Prospect of suspensions haunts Viking...

Prospect of suspensions haunts Vikings defense

There are 73 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 26, 2008, titled Prospect of suspensions haunts Vikings defense. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. On their only week off during the regular season, the Vikings might have suffered a big hit to their playoff hopes with news that they could be without two of their ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
vikings

Chelan, WA

#1 Oct 27, 2008
Way to make us proud to bleed purple
Tired

Hartford, KS

#3 Oct 27, 2008
Now they have something else to blame losing on.
jr in stp

Lakeville, MN

#4 Oct 27, 2008
Why do the Vikings always get into trouble in and around the bye week? Think Lake Minnetonka.....
Morgan Mundane

United States

#5 Oct 27, 2008
Time to think about a higher draft pick and a new Head Coach.
Ubu Rex

Guangzhou, China

#6 Oct 27, 2008
Hey, wasn't one of the reasons Mr. Childress was hired was that he was one tough sheriff on all this kind of nonsense? After all the off-field buffoonery these players put the fans through, weren't we supposed to be getting a no-nonsense coach? It seems today, however, it's nothing but nonsense from all sides. This crap starts at the top. These guys need to be made aware, and perhaps constantly reminded that the clocks ticks rapidly on a professional athletic career, and keeping your nose clean, physically and behaviorally, even if it takes supreme effort, is necessary for the few short years you may have in that profession. That is the responsibility, and the fault of the coach. Not only do we have the least imaginative and able head coach in the league, we still have to put up with the same BS off the field.

If they are found in violation, the Williams' may have had legitimate reasons for taking a substance. But Dammit, when it's BANNED BY THE LEAGUE, and you have that knowledge, why risk letting your teammates and the millions of fans down by taking the easy way out.

I used to get so mad, and so jealous of Hrbek in the old days. Here was a guy wonderfully gifted, worlds upon worlds of talent, and who knows what heights he could have attained if he'd just taken care of himself? For the millions of fans out there, who could only dream of having those physical gifts, it's almost a kick in the pants to waste them.

Innocent, always, until proven guilty, but legitimate reasons or not, thanks, guys, for letting us all down again.
40for60

United States

#7 Oct 27, 2008
If the allegations are true, the Williams' will be the final nail in this years Viking coffin. This is just plain stupid, not to mention the letdown caused by having two pro bowl players suspended.
Kevin and Pat should be humiliated for letting their personal needs trump the needs of the team. Another fine example of the 'me, me, me' mentality that permeates pro sports.
Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Oct 27, 2008
Darn, there goes the Super Bowl....

So close, but so far away.....

They'll be lucky to finish 7-9....what a waste to a great start! They had it in their grasp....only 1 game out of first.

Geez! I'm disappointed!
jcdeucefour

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 27, 2008
With the 4th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the minnesota vikings select....
NYCbywayofMN

Union, NJ

#10 Oct 27, 2008
jcdeucefour wrote:
With the 4th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the minnesota vikings select....
Do the Vikings actually have a pick in the draft next year? I guess the Allen trade is turning into the Walker trade afterall. The Vikings are going to finish so poorly that Kansas City will get some pretty nice draft picks. Vikings future? Lots of loses for years to come. At least things are looking up across town on the U Campus! Go Gophers: football, hockey, bball
Mick

Lakeville, MN

#11 Oct 27, 2008
If the coaching staff was aware this was going on, then what was the purpose of the ""RULES AND CONDUCT"" book that was written during Ziggy's first year here?
WAS IT JUST TO APPEASE THE FAN BASE--TO MAKE US THINK THINGS WERE GOING TO BE DIFFERENT!!
QUEENS management is a joke!!!!!!
Aaron Rodgers

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Oct 27, 2008
OOOOO-OH...Sweet
INAZ

United States

#13 Oct 27, 2008
I suppose the prospect of Brad Chilidress's having a great alibi should haunt all of us as well.

This team was going to suck down the stretch anyway
Rocky

Omaha, NE

#14 Oct 27, 2008
I sure hope that this is untrue.

If it is, then lets get some rookies some playing time. guion from Florida state is our future tackle, booty our future QB, and our recievers from West Virginia, and have him return kicks, and punts also. Did we all see how sharp Thigpen looked yesteerday? the referrees absolutely sucked,, and gave the game to the Jets. That was definitely pass interference on that last throw. do not give up on the Purple and gold.
Thick Girl

Buffalo, MN

#15 Oct 27, 2008
So What????
dmabs

Dover, DE

#16 Oct 27, 2008
Is it possible to see the Vikings in a 3-4 defense. We have the linebackers and put Fred Evans at NT. If the Williams get suspended, most likely.
Jared Allen

Waukesha, WI

#17 Oct 27, 2008
Well, I said going into the bye week you would all see a different team coming out of the bye week. Can't say I didn't tell you so.
40for60

United States

#19 Oct 27, 2008
Mick wrote:
If the coaching staff was aware this was going on, then what was the purpose of the ""RULES AND CONDUCT"" book that was written during Ziggy's first year here?
WAS IT JUST TO APPEASE THE FAN BASE--TO MAKE US THINK THINGS WERE GOING TO BE DIFFERENT!!
QUEENS management is a joke!!!!!!
Do you really think that the Williams' asked permission, or even told the coaches about these drugs? Maybe they hand them out with the towels at practice right after sharing a liter of Whiskey, a joint of pot, and a pipe filled with crack cocaine.
baguak

Tucson, AZ

#20 Oct 27, 2008
<quote>On their only week off during the regular season, the Vikings might have suffered a big hit to their playoff hopes with news that they could be without two of their best players for a significant stretch. </quote>

Uh.... playoff hopes???? Are we talking about the same Vikings team??? I am a die hard fan of 30 years but lets not kid ourselves here....
baguak

Tucson, AZ

#21 Oct 27, 2008
PS, I guess html tags dont work then???
EasySolution

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Oct 27, 2008
Chilly will probably figure out some way to make this Klue's fault.

Silver lining: If both Williams' are out, we'll probably lose 4 games. Which would hopefully cost Colonel Klink his job. Heeellllooooo Cowher!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Thankful' Joseph rejoins Vikings after shooting (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jake the Zoo Janitor 4
News MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
News Vikings Still Have Chance At Henry Melton (Mar '14) Mar '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
News Ranking the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Moves (Mar '14) Mar '14 Spielman 2
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Minnesota Vikings expect nearly every player to... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings could be patient players again in draft (Apr '13) Apr '13 old time viking fan 4
More from around the web