Minnesota Vikings sign backup defensi...

Minnesota Vikings sign backup defensive tackle Fred Evans to on...

There are 23 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 6, 2009, titled Minnesota Vikings sign backup defensive tackle Fred Evans to on.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Minnesota Vikings signed restricted free agent defensive tackle Fred Evans. Terms were not disclosed, but ProFootballTalk.com reported it was a one-year, $1.545 million deal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Keith Millard

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Apr 7, 2009
Why only one year? I would have locked him up for a few he is a good player that is coming into his prime.
Sage Rosencraps

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 7, 2009
Once again, I turn the ball over more than this guy tackles. Vikes need to sign more garbabge like this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile...
Shack in TX

Plano, TX

#3 Apr 7, 2009
Hey rosendufis from Houston (The ces pool of Texas), Get over it. We all know your texans are a bad team and you don't like reading about them. If you have nothing new to post please refrain from showing off your lack of thinking.
DD Austin

Memphis, TN

#4 Apr 7, 2009
With Kevin signed with Tampa Bay for a 6 year extension (given his track record) their WINS will be LOW. Winslow :)
Vike Mike

Rogers, MN

#5 Apr 7, 2009
I think signing hin was good, but it should've been a longer contract...2-3years.

Did anyone sign Tory Holt yet?
If not, shouldn't WE GET HIM?!

FIRE CHILDRESS!

PFSD = Post Football Season Depression
kfan

Neenah, WI

#6 Apr 7, 2009
This is what they do - nothing signings.

Not even worth the time to read the headline - go get a real quarterback, loser psychotic coach or drop dead.
abc

Osage City, KS

#7 Apr 7, 2009
We should draft persy harven and pat white then we would rule at the wild cat.
Sage Rosentool

Houston, TX

#10 Apr 7, 2009
Very true. Please be correct when bashing who the Vikes sign..........

http://www.nfl.com/players/sagerosenfels/prof...
Archangel

Rochester, MN

#11 Apr 7, 2009
At least the curse of the 2005 draft should be over now that they've flushed the last turd. With but few exceptions, that draft really s**ked...
Shack in TX

Plano, TX

#13 Apr 7, 2009
Archangel wrote:
At least the curse of the 2005 draft should be over now that they've flushed the last turd. With but few exceptions, that draft really s**ked...
Now can we work on the second round of 2006. More specifically the second and third picks in that round.
FAVRELOUS

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Apr 7, 2009
Two steps forward, one step back. GET A REAL QUARTERBACK!
Justice

Faribault, MN

#15 Apr 7, 2009
Archangel wrote:
Except for Greenway, the class of 2006 should also be flushed down the toilet.
40for60

Carlton, MN

#17 Apr 7, 2009
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the hate for Cedric?
Personally, I think Griffin could start for many NFL teams.
ZSHOOTER

Anchorage, AK

#18 Apr 7, 2009
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the hate for Cedric?
He could definetly start for many NFL teams but, he's more of a stop blocker we could use some guys that actually intercept the ball more than occasionally, it would make him more of a difference maker. But he definetly stops alot of plays from happening which is really his main job.
Archangel

Rochester, MN

#19 Apr 7, 2009
Shack in TX wrote:
<quoted text>
Now can we work on the second round of 2006. More specifically the second and third picks in that round.

Exactly!
Archangel

Rochester, MN

#20 Apr 7, 2009
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>

My thoughts too. Yeah, Greenway was a damn good pick.
Archangel

Rochester, MN

#21 Apr 7, 2009
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the hate for Cedric?

Oops. Yeah, Griffin too.
Justice

Faribault, MN

#22 Apr 7, 2009
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the hate for Cedric?
I did forget about Cedric; he might be a fixture on this team for years to come. I have hate for nobody; not even Klink.
Archangel

Rochester, MN

#23 Apr 7, 2009
Hey, maybe since they didn't get Hoozyermama, they'll look into "Pistol-Plax" now that he's loose? I doubt it though...
I Doubt It

AOL

#24 Apr 7, 2009
You nailed that one. This team obviously does not want to actually play in a Super Bowl.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Thankful' Joseph rejoins Vikings after shooting (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jake the Zoo Janitor 4
News MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
News Vikings Still Have Chance At Henry Melton (Mar '14) Mar '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
News Ranking the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Moves (Mar '14) Mar '14 Spielman 2
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Minnesota Vikings expect nearly every player to... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings could be patient players again in draft (Apr '13) Apr '13 old time viking fan 4
More from around the web