Dolphins' DT Evans arrested, charged ...

Dolphins' DT Evans arrested, charged with battery

There are 118 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 23, 2007, titled Dolphins' DT Evans arrested, charged with battery. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Dolphins second-year defensive tackle Fred Evans was arrested early Saturday morning on Miami Beach and charged with battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and trespassing, according ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Kevin

Fall Creek, WI

#1 Jun 23, 2007
I would send him packing. We don't need any thugs on our team. The guy is obviously a moron.
Priscilla

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Jun 23, 2007
Typical Dolphin goon behavior.
Greg

Hollywood, FL

#3 Jun 23, 2007
Another "tough guy" arggu with a cab driver, bite a police officer, and bruise a woman officer in the knee.
The Miami Dolphins....The Circus Continues...
Keith

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Jun 23, 2007
I hope the dolphins release this jerk right now
Greg

Hollywood, FL

#5 Jun 23, 2007
does that mean Porter should pack too?
Kevin wrote:
I would send him packing. We don't need any thugs on our team. The guy is obviously a moron.
Opinion

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Jun 23, 2007
Release him. The behavior of athletes are getting out of hand, especially in the NFL. I wouldn't mind seeing some repeat offenders (Adam Jones & Tank Johnson) banned for life. It should be a honor to play in the NFL and some playres are treating it like the NFL should be honored to have them.
jetsfanssuck

West Richland, WA

#8 Jun 23, 2007
Kevin wrote:
I totally agree with you, send him on his way. If he's stupid enough to argue with someone to the point of being arrested, and then bite the arresting officer, then the Dolphins should use this opportunity to send a message.
jetsfanssuck

West Richland, WA

#9 Jun 23, 2007
Greg wrote:
does that mean Porter should pack too?
<quoted text>
If Porter screws up again, send him packing. Punching a dude is a bit different than biting a police officer, don't you think, Greg?
maverick50

Newcastle, OK

#10 Jun 23, 2007
great balls of fire , i knew it would be a matter of time before another player giving the nfl a black eye.
if it was me i would cut him imediately . but how much longer before goodell goes balistic on these guys ? how much longer before someone lighta a fire under these players ass to straighten up.
RaY from SuN DaYGo

San Diego, CA

#11 Jun 23, 2007
Wat d? I swear players need to be padlocked at home or sumthin, this is gettin' outta This should be dealt quickly before training camp starts. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 'another' chance though with a 3-5 game suspension. GO PHINS!!!
marinofan13

Woolrich, PA

#12 Jun 23, 2007
It would seem as though there is a trend forming in the NFL. It makes one wonder if it has always been there (with the law turning a blind-eye, until recently), or is it truly a symptom of TODAY'S society? If the latter is the case, surely it can't be only pro-athletes displaying the symptoms of a bigger problem. Anyway, let's sit tight and see the follow-up on facts to see what caused Evans to do what he did. Maybe we can figure out more on what's up with this new, bad trend. This is indeed a frickin' shame to us Phins, regardless! If proven guilty, your a$z is gone Fred Evans. GO PHINS!!!!
tdmiami

Sonora, TX

#13 Jun 23, 2007
Everyone is on the get rid of Fred Evans bandwagaon. What I want know is when did taxi drivers become so innocent? I have had quite a few try to rip me off. I don't know what happened in this case, but I am not giving a taxi driver a free pass.
FinFan NE

Omaha, NE

#14 Jun 23, 2007
Hang him, shoot him, cut him, he's a thug...let's all rush to judgement as quickly as possible so that no one ever gets a chance to explain themselves.

Before we jump to conclusions, lets get the details and find out the whole story. Was he intoxicated, medical condition, drug interaction reaction, etc. If this is Evans 1st incident, we owe him at least an opportunity to straighten thing out. He isn't Pacman after all...
Kenny Bouy-Naples

Naples, FL

#16 Jun 23, 2007
Too many of these young people are "out of control"...not just jocks,..all the crap that goes on daily in Central Miami and other "core" neighbor"hoods" is just unacceptable...and creates such a bad image for the young bucks comin up...
andrew

Boca Raton, FL

#17 Jun 23, 2007
dirty beach cops, man...

if they notice you are an athlete or celeb, they immediately turn the heat on you.

too bad, though, dolphins really had some depth at D- Line.
Rob

Saint Michael, MN

#19 Jun 23, 2007
Wanna bet Evans will soon be shown the door like a lot of other Saban baggage?

Exception here is Evans is making it an easy choice to be looking for a new team w/ these knucklehead actions.
Buddy Boy

Miami Beach, FL

#20 Jun 23, 2007
When was the last time a white football player got arrested? Anyone know?
bnn

Miami, FL

#21 Jun 23, 2007
I hope they whipped his sorry butt. I for one am very close to moving on from the NFL. I cannot and will not support these scumbags who all the sudden are millionares and think they own the world. I will get alot more done and save alot of money staying away from the NFL. If the Commish does not ban pac man(a great name considering) from the NFL I think you will see alot of fans turning away. At this rate it will be like the short lived XFL. Later.
Jack

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#23 Jun 23, 2007
Buddy Boy wrote:
When was the last time a white football player got arrested? Anyone know?
Eric Steinbach, early this fall I believe
Kwame Fin Fan Fa Life

Atlanta, GA

#24 Jun 23, 2007
FinFan NE wrote:
Hang him, shoot him, cut him, he's a thug...let's all rush to judgement as quickly as possible so that no one ever gets a chance to explain themselves.
Before we jump to conclusions, lets get the details and find out the whole story. Was he intoxicated, medical condition, drug interaction reaction, etc. If this is Evans 1st incident, we owe him at least an opportunity to straighten thing out. He isn't Pacman after all...
No one's ever heard of Due Process, Nor Benefit of the Doubt. You already know we've got some of the most stereotypical right-wing, self-righteous fans in the world. Most of the time I's ashamed to have them as fans with us! By the way they also dont know the meaning of "Redemption".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Thankful' Joseph rejoins Vikings after shooting (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jake the Zoo Janitor 4
News MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
News Vikings Still Have Chance At Henry Melton (Mar '14) Mar '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
News Ranking the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Moves (Mar '14) Mar '14 Spielman 2
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Minnesota Vikings expect nearly every player to... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings could be patient players again in draft (Apr '13) Apr '13 old time viking fan 4
More from around the web