Penalties blemish USC defensive line'...

Penalties blemish USC defensive line's effort

There are 11 comments on the LA Daily News story from Oct 20, 2009, titled Penalties blemish USC defensive line's effort. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

USC's defensive line played perhaps its best game of the season against Notre Dame but assistant coach Jethro Franklin delivered a profanity- laced lecture to the Trojans on Monday over their penchant for personal-foul penalties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

david

Manor, TX

#1 Oct 20, 2009
that was without a doubt, the dirtiest, most classless team ive ever seen USC put on a field...carroll needs to stop complaining about the refs, who didnt bother to call at least 3 personal fouls for other late hits and unsportsmanlike conduct, but also didnt call 2 PI calls that were pretty obvious...
Where Oh Where

Woodland Hills, CA

#2 Oct 20, 2009
I'm a Trojan fan and I agree. This is embarassing. This type of conduct costs us votes.

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

#3 Oct 20, 2009
Where Oh Where wrote:
I'm a Trojan fan and I agree. This is embarassing. This type of conduct costs us votes.
Kind of reminds me of the Miami teams of the 80's and 90's
lefty

Lakeside, CA

#4 Oct 20, 2009
you guys are all clowns. most of the calls were crap and you know it. both the calls against mays were a joke. the team might play a little wild at times but to say it is a dirty team is just plain stupid. griffen gets a penalty for flexing his muscles at the crowd, jackson for shoving crybaby jimmy, come on grow up people. carroll has every right to complain about the refs in that game it was a joke. and leave it to the idiot bruins fan to play the miami card, get a life and enjoy your wonderful team this year.
Where Oh Where

Woodland Hills, CA

#5 Oct 20, 2009
The refs had nothing to do with the Blake Ayles incident. What's your excuse for him?

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#6 Oct 20, 2009
lefty wrote:
you guys are all clowns. most of the calls were crap and you know it. both the calls against mays were a joke. the team might play a little wild at times but to say it is a dirty team is just plain stupid. griffen gets a penalty for flexing his muscles at the crowd, jackson for shoving crybaby jimmy, come on grow up people. carroll has every right to complain about the refs in that game it was a joke. and leave it to the idiot bruins fan to play the miami card, get a life and enjoy your wonderful team this year.
Whaaaaaaaaaaa the refs don't like us, Whaaaaaaaaaaaa

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#7 Oct 20, 2009
lefty wrote:
Maybe you missed this picture of Blake Ayles, a 1st class U$c player

http://deadspin.com/5384715/uscs-blake-ayles-...
jack

Valencia, CA

#9 Oct 20, 2009
As a Trojan fan I was somewhat distressed at the behavior of some of the SC players during the game......namely Everson Griffin. Is it me, or does he do something just about everygame that is completely stupid? Memo to all SC players, when you make a great play...act like you have been there before....shut up....get your ass back in the huddle...and EXPECT to make another great play. The last thing we need is another Miami of the late 80's early 90's. In other words, GROW UP!
lefty

Lakeside, CA

#10 Oct 20, 2009
i am not excusing the ayles incident that was just plain stupid. but as for the rest of it there were to many b.s. calls like it or not. as for griffen the guy can play but you are right he seems to do something stupid every game. upside he will be gone to the nfl after this season.
Where Oh Where

Woodland Hills, CA

#13 Oct 21, 2009
Coach Carroll: Please clean it up!

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#14 Oct 22, 2009
manhattan_beach_dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you missed this picture of Blake Ayles, a 1st class U$c player
http://deadspin.com/5384715/uscs-blake-ayles-...
That's friggin' hilarious! I completely missed that picture. I like this comment about the picture the best: "Looks like he's ready to check their prostates."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everson Griffen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings DE Danielle Hunter one of the 'Top 25 u... (Jan '17) Feb '17 MeasurablePharts 9
News So how far behind are the Vikings at offensive ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Vikings: Phil Loadholt carted off after serious... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 8
News Vikings' DE Everson Griffen insists 'sky is the... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart Update 2
News Vikings Excited About Develeopment Of DE Scott ... (May '15) Jun '15 Spielman 24
News Rick Spielman's Vision for Vikings' Future Taki... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Purple WienerSnif... 8
News Minnesota Vikings preview: Ranking the NFC Nort... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Spielman 2
More from around the web