John Devine, Just a thought: I have faith in Alex Smith

There are 5 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Sep 12, 2010, titled John Devine, Just a thought: I have faith in Alex Smith. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

I believe in Alex Smith. I still don't believe he was worth the No. 1 overall pick in 2005, but I do believe he will lead the 49ers back to the playoffs for the first time in eight years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Mike

San Francisco, CA

#1 Sep 12, 2010
I have more faith in Peter Pan taking me to Never Never Land than I do in Alex Smith winning football games.

The guy is a loser and will never be a playoff quarterback. If they get there it will be because of the defence.

As my grandmother said, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear"
The Fan

Pioneer, CA

#2 Sep 12, 2010
Mike wrote:
I have more faith in Peter Pan taking me to Never Never Land than I do in Alex Smith winning football games.
The guy is a loser and will never be a playoff quarterback. If they get there it will be because of the defence.
As my grandmother said, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear"
Alex smith is garbage put David Carr in/ Alex will never be able to put the ball where it should go He has never corrected throwing the ball high/on time. Anybody that knows football can see how much he sucks.just look at his body language he dosen't look like a Qb look in his eyes.
The Fan

Pioneer, CA

#3 Sep 12, 2010
Until the niner's get a quality Qb we don't deserve to even talk about getting to the playoffs.A Football game is never given to you.It has to be taken.It's a fight and Alex Smith has no fight in him look in his eyes then look a almost any other Qb in the league.There's nothing that I can see that this will ever change for him.We'll see next week.Also At This stage in his career That he could take a snap under center and deliver the ball QB 101.
Look now the "D" has been on the field for most if not all of the second half. he's garbage
dave

Sparks, NV

#4 Sep 12, 2010
Your faith is misplaced. Is Singletary bright enough to not "rely" on Smith; and only expect him to "manage the game" ? It didn't look like it the first half.

Smith's body language was horrible the first half -- "Woe is me".
lark265

Danville, CA

#5 Sep 12, 2010
Betty White, David Carr, Dora the Explorer, Abraham Lincoln, Nate Robinson, Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Laura Bush........the preceeding is a brief list of people who should be considered before we put Alex Smith back in as the 49er's quarterback.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frank Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reggie Bush Signs With 49ers Mar '15 Hand in the Bush 2
News 49ers' Borland tells team he's retiring Mar '15 York Suxs 1
News Reports: 49ers acquire RB Reggie Bush, OL Erik ... Mar '15 Bush Beans 1
News NFL players like 49ers' Gore swear by muscle ac... Feb '15 Activation Required 1
News San Francisco 49ers: Where did it all go wrong? Jan '15 Levi Stadium sucks 8
News 49ers reportedly trying to trade LaMichael James (Apr '14) Apr '14 Frank Pharts 2
News 49ers, Seahawks 'don't like' each other, Vernon... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Richard Sherman R... 16
More from around the web