiders.
What I love is the attitude here.
Wallow in your misery. Just don't wonder why people have no pity for you all. You've pretty much got the poor me thing down to a science. Guess the team Super Bowl bound on paper really isn't all that. So what? It's a game...win or lose, gives ya something to do on a cold winter Sunday. Wait, if no one is going to show up at the games, that will mean no Vikes on tv...not that they'd be missed or anything.
Lets see... Wade philips has been fairly successful in Dallas. After 3 losses in 4 games, he is about to get fired. Childress has had no success in 3 years and there is no end in sight. I think the misery of Viking fans is warranted.
kat

Hudson, WI

#110 Oct 21, 2008
kdogg wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see... Wade philips has been fairly successful in Dallas. After 3 losses in 4 games, he is about to get fired. Childress has had no success in 3 years and there is no end in sight. I think the misery of Viking fans is warranted.
It probably is...my comment though was about the apparent coaching vacancies and who'd be available to fill them. For as lax as Wilf seems to be Jerry Jones is the polar opposite. Taking into account the end of season losses last year (especially the playoff loss) the 'boys have lost like 5 of the last nine. I can't remember the # exactly...

If Jones feels Wade Phillips isn't doing the job, he'll be gone way before Wilf makes a move.
andy g

Roswell, GA

#111 Oct 21, 2008
Cursed wrote:
THIS IS A CURSED FRANCHISE. Build a new stadium, FIRE KLINK, CLEAN OUT THE WHOLE FRONT OFFICE, hire a GM & see what happens. That's all I can say.
We had a GM once..Mike Lynn..architect of the revival of the Dallas Cowboys. Be careful what you ask for, it could be worse...I know, how can it be worse???..Zygi could go out there and hire Matt (the brain) Millen...we could be the Lions...
bulldogdutch

United States

#112 Oct 21, 2008
Our Vikes have learned from our mistakes. We will finish season 12-4. Then we will rage and pillage through the playoffs in January into February.
purplehaze

Toronto, Canada

#113 Oct 21, 2008
andy g wrote:
<quoted text>We had a GM once..Mike Lynn..architect of the revival of the Dallas Cowboys. Be careful what you ask for, it could be worse...I know, how can it be worse???..Zygi could go out there and hire Matt (the brain) Millen...we could be the Lions...
what...we're not the lions?...oh that's right...we beat their a s s 12-10!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Thankful' Joseph rejoins Vikings after shooting (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jake the Zoo Janitor 4
News MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
News Vikings Still Have Chance At Henry Melton (Mar '14) Mar '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
News Ranking the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Moves (Mar '14) Mar '14 Spielman 2
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Minnesota Vikings expect nearly every player to... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings could be patient players again in draft (Apr '13) Apr '13 old time viking fan 4
More from around the web