Dolphins waive Fred Evans

Dolphins waive Fred Evans

There are 78 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 28, 2007, titled Dolphins waive Fred Evans. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Miami Dolphins waived troubled defensive tackle Fred Evans on Thursday. Evans was arrested early Saturday on Miami Beach and charged with battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Painkiller Jeff

Miami, FL

#1 Jun 28, 2007
You saw THAT coming!
cool hand luke

Anchorage, AK

#2 Jun 28, 2007
too bad. i had high hopes for this kid as a player in their rotation. last year in preseason he showed real potential. he'll get picked-up somewhere else and contribute...if he can clean up his act. we now have to hold out hope that Kevin Vickerson steps up and shows some ability.
Ga Dolphin

Augusta, GA

#3 Jun 28, 2007
WOW!! These new guys ain't no joke!!!
Ga Dolphin

Augusta, GA

#4 Jun 28, 2007
Justice will swift!!!
Darrel

Hollywood, FL

#5 Jun 28, 2007
A talented defensive tackle with lots of potential gone because of poor judgement. Good luck landing on another team.
Dave2183

Miami, FL

#6 Jun 28, 2007
That mug shot is enough for a release
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#7 Jun 28, 2007
He sure bares a remarkable resemblance to Buckwheat in that photo.

Since: Jun 07

Fort Lauderdale

#9 Jun 28, 2007
Tomorrows Headline.

Former Dolphin Evans Signs with Raiders.
Goodbye

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Jun 28, 2007
I like it! It hurts but I like it! If your gonna play for this team recognize that they will not put up with the crap; as well they shouldn't.
Brett

Lennox, SD

#11 Jun 28, 2007
Another idiot who had potential and decided to throw it all away. Good luck getting on another team.
fxgg

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 Jun 28, 2007
GOOD RIDDANCE !!!!!!!!!!
Paul K

Trenton, NJ

#13 Jun 28, 2007
This really is too bad. He had a chance to break into the rotation this season. Looks like the Somoan DT just increased his odds of making this team.

All that being said...good for the Fins.
bfd

United States

#14 Jun 28, 2007
if he were an illegal; immagrant he would still be a Dolphin
Joe in Denver

Avon, CO

#15 Jun 28, 2007
See Ya!!! Maybe you and Ricky can find a good park bench and get in touch with yourself
domino

United States

#16 Jun 28, 2007
Painkiller Jeff wrote:
You saw THAT coming!
gimme some of dem pills it huits
Dolfan since 1970s

Miami, FL

#17 Jun 28, 2007
I am so glad that Head Coach Cam Cameron got his head screwed in straight and not afraid to deal with the problem players off the field. This may be a standard to the rest of UNRULY players, who refused to comply to the laws off the field. Bye bye Freddie Evans.
alex

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#18 Jun 28, 2007
I think its a good move. Organization needs to send a message to the other players that this kind of conduct wont be tolerated.
Libermaniac

United States

#19 Jun 28, 2007
Great. This franchise is pathetic.
Tamika Evans

Spartanburg, SC

#20 Jun 28, 2007
How the hell is my husband gonna pay for my babies formula, diapers, and housing now that THE MAN cut him from the team?
Edward L Norton

United States

#21 Jun 28, 2007
Picked up one hoodlum this offseason, lost 3. The two wife beaters on offense are gone and now this guy. I just hope they fill the TE, OL, and DL spots. Wait a minute.. McMichael didn't show up every game, Damion Mac sucked, and Evans ummm I don't remember seeing him play. Before we get into the we have all done stupid stuff drunk how many of you have needed to be tazered by the Police? The Mary Jane I could care less about as long as he was clean at test time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Thankful' Joseph rejoins Vikings after shooting (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jake the Zoo Janitor 4
News MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
News Vikings Still Have Chance At Henry Melton (Mar '14) Mar '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
News Ranking the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Moves (Mar '14) Mar '14 Spielman 2
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Minnesota Vikings expect nearly every player to... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings could be patient players again in draft (Apr '13) Apr '13 old time viking fan 4
More from around the web