Minnesota Vikings' Pat Williams out 2...

Minnesota Vikings' Pat Williams out 2 to 6 weeks with shoulder ...

There are 58 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 15, 2008, titled Minnesota Vikings' Pat Williams out 2 to 6 weeks with shoulder .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Vikings Pro Bowl defensive tackle Pat Williams has suffered a shoulder injury that will sideline him two to six weeks, Vikings coach Brad Childress said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jeb

United States

#1 Dec 15, 2008
i asked and recieved...wow that really sucks. i guess he should just take that suspension now.
MissinPat

Cottage Grove, MN

#2 Dec 15, 2008
Ouch. This hurts. The number one reason teams can't run against us, Big Pat.
Now we go against a potent rushing attack in the Falcons.
elvis presley

Minnetonka, MN

#3 Dec 15, 2008
karma?
Frank

Spartanburg, SC

#4 Dec 15, 2008
Blast! Evans and Kennedy are going to have to step it up a notch. And KW is still in there, so all is not lost. If nothing else, maybe this injury with re-instill a sense of urgency and prevent a let down after a big road win.

Kennedy is a former top 15 draft pick that came out of the same draft as Kevin Williams and E.J. Henderson. It'd be nice if he started showing some of that ability right about now.

Atlanta plays well at home, but they're 3-4 on the road. With the dome rockin' on Sunday, we should still be able to wrap up the division. Let's just hope the coaches don't play it too close to the vest with the play-calling.

Get well soon, Pat. Hopefully, we'll see you back on the field for the playoffs.
Purple Since 1965

Plano, TX

#5 Dec 15, 2008
We'll be fine. We'll be fine.
kris

Orangeville, Canada

#6 Dec 15, 2008
with any luck we will end up with the 2nd seed thus the additional week off but i bet Big Pat will play in the playoffs if we are fortunate enough to get in
Loser Vikes

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 15, 2008
The Williams Wall is starting to crumble Karma Bitches
Lance706

Stillwater, MN

#8 Dec 15, 2008
They should NOT let him drop his case and should make him sit next year if he loses. ( and most people think he would ) .
falstaff

Lake Mary, FL

#10 Dec 15, 2008
The mark of a truly good team is that they take this kind of a blow in stride. Many other teams have lost key players before and the team still manages to win. It's just that other guys will need to step up and help mitigate the loss. I think the biggest mistake we can make is to use it as an excuse.
kat

River Falls, WI

#11 Dec 15, 2008
Wonder if the judge will now hold off any decision until next season???
Lance706

Stillwater, MN

#12 Dec 15, 2008
If he is truely unbiased and ethical he will as he stated last week. I guess time will tell.

It's a shame that the Wall choose to file together. LOCKED at the hip so to speak.
Dave

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Dec 15, 2008
Get Well Soon Big Daddy!!!
Our Defense will be fine against the Falcons on Sunday....
Johnny Utah

Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

#14 Dec 15, 2008
he could be back for the playoffs...if we win the next 2, it would be 3 (or if the cards fall our way 4 week until playoff game number 1. Drink some milk Pat and lay off the star-caps.

We need you.

Since: Oct 08

Des Moines, IA

#15 Dec 15, 2008
It could be closer to 2 weeks rather than 6, which means we could have him back for the playoffs.
Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Dec 15, 2008
Don't underestimate Les Frazier...the defense will rise to the challenge. Losing EJ Henderson, a potential NFL defensive MVP, was a far greater task...
onshore

Daytona Beach, FL

#17 Dec 15, 2008
Mad Dog Gus wrote:
Don't underestimate Les Frazier...the defense will rise to the challenge. Losing EJ Henderson, a potential NFL defensive MVP, was a far greater task...
No doubt!! Good post. I sometimes forget about EJ and cringe at what our D would be with him still there.

Agreed...Frazier will fill the void and adjust. Might not match what Phat Pat brings to the game, but we should be fine.

Get well soon, big man! We need you in the playoffs.
jeb

United States

#18 Dec 15, 2008
i, too, thought that our d would suffer with the lost of E.J, but it just showed is that greenway and leber were ready to step up. pat is a big loss, but wyms, evans and robison will do well to get some more snaps and hopefully pat will be ready (and under 400lbs) in another few weeks.

“wtf”

Since: Oct 08

Isanti, MN

#19 Dec 15, 2008
don't forget about Nappy Harris as well, filling those Pro-Bowl sized shoes of EJ when he went out. After a small rough patch at the start, Napolean has been solid. Evans went through camp, he practices and watches film every week. Now he just needs to, like he said, "make a name for himself". He has some very, very big shoes to fill too, literally and figuratively.

It's a blow, but we still have Berrian, some guy named All Day, Toine and Greenway and KWill and JA. We'll be alright. Huge game on Sunday. I'm already terrified/stoked
Archangel

Rochester, MN

#20 Dec 15, 2008
Loser Vikes wrote:
The Williams Wall is starting to crumble Karma ****

I doubt anyone's going to fall down as far as GB. Gotta really blow down there kissin' The Kitties on the bottom of the pond. KARMA ****

Vikes will be just fine. AND take division.
elvis presley

Minnetonka, MN

#21 Dec 15, 2008
eat it Pukers. choke on the curse of Brett Farve Brett Farve Brett Farve. You may not sniff the playoffs again for 50 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Thankful' Joseph rejoins Vikings after shooting (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jake the Zoo Janitor 4
News MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
News Vikings Still Have Chance At Henry Melton (Mar '14) Mar '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
News Ranking the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Moves (Mar '14) Mar '14 Spielman 2
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Minnesota Vikings expect nearly every player to... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings could be patient players again in draft (Apr '13) Apr '13 old time viking fan 4
More from around the web