Huizenga shows confidence in Cameron ...

Huizenga shows confidence in Cameron -- South Florida Sun-Senti...

There are 194 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 21, 2007, titled Huizenga shows confidence in Cameron -- South Florida Sun-Senti.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Dolphins owner H. Wayne Huizenga gave first-year coach Cam Cameron a glowing review after meeting with him Tuesday afternoon, but that doesn't mean he's willing to go too many more years without making the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Broward Resident

AOL

#1 Aug 22, 2007
And hehind closed doors I'm sure The Cam heard something differant from the Big Wayne .. More like if the team dosen't make or come close to the playoffs this year ... Pack Your Bags !.. You can almost bet the Big Wayne won't put up with another Saban saga
A BROWARD RESIDENT

Miami, FL

#2 Aug 22, 2007
Broward Resident wrote:
And hehind closed doors I'm sure The Cam heard something differant from the Big Wayne .. More like if the team dosen't make or come close to the playoffs this year ... Pack Your Bags !.. You can almost bet the Big Wayne won't put up with another Saban saga
Are you serious? Does anyone think this team is in anything but rebuilding mode? 5-11 will be a good year.

Playoffs?

Playoffs?
BIG RAY

Oxford, NJ

#3 Aug 22, 2007
If this team some how makes the playoffs,Wayne better lock Cameron in on a big $ extension.I think its to much to ask of this team this season though, i think 8-8 would be considered a pretty good season for this team.Dont get me wrong,i would love a cinderella story this year,but i wont get my hopes up like last season.
Timothy

Detroit, MI

#4 Aug 22, 2007
Now, this is a perfect example of how terrible this nation's media has become over the last couple decades!
They're not content to report the news, they feel the need to 'form/shape' the news.
There was absolutely nothing in this report/article that would ever in a million years make a sensible/reasonable person believe that WH's message to the media was "Cam doesn't have much time to get this thing turned around." Or that he's on a 'short leash.' Or that Wayne will be making a quick change if the Dolphins aren't in the play-offs in say, two years.

Yet here is this typical 'New Yorker' Fialkov, injecting this conclusion into his piece. Unless Wayne said something to Harvey, that Harvey chose not to share with us (do you believe he'd ever do that?), he totally added this part on his own accord !!

I'm telling you, this is an outrage.

I came away from this interview with a feeling that Wayne couldn't be more happy with this coach. Furthermore, I get a similar feeling from the players.

The media has become so devisive to our society in so many ways, especially when it comes to political aspects of our lives ... it's outrageous, if you ask me !

Absolutely disingenuous article, Harvey. You owe Wayne and furthermore every Dolphins fan an apology. Quit trying to load a simple interview with a controversy that isn't there !
ocala howie

Eustis, FL

#5 Aug 22, 2007
Broward Resident wrote:
mr. negative strikes again... wayne is not going to fire cam if we miss the playoffs this year. he knows if we keep changing coaches we will never see the playoffs. i say if there is not a vast improvement by the end of next season(wild card) and an outright playoff birth by season 3 then cam will need to find a new job. GO PHINS!!!
F U ALL

Keene, NH

#6 Aug 22, 2007
Timothy wrote:
Now, this is a perfect example of how terrible this nation's media has become over the last couple decades!
They're not content to report the news, they feel the need to 'form/shape' the news.
There was absolutely nothing in this report/article that would ever in a million years make a sensible/reasonable person believe that WH's message to the media was "Cam doesn't have much time to get this thing turned around." Or that he's on a 'short leash.' Or that Wayne will be making a quick change if the Dolphins aren't in the play-offs in say, two years.
Yet here is this typical 'New Yorker' Fialkov, injecting this conclusion into his piece. Unless Wayne said something to Harvey, that Harvey chose not to share with us (do you believe he'd ever do that?), he totally added this part on his own accord !!
I came away from this interview with a feeling that Wayne couldn't be more happy with this coach. Furthermore, I get a similar feeling from the players.
The media has become so devisive to our society in so many ways, especially when it comes to political aspects of our lives ... it's outrageous, if you ask me !
Absolutely disingenuous article, Harvey. You owe Wayne and furthermore every Dolphins fan an apology. Quit trying to load a simple interview with a controversy that isn't there !
As a "New Yorker" I find your remarks bigoted. As for the rest of your rant it makes no sense what so ever.
Ramsterone

Polk City, FL

#7 Aug 22, 2007
Cam has at least three or four years here to win, get real. And we are rebuilding and need at least another draft or two. But I think we will win this year and go 10 and 6.

Since: Jun 07

United States

#10 Aug 22, 2007
Timothy wrote:
100% right on. No one loves the 'fins more than me. God couldn't fix this in one year. I am hoping for a 7-9 year. Wayne did not become a succesful business man being stupid.
Hermit

Ocala, FL

#11 Aug 22, 2007
Thanks Howie for telling that retard where to get off.

To the poster "_ u all", You actually READ that?

Getting this ship righted isn't going to be easy. It will take time. All of the complainers want instant gratification. This franchise will once again be on top it just takes time after a one two like Wanny and Saban.
Timothy

Detroit, MI

#12 Aug 22, 2007
F U ALL wrote:
<quoted text>
As a "New Yorker" I find your remarks bigoted. As for the rest of your rant it makes no sense what so ever.
"Bigoted" ..... of course it was bigoted. You may be a fine person, but the remark and reputation of 'New Yorkers' is well deserved, and earned. Wear the crown with dignity.

The reason you felt the 'rant' made no sense is because YOU were 'prejudiced' against any comments I made, after you read the 'New Yorkers' comment. You just closed your mind. Your privilege.

I was in the theater watching "Terms Of Endearment" 20+ years ago, and when John Lithgow's character told the grocery store clerk (who was being mean toward Debra Winger's character) who had just denied she was "being rude." "If you don't realize that you are being rude, then you must be from New York."

The audience laughed, hooted and applauded that line for at least 2-3 minutes and you didn't even hear the rest of the conversation that took place after that.

I've never forgotten that.
Have a great day!
Timothy

Detroit, MI

#14 Aug 22, 2007
Ramsterone wrote:
Cam has at least three or four years here to win, get real. And we are rebuilding and need at least another draft or two. But I think we will win this year and go 10 and 6.
10-6 may be a tad high, but I think your other comments about Cam's tenure is absolutely correct. I bet the guy's here 10+ years, and leaves of his own volition.

I just wish that there was a way to look straight into the eyes of all the 'naysayers' 2-3 years down the road when this franchise is the envy of the league !!!

Too many 'posters' that have computers but no clue, if you ask me !!!
NC Dolfan

Cathedral City, CA

#15 Aug 22, 2007
To think that the Fins could eek out 8 wins this season would be heartfelt. The hard reality is Cam is a new coach and we have a new offensive system with a poor offensive line and a new old QB. I'll take four or five wins and be very happy. On the lighter side I hope Ronnie Brown lives up to his draft position.

Oh by the way the media creates alot of BS!
john

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Aug 22, 2007
The fins have had only 3-4 losing seasons in the last 30 something years.unfortunately they have occurred in the last 6-7 years with the exception of Don Shula's 1 losing season. Wayne brought this guy in because he is a so-called offensive genius and because we have a solid aging defense. This franchise is in dire straits and believe me if the right coach is available and this offensive unit doesn't show improvement over last year, Wayne will go with the popular choice. Hopefully Cam would stay on as OC to prove he still has the skills.
Rumblefish21

New Concord, KY

#17 Aug 22, 2007
We already in pre season can tell we will be better than last year.We cut some cancer and dont think we wont cut some more if it means having a better team.I like Cams approach and think that WH is seing a good product for the near future.He is a bussiness man.This is the first time in years he can taste a change.He knows the fans have had it with a losing team.He also knows when you have somthing so far gone it may take a liitle clean up to be able to sell it again.I stress the words a little.So Cam comes in clears some room, has a good draft and free agency,and now we are starting to see a product that will sell again.I am being sold on the idea that anything is better than last season and if you believe that then you already see an improvment.Sure there are people out there sick of watching us go in the tank every year.We were all spoiled.I think people have a right to be negative.No one likes to lose and have to hear about it at work the next day.This is going to take a while to get it all together,but you can tell we will be better this year.Who knows we may surpise some people.I dont think there is any possibilty that WH told Cam do it this year or your gone.I think more likely he said we are looking better and how long are we looking at.There has to be a time line.You never stick with a guy that has no idea what he is doing.So far I like the draft and the coaching and feel that this team will win again soon.HELL YEAH GO FINS!!!
Timothy

Detroit, MI

#18 Aug 22, 2007
john wrote:
The fins have had only 3-4 losing seasons in the last 30 something years.unfortunately they have occurred in the last 6-7 years with the exception of Don Shula's 1 losing season. Wayne brought this guy in because he is a so-called offensive genius and because we have a solid aging defense. This franchise is in dire straits and believe me if the right coach is available and this offensive unit doesn't show improvement over last year, Wayne will go with the popular choice. Hopefully Cam would stay on as OC to prove he still has the skills.
This 'post' certainly proves my point .... too many people with computers but no clue about football!
FinFn1372

Chesapeake, VA

#19 Aug 22, 2007
Ramsterone wrote:
Absolutely
Rodney

Miami, FL

#20 Aug 22, 2007
Timothy wrote:
<quoted text>
This 'post' certainly proves my point .... too many people with computers but no clue about football!
Absolutely correct sir. I think John means well but the Dolphins would have to go 0-16 and average less than 10 points a game and then maybe Huizenga would entertain making a change.

People, we are going through changes and I think for the better. However the road will be bumpy before it gets better.
Give optimism a chance

United States

#21 Aug 22, 2007
I think Cameron is here for the long term. I'm more concerned about how long Dom Capers is willing to stay here as an assistant coach. I think these 2 coaches and Mueller, if kept together, will prove to be a very good team.
Get er Done

AOL

#22 Aug 22, 2007
john wrote:
it's amazing that you can write so much about something you know so little about. now go put on your Chrebet jersey and make believe you're sitting and screamimg on FireIsland Ed's shoulders
Tony Brown

United States

#23 Aug 22, 2007
The fans do expect this team to get to the playoffs this year and Wayne does need to let Cam know that. The fans are not excepting - "we are rebuilding excuses", So Cam
get these guys going out of the box or see empty seats and boos! The fans are tired of excuses by owner, management and coaches. Get the job done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Thankful' Joseph rejoins Vikings after shooting (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jake the Zoo Janitor 4
News MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
News Vikings Still Have Chance At Henry Melton (Mar '14) Mar '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
News Ranking the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Moves (Mar '14) Mar '14 Spielman 2
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Minnesota Vikings expect nearly every player to... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings could be patient players again in draft (Apr '13) Apr '13 old time viking fan 4
More from around the web