Lions' Williams is a keeper

Lions' Williams is a keeper

There are 4 comments on the Dallas Morning News story from Dec 29, 2006, titled Lions' Williams is a keeper. In it, Dallas Morning News reports that:

Detroit receiver Roy Williams doesn't want to be next. He saw how the Lions unceremoniously dumped fellow high-first-round draft picks Joey Harrington and Charles Rogers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Morning News.

POWERS

Oakland, TN

#1 Dec 31, 2006
Mike, take your happy non lucky self out of here !
You must prove yourself - it's on you guy !

“The One and Only”

Since: Jan 07

Metro Detroit

#2 Jan 13, 2007
Williams is simply not a draft bust yet. While he struggled to get playing time with the new coaching staff, he appears to have worked his way onto their good side by the end of this season, and had that key grab against the Cowboys for a touchdown in the fourth quarter of week 17. Williams' 6'4" frame makes him a great prospect for a third receiver. There is a huge difference trying to defend against two primary targets (Roy Williams & Mike Furrey) and defending against three. If Mike Williams can start making catches and getting more playing time and other teams play man coverage, one of those three key receivers should have a favorable matchup almost every time. Drafting Williams was far from a mistake, but giving up on him would certainly be a huge one.
lee

AOL

#3 Jan 14, 2007
sure mike williams would come to life at the end of the season. just like charles rogers did at the end of the 2005 campain. giving mike playing time knowing darn well that the season is over and they have nothing to play for. i hope these two talented recievers find their way in the nfl and land with a team thats going to give them a chance. especially chuck, he needs a miracle.
bigdaddy

Kent, WA

#4 Feb 15, 2007
Mike Williams does not keep his weight down and has problems, i say make him a tight end. Yes I would give a 3rd round pick for Randy Moss. Now that would be great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ernie Sims Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cowboys begin planning for life without Sean Lee (May '14) May '14 Darkness Falls 2
News Dallas Cowboys Should Stay Away From Rolando Mc... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Haleys Commet 2
News If The Price Is Right: 5 Affordable Free Agents (Mar '13) Mar '13 Cowboy fan 1 4
News Dallas Cowboys Add Veteran Depth to Defense (Mar '13) Mar '13 cornelius boulard 2
News Status of Tony Romo's contract extension (Mar '13) Mar '13 Brownie 1
News Dallas Cowboys Looking To Make More Meaningless... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Gstspkr 1
News Vick nestles into third-string QB role (Dec '12) Dec '12 genevalove 6
More from around the web