Detroit Lions make a run a NFL history, futility and '76 Tampa ...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

A year ago, we were marveling at the New England Patriots at the cusp of an incomprehensible unbeaten NFL regular season.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2008
UCF TailGator

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

Man, I feel bad for those players. Theyre really not as bad as their record. I love my UCF knights but, do you think the fact that there are three UCF players on that team has any thing to do with their record? Micheal Gaines, Daunte Culpepper, and Kevin Smith. Hmmmmm. Maybe a new coach?

Go Lions and Knights.
Dominico

Round Rock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

Lions make NFL history all the time! They ran off one of the best running backs in NFL History! They continually stick with losing qb's that are obviously not going to make a difference. They stick with coaching staffs that are not winning. They make history almost every year being the laughing stock of the NFL. The list can go on and on. The Lions suck and it's only two men at fault. It starts at the top and I think Ole Man Ford is to braindead to make decissions and the Kid Ford is just as dumb as Ole Man Ford when his two braincells were working! Lucky for the Fords that they were born with the Silver Spoon shoved deeply (not in there mouth) where the sun don't shine!
Alpena Bob

Fenton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

I went to the very last championship game Detroit played in. That was in 1957. I also attended EVERY Thanksgiving Day game for 6 straignt years. Not bad for a kid with a dollar an hour job.

I am heart sick over what has happened. Detroit can be a teriffic sports town - given evan a half-hearted attempt to win a game.

Lions owner - Mr. William Ford (thank God he has no real power in the atuo company of the same name) should hang his head in shame. He's hanging on to the team for no other reason than to make a big profit when he finally sells the team.

I hope I am around long enough to wish the new owner, good luck (he'll need it).
tom chastain

Palm Harbor, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

the steve spurrier story by bill chastain is an exellent and endepth book and has alot about the old ball coachs life and training methods and some wonderful photos. since the outbackbowl is coming up this book would make a great opportunity to learn more about this great coach great gift idea. avalible online.
poor taxpayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Detroit is a sick joke. I mean the city and the team.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ernie Sims Discussions

Search the Ernie Sims Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cowboys begin planning for life without Sean Lee May '14 Darkness Falls 2
Dallas Cowboys Should Stay Away From Rolando Mc... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Haleys Commet 2
If The Price Is Right: 5 Affordable Free Agents (Mar '13) Mar '13 Cowboy fan 1 4
Dallas Cowboys Add Veteran Depth to Defense (Mar '13) Mar '13 cornelius boulard 2
Status of Tony Romo's contract extension (Mar '13) Mar '13 Brownie 1
Dallas Cowboys Looking To Make More Meaningless... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Gstspkr 1
Vick nestles into third-string QB role (Dec '12) Dec '12 genevalove 6
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••