Vikings: Police release Everson Griffen on $50,000 bail

Full story: TwinCities.com

Minnesota Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen was released from the 77th Community Police Station in Los Angeles on $50,000 bail early this morning after his Monday arrest on suspicion of felony battery, according to a jail clerk.
Comments
81 - 84 of 84 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2011
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
djwessmix

Worthington, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

Judged:

"grabbed the victim in the crotch and squeezed..." Someone must have yelled, "Fumble!!!" Anything goes in the pigpile.
the real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Judged:

News update on this fine upstanding citizen:

Everson Griffen involved in USC-banned party
By Jeremy Fowler on February 4, 2011 11:49 AM | 1 Comment | No TrackBacks
Everson Griffen is not about to let two stints in a California jail cell stop his party planning for the Super Bowl.

All week, Griffen has been plugging a party in Las Vegas over the weekend --$100 gets you all expenses paid, apparently.

USC, Griffen's former school, doesn't like the smell of the party and its potential ties to its players. According to ESPN Los Angeles, USC administrators has banned all its athletes from attending the party.

Efforts to reach Griffen this week have been unsuccessful, but Griffen defended his intentions with the party in a text message to ESPN Los Angeles' Pedro Moura.

Griffen was arrested on Monday night near the USC campus for allegedly assaulting a police officer, but Griffen will not face felony charges. He also was reportedly arrested Friday night in Hollywood for being drunk in public.

His tentative court date is Feb. 25.
FudgePackerKille r

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

the real just another day wrote:
News update on this fine upstanding citizen:
Everson Griffen involved in USC-banned party
By Jeremy Fowler on February 4, 2011 11:49 AM | 1 Comment | No TrackBacks
Everson Griffen is not about to let two stints in a California jail cell stop his party planning for the Super Bowl.
All week, Griffen has been plugging a party in Las Vegas over the weekend --$100 gets you all expenses paid, apparently.
USC, Griffen's former school, doesn't like the smell of the party and its potential ties to its players. According to ESPN Los Angeles, USC administrators has banned all its athletes from attending the party.
Efforts to reach Griffen this week have been unsuccessful, but Griffen defended his intentions with the party in a text message to ESPN Los Angeles' Pedro Moura.
Griffen was arrested on Monday night near the USC campus for allegedly assaulting a police officer, but Griffen will not face felony charges. He also was reportedly arrested Friday night in Hollywood for being drunk in public.
His tentative court date is Feb. 25.
Wow, that's great. You should be a PI instead of a troll. What a waste of skin.
Pete

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

If you ever had to deal with the LAPD, you will know, that this is most likely a BS incident from an overbearing cop. No wonder the case is being dismissed down to a misdemeanor. Even then, you will see that with a good lawyer, nothing would come of it , because most likely there was nothing to start with.
Believe me I don't condone any misbehavior by sports player, but try to drive in LA and deal with the cowboys of the PD, I wish you good luck, specialy if you are not blond with blue eyes...and even then

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everson Griffen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota Vikings preview: Ranking the NFC Nort... Aug 26 Spielman 2
NFL Preseason 2014: 5 Bold Predictions For Minn... Aug 20 Spielman 4
How Good Or Bad Is The Vikings Roster? Jun '14 erie-vike fan 3
Everson Griffen's Contract Was a Panic Move by ... May '14 viking nation 3
Another Vikings Mock Draft Apr '14 Spielman 4
Running back becomes disposable position in NFL Apr '14 Go Blue Forever 8
Will the Minnesota Vikings' New Defensive Line ... Apr '14 He Hate Me 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000