Wilkinson trade could be voided

If former Dolphins defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson doesn't report to the Denver Broncos by Friday, the March 3 trade will be voided, according to a source. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 07

Lockbourne, OH

#21 Mar 15, 2007
matt berkshire wrote:
wait a minute i thought Kevin Vickerson was cut either right at the beginning of free agency or before it. Is he still with the team?
They re-signed him
Michael

Fairport, NY

#22 Mar 15, 2007
Bob Greasy wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Zabransky too. He looked really good against Oklahoma. He appears to have that "winning" quality. He may not be the most talented athlete, but he is smart, and his team wins.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree. Whether his "rating" is high or not he is projected in the 4th-5th round and he was the fastest qb at the combine and his record indicates he can win. I believe he directed Boise state to a 13-0 record and just this past year hung in and beat a talented Oklahoma team in the Fiesta Bowl. Oklahoma did have an advantage with a "highly projected" running back by the name of Adrian Peterson...I believe he is worth a chance in the 4th-5th round for a team in need of a future qb withoutthe risk of trading up....
bronxboys

New Hyde Park, NY

#23 Mar 15, 2007
Matt wrote:
This team is making the same mistake as the Dave W era, and the Nick S. era.
They made a couple of big splashes in Free Agency to make the fans happy, in area we really don't need.
We need O-Lineman, we need CB's, We need and FS and a SS.
Our Defense will be fine if the D-line can get to the QB, but if the QB get's the ball off to the WR our DB's are in trouble.
And Jason Allen, this guy got burnt more than a piece of toast in a broken taoster. Unless he really steps it up I see this kid being used in backup situations and Dime packages.
First of all there seems to be few happy Dolphin Fans.
Second,Cam+Co. have already accomplished more this offseason than Wanny+Satin combined ever did,although we have to see what players like J.Allen,F.Evans,D.Hagan+J. Toledo turn out to be before we truly close the book on Satan.
Also had no choice but to rid our Dline of some very old players,but Porter will more than compensate for those loses.
We also currently have 9 draft picks!!!
Ray

Draper, UT

#24 Mar 15, 2007
John Beck would be a great fit in miami. The guy looked great at the combine and has better numbers than Quinn. Most draft boards have him as their #3 qb in the draft. The guy has a rocket arm and knows how to read defenses.
VaJim

AOL

#25 Mar 15, 2007
How many compensatory pickd do the 'fins currentlh have and how many could they potentially have when free agency ends? Now... they could be anywhere from the end of the 3rd round thru the 7th right?
marinofan13

Plymouth, PA

#26 Mar 15, 2007
You know the "war room" in Miami has assessed a lot of possiblities in the upcoming draft with 9 picks. If "Big Daddy" doesn't want to be a Bronco, we have 8 picks. This will kill a lot of the planning done already whether it be possiblities of trading up, trading down, or outright drafting 9 guys with 9 picks. There are still too many holes to fill! And if "Big Daddy" retires, we lose the pick AND any possibility of "Big Daddy" returning to us. It's a DOUBLE loss! If he retires, there WILL be a sacrificial lamb on our current roster for more picks and to clear more cap space.

Lockbourne, OH

#27 Mar 15, 2007
VaJim wrote:
How many compensatory pickd do the 'fins currentlh have and how many could they potentially have when free agency ends? Now... they could be anywhere from the end of the 3rd round thru the 7th right?
Compensatory picks are based on free agent losses from the previous year, not from this off-season. I believe the extra picks will be announced about two weeks before the draft.

Lockbourne, OH

#28 Mar 15, 2007
marinofan13 wrote:
You know the "war room" in Miami has assessed a lot of possiblities in the upcoming draft with 9 picks. If "Big Daddy" doesn't want to be a Bronco, we have 8 picks. This will kill a lot of the planning done already whether it be possiblities of trading up, trading down, or outright drafting 9 guys with 9 picks. There are still too many holes to fill! And if "Big Daddy" retires, we lose the pick AND any possibility of "Big Daddy" returning to us. It's a DOUBLE loss! If he retires, there WILL be a sacrificial lamb on our current roster for more picks and to clear more cap space.
Big Daddy doesn't want to retire. He just wants to avoid the 25 off-season training camps. It looks like this trade will be voided, but I predict Big Daddy will show up in some team's camp about 2 weeks before the regular season starts.
Jon

Nashville, TN

#29 Mar 15, 2007
Tell Wilkinson there are Oreo's waiting for him in Denver, double stuffed. He will come
HYPERDUDE

United States

#30 Mar 16, 2007
WILKINSON'S A BUM! HE DOESN'T WANT TO WORKOUT OR DO TRAINING CAMP ETC. HE'D LIKE SOMEBODY TO CALL HIM AFTER ALL THAT'S OVER WITH,BEFORE HE'LL PUT HIS BIG MAC DOWM GET OFF HIS LOUNGER AND REPORT.
Coward kerry

United States

#31 Mar 16, 2007
Fred Evans is going to own people this year. The kid was probably starter material last year. The d is going to be strong again. I say we trade down and get the tackle out of michigan, and pick up a wr and a guard as the first three picks.
NUT BUSTER

United States

#32 Mar 16, 2007
FORGET ABOUT A QUARTERBACK OK? DROP THE IDEA,ABOUT THIS ONE OR THAT ONE. THEY NEED A LINE FIRST,ARE YOU LISTENING OUT THERE? HOW MUCH CONFIDENCE WOULD A QUARTERBACK HAVE HERE RIGHT NOW GETTING POUNDED EVERY GAME? GETTING A QUARTERBACK THIS YEAR IS A PIPE DREAM AND I DON'T CARE WHICH ONE YOU PICK,HE CAN'T THROW FLAT ON HIS BACK!!!!!!!!!
bronxboys

New Hyde Park, NY

#33 Mar 16, 2007
NUT BUSTER wrote:
FORGET ABOUT A QUARTERBACK OK? DROP THE IDEA,ABOUT THIS ONE OR THAT ONE. THEY NEED A LINE FIRST,ARE YOU LISTENING OUT THERE? HOW MUCH CONFIDENCE WOULD A QUARTERBACK HAVE HERE RIGHT NOW GETTING POUNDED EVERY GAME? GETTING A QUARTERBACK THIS YEAR IS A PIPE DREAM AND I DON'T CARE WHICH ONE YOU PICK,HE CAN'T THROW FLAT ON HIS BACK!!!!!!!!!
So right on Nutsy! I actually feel that Hadnot+V.Carey are keepers,but much work left to do on this Oline...watcha all think?
marinofan13

Montoursville, PA

#34 Mar 16, 2007
NUT BUSTER wrote:
Yes! I've been hollerin' that since after the Pitt game last year! Truth is, we DO need a QB of the future and soon. Currently,(after Cam gutted half our offense) we have tooooo many holes to plug to worry about that QB unless Russell or Quinn falls into our lap at #9 (not gonna happen!). I say start with LEVI BROWN. The resiliant Brett Farve would have been slaughtered behind our line of last year and it's high-time to fix this embarassing fact. You can't play offense when the QB is not protected (forcing fumbles, ints, sacks, and injuries) and your RB can't get past the line.
Mike

South Burlington, VT

#35 Apr 7, 2007
fat load of **** show up and give us a draft pick worthless piece of ****
duff

Meridian, ID

#36 Apr 10, 2007
nebody doesnt think miami has a QB problem is dillusional. who cares if you have an o-line if theres no1 behind them to throw! we have this diseas where we like to go after QBs when their careers are over (the marino curse) aj feely, jay feidler, joey harrinton, dante culpepper and now theyre looking at trent green com on now...the defense is great especially w/ the addition of joey porter, we have good WR's and a godd RB in Ronnie brown..now we just need to bring the offense together w/ a good qb. im thinking drew stanton (2nd round) out of michigan state, good legs and a great arm. hopefully hes still on the board. oh and on the subject of jared Zabransky,i live in boise and ive seen him play on many mnay occasions. his arm isnt great but hes very accurate at mid range, hes a great leader and has learned to play even when the odds are against him. i dont really think his size is to big of an issue. hes a great scrambler and i think he has developed into a nice little 5th 6th round QB.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Thankful' Joseph rejoins Vikings after shooting Aug '14 Jake the Zoo Janitor 4
MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
Vikings Still Have Chance At Henry Melton (Mar '14) Mar '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
Ranking the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Moves (Mar '14) Mar '14 Spielman 2
Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
Minnesota Vikings expect nearly every player to... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Vikings could be patient players again in draft (Apr '13) Apr '13 old time viking fan 4
•••
•••

Fred Evans People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••