Steelers release Wilson after assault...

Steelers release Wilson after assault charge

There are 71 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Mar 21, 2008, titled Steelers release Wilson after assault charge. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Wide receiver Cedrick Wilson was released by the Pittsburgh Steelers yesterday, hours after he was charged with punching his estranged girlfriend, Lindsey Paulat, in the face at a Pittsburgh-area restaurant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Cracker

Middle River, MD

#1 Mar 21, 2008
oh no

“Ravens SUCK!”

Since: Mar 08

Baltimore, MD

#2 Mar 21, 2008
That suuucks. I am a die hard Steelers fan. However, I think the Rooney's made the right decision. I hope Cedrick is able to get some help. It will be sad not to see him on the field. Go Steelers!
Jopa-n

Albrightsville, PA

#3 Mar 21, 2008
Scortch wrote:
That suuucks. I am a die hard Steelers fan. However, I think the Rooney's made the right decision. I hope Cedrick is able to get some help. It will be sad not to see him on the field. Go Steelers!
I think he's already packing his bags for Oakland. He just became an acceptable member of the Silver & Black.
rjk

Hillsborough, NJ

#4 Mar 21, 2008
Jopa-n wrote:
<quoted text>I think he's already packing his bags for Oakland. He just became an acceptable member of the Silver & Black.
Pittsburgh has its own share of thugs. He fits right in with Harrison and Holmes. Classless Rooney's only dropped him because he was expendable. Steelers are a joke

“Ravens SUCK!”

Since: Mar 08

Baltimore, MD

#5 Mar 21, 2008
You must be a Browns or a Ravens fan. The jokes on them.:) However, i do have to agree with you on Holmes, thats one jersey I wont wear.
Smooches
rjk wrote:
<quoted text>
Pittsburgh has its own share of thugs. He fits right in with Harrison and Holmes. Classless Rooney's only dropped him because he was expendable. Steelers are a joke

“GO RAVENS!”

Since: Nov 07

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Mar 21, 2008
Who at the Sun put up the giant NCAA March Madness links at the top of the Ravens section. This is football the football section. Not college hoops.
Waspman

Washington, DC

#7 Mar 21, 2008
Hey, the real story is the Patriots getting a 30-year old CB from ... get this ... the Lions who had a career high ... oh, my sides are hurting ... TWO interceptions. They sure are loading up for another run at 19-0.
wingmd

AOL

#9 Mar 21, 2008
i bet the cowboys or the ravens will try and sign this woman beater at least the Steelers have Class

“Steelers Forever”

Since: Dec 07

Cranberry Township PA

#11 Mar 21, 2008
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
actually Harrison used to be a Raven but they got rid of him and the lowly thug steelers picked him up immediately, in fact, the steelers have about 8 arrests on their current team in the past year I believe, so get a clue big mouth or shut the F up.
8 arrests in the past year? I believe? Practice what you preach there bud. Show me your facts. You can't because that is simply not true.

fyi: Now the victim of this alleged incident says Wilson did'nt punch her in the face, but shoved her on the side of her head.
Go figure!
STEELERS ROCK !!!

“Steelers Forever”

Cranberry Township PA

#14 Mar 21, 2008
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
actually Harrison used to be a Raven but they got rid of him and the lowly thug steelers picked him up immediately, in fact, the steelers have about 8 arrests on their current team in the past year I believe, so get a clue big mouth or shut the F up.
Larry I just saw your other post. FYI: Most of those issues were dismissed. Brooks was released.
Harrison and Davenport are pending. We really don't want to make comparisons do we? Here is an update for you on Wilson's girlfriend.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtri...

STEELERS ROCK !!!

“Steelers Forever”

Cranberry Township PA

#15 Mar 21, 2008
Oh yea! Siegler was released before he got in trouble and just this past week he was found not guilty of all charges. Turns out the woman who made the allegations was mad at him for some absurd reason. Townsend was sitting at a bar when trouble broke out of which he had no part in.
All in all most of the Steeler legal issues were petty and were dismissed.

BTW Harrison was a free agent with the Steelers and released...signed by the Ravens and released...signed back with the Steelers where he is still on the roster.

STEELERS ROCK !!!
rjk

Hazlet, NJ

#16 Mar 22, 2008
Bill in Cranberry wrote:
Oh yea! Siegler was released before he got in trouble and just this past week he was found not guilty of all charges. Turns out the woman who made the allegations was mad at him for some absurd reason. Townsend was sitting at a bar when trouble broke out of which he had no part in.
All in all most of the Steeler legal issues were petty and were dismissed.
BTW Harrison was a free agent with the Steelers and released...signed by the Ravens and released...signed back with the Steelers where he is still on the roster.
STEELERS ROCK !!!
Why do Steelers fans always put their heads up their a#$ when bad news comes out about their team and try to act all holier than thou? My good friend forgot some of Davenport's priors (as well as Holmes)... Face facts the team is classless, they were had the most criminal arrests last year in the AFC North (P.S. the Ravens had 0) accoring to PFT. That will be the only AFC North title they defend.
BTW been to Cranberry Twn many times, its a hole...
Jopa-n

Albrightsville, PA

#17 Mar 22, 2008
rjk wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do Steelers fans always put their heads up their a#$ when bad news comes out about their team and try to act all holier than thou? My good friend forgot some of Davenport's priors (as well as Holmes)... Face facts the team is classless, they were had the most criminal arrests last year in the AFC North (P.S. the Ravens had 0) accoring to PFT. That will be the only AFC North title they defend.
I guess we'll have to concentrate on not being the best at everything in the North. Just have to keep being the best in wins, not nice to hog everything so much of the time.
joe

Butler, PA

#18 Mar 22, 2008
Larry wrote:
Harrison : Arrested on charges of simple assault and criminal mischief after police said he broke down a bedroom door at girlfriend's home after she locked herself in.
Davenport: Charged with domestic violence, child endangerment and unlawful restraint after incident involving mother of his 5-year-old son, who suffered a swollen lip.
Seigler: Arrested on charges he ran a prostitution ring in Las Vegas, three felony counts.
Townsend: Charged with simple assault after incident at club on Pittsburgh's south side
Brooks: Arrested after fleeing from Pittsburgh police on a motorcycle and charged with fleeing and eluding, reckless driving, driving at an
unsafe speed and other traffic violations.
Holmes: Holmes was arrested and charged by Columbus, Ohio, police with two misdemeanor counts of domestic violence and simple assault.
Holmes: Holmes was among hundreds of people arrested for disorderly conduct as part of a police crackdown on revelers who annually converge on Miami Beach during the Memorial Day weekend.
Marvel Smith: Arrested on marijuana possession charges in Tempe, Ariz.
Trai Essex: Arrested, charged with disorderly conduct at nightclub in Miami
is that enough FACTS for you bud?
idiot, funny how you clowns swear that no one can found out the truth about you worthless punk steelers.
You must be bored down there in MD to do all this research and post it on here. While you're at it why don't you list all the other NFL players arrests.

“Here we go Steelers here we go”

Since: Feb 08

Slippery Rock

#20 Mar 22, 2008
Impeach GWB wrote:
Pissburgh fans and their crappy team are all classless rednecks.
What a classy thing to say!

“Here we go Steelers here we go”

Since: Feb 08

Slippery Rock

#21 Mar 22, 2008
rjk wrote:
<quoted text>
This is coming from someone who lives in jersey? Give me a break buddy.

“Steelers Forever”

Cranberry Township PA

#22 Mar 22, 2008
rjk wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for the purple birds. 0 arrests its about time. Now IF we want to make comparisons to the magnitude or severity of charges you win hands down. You can have that victory.

Please don't come back to Cranberry Twp. Our quality of air is just fine.

STEELERS ROCK !!!
Jopa-n

Albrightsville, PA

#23 Mar 22, 2008
Impeach GWB wrote:
Pissburgh fans and their crappy team are all classless rednecks.
Hey thar wipper snapper! Who yall call'n classless! I got me a mind to challenge you to a chew spiit'n contest. Loser has to kiss someone who's not ya'lls sister.
rjk

Hazlet, NJ

#24 Mar 23, 2008
Slick McSteel wrote:
<quoted text>
This is coming from someone who lives in jersey? Give me a break buddy.
yup and a guy who lived in Pittsburgh for years and CHOSE to come to jersey... now think about that.
rjk

Hazlet, NJ

#25 Mar 23, 2008
Bill in Cranberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for the purple birds. 0 arrests its about time. Now IF we want to make comparisons to the magnitude or severity of charges you win hands down. You can have that victory.
Please don't come back to Cranberry Twp. Our quality of air is just fine.
STEELERS ROCK !!!
The Ravens issues are years ago and most of them were blown out of proportion... The only two serious ones were the Lewis's and those have been played out.

Actually I have always said the Ravens could use some advice on how to cheat to win from the Steelers. The 70s teams were roided up (thanks Rooneys for having the moral compass to stop that... oh no they didnt). Then in the last championship they just paid off the refs.

now why dont yinz go dawntahn and get an IRON and read your own crummy paper. you can take your 86 Camaro... oh and get a job those are lacking in Cranberry as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fernando Bryant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steelers Position Battle No. 2: Keenan Lewis vs... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Bob Roberts 3
News Yet another Lion winds up with Patriots (May '09) May '09 West Coast 1
News Steelers Re-Sign Fernando Bryant (Mar '09) Mar '09 LZ-Steel 3
News Pats keep Cassel, cut Gutierrez (Sep '08) Sep '08 Fan From IL 1
News Some super thoughts after Giants-Patriots matchup (Aug '08) Aug '08 18andDONEwihtoutC... 4
News Patriots add cornerback (Mar '08) Aug '08 18andDONEwihtoutC... 40
News Rookie and veteran CBs both learning Pats' system (Jul '08) Jul '08 sai_gordon 1
More from around the web