Dolphins' DT Evans arrested, charged ...

Dolphins' DT Evans arrested, charged with battery

There are 118 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 23, 2007, titled Dolphins' DT Evans arrested, charged with battery. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Dolphins second-year defensive tackle Fred Evans was arrested early Saturday morning on Miami Beach and charged with battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and trespassing, according ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Auntie Jemima

Boca Raton, FL

#108 Jun 24, 2007
Buddy Boy wrote:
When was the last time a white football player got arrested? Anyone know?
Child Please...you can take da boy out of da hood, but you cant b takin da hood out of da boy, specially whenz he gots all dat money from d footballs team, just like he would have been done being if he had stayed home and be selling crack like his udder brutha's..word 2 yo mammy
G-diddy

New Orleans, LA

#109 Jun 24, 2007
arguing warrants being restrained in handcuffs? when u try players like animals, u cant expect them not to act like it...
Zod

Southfield, MI

#110 Jun 24, 2007
No, I don't condone this behavior but I do realize that this is a 23 year old outside of a bar at 6am. He was drunk and he was stupid. There is nothing more to it than that. You knew at least one person that got stupid when they were drunk when you were 23. Heck, I knew about 10 of them.
RaY from SuN DaYGo

San Diego, CA

#111 Jun 24, 2007
Caddy wrote:
I guess no news really is good news. It's been really quiet the last month... until this.
How many days until training camp opens?
Yeah, dol-drums of the pre-training camp. Hope Evans comes back, expect a 2-4 game suspension though, he was just in a bad place bad time. Go Phins!!!
Waco Texas

Covington, LA

#112 Jun 24, 2007
The guy was just taking a nap. The taxi driver should've just kept the meter running he could've made a fortune when Evans woke up!
Apparently,he wasn't in a good mood when he was brutally aroused by the cops,call the ACLU.
Officer Joe

Covington, LA

#113 Jun 24, 2007
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>I think you missed the point. Not only that but your Grammar is so bad I can't even understand what you are trying to say. To clarify, I was responding to another post (which apparantly you didn't read) and I was remarking about how NO man should ever hit ANY woman. The poster was saying how bad it was and I was saying that it was even worse because he was such a wuss that he assaulted a woman. YES I do believe it is worse because he hit a woman. Men hit eachother all the time but when they use violence against a woman they have crossed ANOTHER line that should never be crossed. What was your point?
She shouldn't be a cop if she can't take a hit,same in the army,navy,marines. If you want to play with the "boys" you have to "pay" with the boys.
If your a woman and want to do a man's job then all bets are off. He hit a police officer,the fact that she's a woman makes no difference!
Back Stabber

Covington, LA

#114 Jun 24, 2007
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Herald...they tell the whole story. He smelled of alcohol, vomited in the cab and tried to punch the driver.
sounds terrible to me, we got to many "Saints" like DUH in this community that apparently go to church and never get into trouble,but are the first to point a finger at someone else, what a bunch of hyprocrites!
dolphin donnie of na

North Attleboro, MA

#115 Jun 24, 2007
now heres some hot off the press type reading!
Broward Resident

AOL

#116 Jun 24, 2007
Waco Texas wrote:
The guy was just taking a nap. The taxi driver should've just kept the meter running he could've made a fortune when Evans woke up!
Apparently,he wasn't in a good mood when he was brutally aroused by the cops,call the ACLU.
How about Sharpton, Jackson and also Carlton Moore of Ft.Lauderdale .. Have to make your list complete
G-MAN

Allentown, PA

#117 Jun 24, 2007
"BOOZE" and having BIG money dont mix......hope he ends up with a nine to five"er like the rest of us hard working slobbs.......
Paul

United States

#118 Jun 24, 2007
You know between the blogs and the boards having the ranting & raving about conspiracies, evil coaches and GM,s 911 being caused by ex dolphins and that all cops are looking to beat everyone up, etc. I started to check around other teams boards to see if they were as insane, first one I checked was Jacksonville and I needed to look no further...This is a think tank compared to them. Come on preseason!!!!!
FLPoliticiansAre Stupid

Hollywood, FL

#119 Jun 24, 2007
It's ridiculous, how many criminals get onto NFL teams. They surely do not deserve a chance once they show their true colors. Athletes who are going to earn that kind of money and be in the public eye should be deserving of it.
A Real Man

Portland, OR

#120 Jun 24, 2007
and Real Men, Don't Hit Women!
Dude is just another Low Life
P.O.S. Athlete, who thinks law
is for others..
fantab2

Winfield, IL

#121 Jun 24, 2007
Wow what a shame we make a young man guilty with just one side of the story. What hppened to innocent until proven guilty. How little you know about the character of this young man. The good person he is, the fact he was in a cab and not driving. What happen to let's see if we can help him vs.crucify? i applaud those who share the same or similar feelings and your comments.
IME

Pompano Beach, FL

#122 Jun 24, 2007
A Real Man wrote:
and Real Men, Don't Hit Women!
Dude is just another Low Life
P.O.S. Athlete, who thinks law
is for others..
Your real open minded!Were you there,
pua

San Diego, CA

#123 Jun 24, 2007
What's wrong with these guys, don't they know they are representing our team, while it's time to put our little giant in, i meam Paul Soliai, he is young and very explosive, let him show his samoan power in the d-line...go, paul soliai & all the other samoan in the team, satele, maui'a & tala....good luck for the season...tofa ma ia manuia, bless & good luck tama samoa.
13kvfins

United States

#124 Jun 25, 2007
Greg wrote:
Where have you been my friend? Long time no see.
I don't suppose you were at reality camp... "When you finish ahead of the Jets?!??! LOL..You're kidding right? Or have they let the clowns escape?
Later man.
<quoted text>
Sup Greg?? Got bored there for awhile,and recently tripped over my big shoes,and fell into a pile of elephant dung..What'd you think about the important part of my analysis?? Take Care,P.S.clowns rule over shinanigan carnival ride operators!!Clowns make folks pee their pants for the sake of laughter,whereas carneys get pissed on by themselves/others for being shiesters,sleeping in the portopot,and for bathing purposes...GO FINS!!!! 2nd pl.east!!(w.c.??)..
13kvfins

United States

#125 Jun 25, 2007
Greg,previous was meant to be funny,not derogative...Soooo laugh already!!!GO FINS!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Thankful' Joseph rejoins Vikings after shooting (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jake the Zoo Janitor 4
News MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
News Vikings Still Have Chance At Henry Melton (Mar '14) Mar '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
News Ranking the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Moves (Mar '14) Mar '14 Spielman 2
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Minnesota Vikings expect nearly every player to... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings could be patient players again in draft (Apr '13) Apr '13 old time viking fan 4
More from around the web