Dolphins re-sign Traylor; add free ag...

Dolphins re-sign Traylor; add free agent S Worrell

There are 53 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 8, 2007, titled Dolphins re-sign Traylor; add free agent S Worrell. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A day after Dolphins defensive chief Dom Capers said that second-year defensive tackle Fred Evans was the frontrunner for a starting job, the team re-signed veteran free agent nose tackle Keith Traylor to a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
david

Miami, FL

#1 Mar 8, 2007
Are the dolphins ever going to sign anybody in the offence side of the ball.They do not even have a complete offence line in place?
stinky fingers

Spartanburg, SC

#2 Mar 8, 2007
How much was the deal for Traylor for? If it's for small money, I'm very happy with it
phintim

Fort Myers, FL

#3 Mar 8, 2007
A little needed light at last. Good move for depth with Traylor back as insurance. Picking up more injury prone players is interesting!
Chris V

Clark, NJ

#4 Mar 8, 2007
Let's get this straight. Cam Cameron just signed a guy named Cameron. Sounds a little fishy to me. Cameron Frye is a free agent, maybe he can punt.
Ken in San Diego

San Diego, CA

#5 Mar 8, 2007
Has Keith had his knees scoped? How sure are we that he can complete a full season? Or are we going to "spot" use him in key run-stop situations to prolong his career?

Worrell is a nice pickup; hopefully, he will elevate the play of the special teams.

I didn't see any salary figures, so I wonder how this impacted the cap.
jedco-online

Atlanta, GA

#6 Mar 8, 2007
david wrote:
Are the dolphins ever going to sign anybody in the offence side of the ball.They do not even have a complete offence line in place?
Give them time - May go heavy on offense in the draft. Plus when the overpaying starts in FA they will probably be a little more active.

Glad they got the "Truck" back he was a force in the middle. I'd bet that frees the fins to go after A solid OL if Quinn is not available.
Chris

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Mar 8, 2007
Good move, Traylor still is solid, hopefully they didnt give up to much $$. Work Evans into things, but Traylor is a run stopper, D will be tough again. Not a whole lot to go get for O line in FA, good guys are gone, and mostly overpaid. Get Stallworth, draft the line, and hopefully CPep has some bounce left. Cant rebuild to a decent O Line in one year. Would be nice though
haz

Chicago, IL

#9 Mar 8, 2007
Oh sh!t.

Sincerely,
The rest of the AFC East
Todd

Miami, FL

#10 Mar 8, 2007
Bringing back traylor helps with the depth on the defensive line we needed, maybe add one more player the draft and then worry bout everything else. we need special teams help now that are top tacklers morris and minor, the leader in touchbacks mare, and are top return guy welker are gone. the special teams is what might get overlooked. also just read an article that says the fins are working out a trade for trent green. if they get green and draft a young qb, i promise culpepper is gone. green would be the automatic starter seeing is how he knows camerons offense. remember even if culpepper comes back relatively heathy he still needs to learn a whole new offense. if he's not sure dropping back to pass in the new system, that doesnt bode well for the pass protection and his knee, thats what hurt him last year! from here on out do not focus on defense until we have helped out the offensive side of the ball. i am definately excited bout this offensive overhaul though, something to look forward to and support to the fullest!
Saukcan

Spokane, WA

#11 Mar 8, 2007
Solid moves. Still not sold on signing Feely... not really an upgrade and didn't really save the team much $.

As far as offensive signings.... or the lack of: that probably has more to do w/ lack of talent in the FA market than an effort on the team's part. At this point I'd expect that they'll really concentrate on O in the draft.
Stephen

AOL

#12 Mar 8, 2007
david wrote:
That's what the draft will be for. And they did sign Martin from GB. Patience.

Since: Jan 07

West Palm Beach

#13 Mar 8, 2007
This defense is going to be one for the ages. Even with the purge on the offensive side of the ball I can't see them being any worse than last year. Maybe we can make it back to .500 this year. IMO that would be a succesful season for me.
Dave Wannstedt

Pleasanton, CA

#14 Mar 8, 2007
Are these signings news worthy?
the brain stem

Stuart, FL

#15 Mar 8, 2007
It's pretty obvious that based on the moves so far, the draft is going to be all offense. The defense is pretty much in place but the offense will be mostly new.
F U ALL

Keene, NH

#16 Mar 8, 2007
One more big move in free agency with an O-line man like Steinbach. The speed in the draft like McGinn. The draft has speed speed and more spped and talent, real deep draft and 9 picks. Look out we might see the playoffs. Might not though lot of talent in the AFC look out for the Ravens and Jets in the championship game with Ravens in the Superbowl. Man I hate the Jets. Go Phins!!!!
cnich

Lake Worth, FL

#17 Mar 8, 2007
Traylor siging is ok, although the man is 37 and has bad knees. Still think there is good maybe possible great DL in this draft. Sign Stallworth and draft Alan Branch from Mich. I think the Fins are focused on Levi Brown in the 1st round. He can start right now.
cheo101862

United States

#18 Mar 8, 2007
I,m sure Cam nows whayt he is doing.I am more impressed with the COJONES he has shown as compared to slick nick.
Dave

Miami, FL

#19 Mar 8, 2007
It's in the Sports section, Wanny. Quit crying
bronxboys

Great Neck, NY

#20 Mar 8, 2007
Having Traylor back is HUGE...LITERALLY.
You hope the money is reasonable,but the whole league is pouring $$$ into players pockets.
I would now figure that Cam+Co. are going to use most of the draft on the offense.Remember,he is an offensive mind.Also,Hudson Houck is still one of the best and yes,even Mularkey,if you keep him on a leash,will contribute.
Tony

Blackstock, SC

#21 Mar 8, 2007
I'm happy to see the team resign Keith Traylor. He gives the team nice depth and he is a factor in stopping the run game. Cameron Worrell adds depth to the secondary and special teams, which is important.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Thankful' Joseph rejoins Vikings after shooting (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jake the Zoo Janitor 4
News MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
News Vikings Still Have Chance At Henry Melton (Mar '14) Mar '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
News Ranking the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Moves (Mar '14) Mar '14 Spielman 2
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Minnesota Vikings expect nearly every player to... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings could be patient players again in draft (Apr '13) Apr '13 old time viking fan 4
More from around the web