Wilkinson trade could be voided

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

If former Dolphins defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson doesn't report to the Denver Broncos by Friday, the March 3 trade will be voided, according to a source.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yada Yada Yada

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Could someone please report on the real issues of the team?

When are we getting a QB?

Amazing how the top 2 free agent receivers dis not want to come here siting they wanted to play with a Real QB.

Can we get a QB or 2 already?

All the other BS is... BS!
whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

and what o line do you want this qb to stand behind?
Tom Loy

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Miami needs O line, not a quarterback! They also do not need to trade up, and give up draft picks for a QB! Trade down! Miami needs a top WR, O line, and a fast cornerback or safety. We could also use a defensive end, a linebacker, and a defensive tackle!
Stephen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

We do need a QB in this draft, but I think it's OK if they wait until the 2nd round to get him. If they trade up for anybody, it should be for Joe Thomas. If not, grab Levi Brown at # 9 if he's still on the board. But I also wouldn't mind seeing them make a play for JaMarcus Russell, if at all possible. The best thing about all of this...they have options, something sorely lacking on draft day for many years. Also, does Wilkinson revert to the Dolphins' roster if this trade fails?
Michael

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Trade down and secure another 2nd rounder. Why is nobody talking about Jared Zabransky? He looks like a playmaker to me and will be available in the 3-5 round.
Steve

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Yada Yada Yada wrote:
Could someone please report on the real issues of the team?
When are we getting a QB?
Amazing how the top 2 free agent receivers dis not want to come here siting they wanted to play with a Real QB.
Can we get a QB or 2 already?
All the other BS is... BS!
Last year everyone thought the Phins were set for years to come with Culpepper. He was injured. Give him a chance. The team needs a lot more items than a QB. Culpepper will be fine and they will find a good veteran to back him up. I'm tired of hearing the QB complaints. Give the new coach and the GM (finally with power) a chance to make some decisions and see how they pan out.

By the way, there are 11 players on offense.
dave auburn ny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

when your team needs so much where to you begin? the outrageous spending on offensive linemen this free agency is crazy. other than dielman who stayed in S.D. not one was worth the money they got. as far as wide receivers the patriots are only a few players away again so the they over spend and justify it. we need to be patient and re build thur the draft. accumulate as many picks and then go to work. there and no first round qb sure things. just ask aklie smith or ryan leaf. if any one even knows where they are?
JJF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

I read that they inquired about trading up and thought it would cost too much, which tells me they really like Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn, but are actually being smart about trading away draft picks for once. I think we're okay for at least this year with Pepper and Lemon...Other QBs will be "hot" in next year's draft and we'll know more about where we stand.....Chris Leak should be around on day 2 and he is comparable to Drew Brees coming out of college...I say use the 9 on Levi Brown or Alan Branch, if possible, otherwise trading down should be seriously considered.
Michael

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Why is nobody considering Jared Zabransky in the 4th or 5th? He could groom for a year behind whoever and we would have a playmaker at qb...
VaJim

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Does miami get compensatory picks in this draft for all the free agents they've lost? Should they try to swing a deal with da'bearss for Briggs like they did with Ogunleye?
Tony Brown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Time for the Dolphins to get some good offensive linemen!They would of had some good free agent WR's if the Dolphins had a good QB! That just shows you how not having a good QB can effect getting other quality players in free agency!
smitty from joisey

Old Bridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

I like the moves so far. We revamped the secondary last year. Wether they are good moves or not doesn't matter. We spent alot of money last year and they are under contract. Can't take more cap hits. Good thing is, most of those contracts are only 3 years so it wont be long.

My prefernce would be seeing if a trade down to 12-16 is possible and accumalte more picks this year and/or next. I don't think D-tackle is an option in rd 1 because they want to give E. Wright/Evans & Vikerson or Manny Wright a shot to replace Traylor.

A DE to replace Taylor or a LB to replace Zach would be nice, or a stud Olineman. We need to pair Crowder with another stud LB if we will be a hybrid D.

I think we are OK at WR for this year. Let Cam get a feel for Chambers. Booker will go soon cause he is aging & I forsee Chambers gone as well. He is overrated.

QB can wait a year. Oline, WR & DE/LB for the 3-4 should be our 1st 3 picks and they HAVE to contribute ASAP
Matt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

This team is making the same mistake as the Dave W era, and the Nick S. era.

They made a couple of big splashes in Free Agency to make the fans happy, in area we really don't need.

We need O-Lineman, we need CB's, We need and FS and a SS.

Our Defense will be fine if the D-line can get to the QB, but if the QB get's the ball off to the WR our DB's are in trouble.

And Jason Allen, this guy got burnt more than a piece of toast in a broken taoster. Unless he really steps it up I see this kid being used in backup situations and Dime packages.
Michael

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

What about Jared Zabransky? Surely somebody out there has an opinion.
Schmid

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Michael wrote:
What about Jared Zabransky? Surely somebody out there has an opinion.
Jared Zabransky is not viewed as a very good pro qb prospect. He is towards the bottom of many boards at qb. He was a good college player, but no one is projecting him to be much of a pro qb.
DLFN-FAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Guys,

We NEED SPEED!!!!!!!! Ted Ginn Jr.
matt berkshire

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

wait a minute i thought Kevin Vickerson was cut either right at the beginning of free agency or before it. Is he still with the team?
Tom Loy

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

matt berkshire wrote:
wait a minute i thought Kevin Vickerson was cut either right at the beginning of free agency or before it. Is he still with the team?
Kevin Vickerson was resigned.

Since: Feb 07

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Michael wrote:
Trade down and secure another 2nd rounder. Why is nobody talking about Jared Zabransky? He looks like a playmaker to me and will be available in the 3-5 round.
I like Zabransky too. He looked really good against Oklahoma. He appears to have that "winning" quality. He may not be the most talented athlete, but he is smart, and his team wins.

Since: Feb 07

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

dave auburn ny wrote:
when your team needs so much where to you begin? the outrageous spending on offensive linemen this free agency is crazy. other than dielman who stayed in S.D. not one was worth the money they got. as far as wide receivers the patriots are only a few players away again so the they over spend and justify it. we need to be patient and re build thur the draft. accumulate as many picks and then go to work. there and no first round qb sure things. just ask aklie smith or ryan leaf. if any one even knows where they are?
I don't know about Smith, but I saw Leaf on ESPN around Super Bowl time, and he is an assistant football coach at some little Podunk college in Texas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fred Evans Discussions

Search the Fred Evans Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
Vikings Still Have Chance At Henry Melton Mar '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
Ranking the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Moves Mar '14 Spielman 2
Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai Mar '14 misterdro80 2
Minnesota Vikings expect nearly every player to... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Vikings could be patient players again in draft (Apr '13) Apr '13 old time viking fan 4
Minnesota Vikings draft preview: Defensive tackles (Apr '13) Apr '13 viking nation 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••