USC coach Carroll: Ohio St. hype reas...

USC coach Carroll: Ohio St. hype reason for Oregon St. loss

There are 14 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 23, 2008, titled USC coach Carroll: Ohio St. hype reason for Oregon St. loss. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

USC coach Pete Carroll attributes much of his success to the theory that no game is treated differently than the rest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Rudy Acuna

Fullerton, CA

#1 Nov 23, 2008
Hype all you want but the failure to adjusts defensively to the run cost the game. Again individuals play not a team. Offensively the line was allowed to blitz.
BeavMan

Warwick, RI

#2 Nov 23, 2008
How about...you just got beat. No excuses....
Petey says

Durham, NC

#3 Nov 24, 2008
Plain and simple....PUSC just got BEAT!! Don't make excuses Ms. Carroll, you were out played!! Even your own players admit as much. The better team won. Why can't you just accept it stop trying to justify it! Your team isn't as great as you think it is. SUC ON!!!!
R U Serious

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#4 Nov 24, 2008
It seems incomprehensible doesn't it Pete? All the football talent in the world. Many headed for the NFL. And you still managed to lose a game to OSU. So, your excuse is "to much hype", really. Was it hype that allowed little Jaquizz Rodgers to run over around and thru your defense? Is it hype that the same OSU team will be Pac 10 champs? Since you have a talent glut every year is the hype excuse just cover for poor coaching. Was it hype or are you constructing an excuse for the next time your team lays an egg?
sureshot

Fresno, CA

#5 Nov 24, 2008
Third down. That's what it comes down to with this team. Against toOSU (the other OSU) USC could not convert third downs into first downs and could not stop the Beavers from converting their third downs. You can go back and look at the game tape and you'll see that toOSU converted on so many third and short situations while SC simply did not. Period point blank, that is why SC lost.
i love turkey

Carlsbad, CA

#6 Nov 24, 2008
How about we subscribe this loss to the turkey and eat him. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
SoreLoser

Laguna Beach, CA

#7 Nov 24, 2008
USC is completely over-rated by most of the sports radio jocks and TV sports stations.

Coach Carroll's team embodies his pretentious and arrogant habits that earn the right to be called

University of Spoiled Children....(USC)

You survived many alleged infractions while coach because of the spoiled child hype; move back up to the Bay area while you can...
better than you

Chipley, FL

#8 Nov 24, 2008
I can't believe they wasted ink on this tripe.
Flyrod

East New Market, MD

#9 Nov 24, 2008
USC loss to OSU? Simple over confidence. Toss the hats on the field, game over! True in years past, but not anymore. The Pac NW teams in general, have developed competitive Football facilities and programs and recruit well in USC's back yard. Classroom standards work well too. BTW, a cousin of mine that teaches at Oregon State tells me they go by just OS now. They are trying NOT to be the Other OSU anymore. Go Beavers!!!
RESPIRATO

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Nov 24, 2008
THE TROJANS LOST THEIR EDGE IN THE OREGON STATE GAME, BECAUSE THEY COULD'NT STOP THE ROGERS BROS. THE WAY OREGON STATE PLAYED THAT NIGHT THEY COULD HAV BEATEN ANYBODY IN THE NATION!!!! IF THE TROJANS PLAYED THEM AGAIN IT MAY HAVE THE SAME RESULTS. TO BEAT OSU'S OFFENSE YOU HAVE TO STUFF THEIR RUN AND GO AFTER THE QB.....VERY FEW HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT THIS YEAR
Mike

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Nov 24, 2008
Has anybody ever noticed that Carroll is the only one that really makes excuses all the time?? He hates the BCS because SC cant will all its games and he expects help even though the Pac 10 is one of the weakest conferences to play in..There is no way if season ended today that SC should be over anyone above them with 1 loss...SC is clearly the cream of the crop in the Pac 10 but I wouldnt brag about that if I were SC...
TrojanOne

Corvallis, OR

#12 Nov 24, 2008
USC did not study for the Quiz (Jacquiz Rogers) the leading running back in Pac 10 , only a freshman. He gained 186 yards against USC, and that was his running yards, you can add 20 or 40 plus more , or what ever for passes. Notre Dame has no running like Oregon State. They have no defense comparable to OSU, so USC will beat Notre Dame by 10 or more points.
marc holcomb

Morton, WA

#13 Nov 25, 2008
My beleif is USC actually took the Beavers to lightly and the Beavers after losing badly to PSU
wanted to make a statement!! The combo of USC a little indifferent to OSU and OSU actually a
more fired up than usual brought about the the one USC loss!! That said as it turned out the
Beavers proved to be a work ethic oriented, blue collar team that is likely to give almost
any team a game presently. The rise of the OSU team just proves that hard work does pay
and coupled with excellent coaches, a winner can be developed. I beleive the Beavers will
handily beat the Ducks saturday1
Beavfan83

San Marcos, CA

#14 Nov 25, 2008
Corvallis is Caroll's House of Horrors 2006 and 2008 losses. USC has the ability to be predictable, they lined up against OSU thinking they owned every position.
That game was won in the trenches, the Beaver line on both sides played their hearts out.
Quizz was a hugh factor, the crowd was outstanding.
Go Beavs, bring it against the Ducks and redeem our year against PSU

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fili Moala Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colts Training Camp 2013: Defensive Line Preview (Jul '13) Jul '13 fillup 1
News Do the Colts have too many D-tackles and when w... (Apr '10) Apr '10 beardy117 1
News USC football notebook: Carroll admits misreadin... (Nov '09) Dec '09 Vicki 30
News SHELBURNE: USC-Notre Dame rivalry should be bac... (Oct '09) Oct '09 CLAMPERMIKE 14
News Plenty of winners and losers in NFL draft (Apr '09) Apr '09 Jeebs 45
News Plenty of winners and losers in NFL draft (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mistakes 3
News KEISSER: Casey the latest to take route from L.... (Dec '08) Dec '08 learn the facts 5
More from around the web