Giants stop Lions despite mistakes, o...

Giants stop Lions despite mistakes, odd calls -

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 19, 2007, titled Giants stop Lions despite mistakes, odd calls -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Seven and three. Those are the numbers that will soothe the Giants today, even when they sit down in their meeting rooms at Giants Stadium and watch what a mess they made at Ford Field yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Cleveland OH

Hartville, OH

#1 Nov 19, 2007
Justin Tuck fell prey to the Carson Palmer rule the NFL adopted after a Steelers defensive lineman dove at his legs and ruptured Palmer's ACL. In all likelihood, Tuck was penalized because he left his feet and dove at Kitna's legs. I believe the rule is that the defensive player is not permitted to leave his feet and have contact at or below the knee. Presumably, that was the basis for the penalty. If Tuck hits him in the thighs or butt, it's not a penalty.
schwabcycler

New York, NY

#2 Nov 19, 2007
Thanks for naming Corrente so pointedly.
Bill

New York, NY

#3 Nov 19, 2007
The officiating in the NFL is getting worse and worse. I don't know what they are reviewing with these guys every week but its not working. Something should be done. However, I never get the sense that the league is serious about getting it right. Too bad.
Joe

East Quogue, NY

#5 Nov 20, 2007
Maybe Corrente had money on the Lions. Or maybe the league wanted the Lions to win to make the Thanksgiving game like better. After all, they have Jets-Cowboys on the other game. People may just take their tryptophan naps early.
Bill

East Quogue, NY

#6 Nov 20, 2007
I think the NFL could just legalize holding for linemen and no one would miss the penalty flags. It's a penalty that doesn't cause injuries, and there's holding on almost every play anyway. From a fan standpoint, it's the most frustrating thing, because everytime they negate a play with a holding call, you wonder how many holds they didn't call. You could balance it out by letting both offensive and defensive lineman hold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fernando Bryant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steelers Position Battle No. 2: Keenan Lewis vs... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Bob Roberts 3
News Yet another Lion winds up with Patriots (May '09) May '09 West Coast 1
News Steelers Re-Sign Fernando Bryant (Mar '09) Mar '09 LZ-Steel 3
News Pats keep Cassel, cut Gutierrez (Sep '08) Sep '08 Fan From IL 1
News Some super thoughts after Giants-Patriots matchup (Aug '08) Aug '08 18andDONEwihtoutC... 4
News Patriots add cornerback (Mar '08) Aug '08 18andDONEwihtoutC... 40
News Rookie and veteran CBs both learning Pats' system (Jul '08) Jul '08 sai_gordon 1
More from around the web