Broncos trade TE Tony Scheffler in 3-way deal

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR 30
Denver Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler was traded to the Detroit Lions Monday in a three-way deal. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

Denver, CO

#21 Apr 20, 2010
He is such a joke . He says the Detriot QB reminds him of Cutler . Yeah , me too . They both throw a football down the field and try to win games . What a clown . Good riddance
Bullfarts

United States

#22 Apr 20, 2010
They are very similar QB's

Neither will see a Super Bowl
Sleeping With The Fishes

Denver, CO

#23 Apr 21, 2010
They just keep digging the hole deeper, the Donkies need to revamp the coach, like ditch him

Since: Apr 10

United States

#24 Apr 21, 2010
I think we could have gotten more for tony. I liked him as a player..but mcdaniels thinks danniel G. is a better choice...I'm sure theres no favorites you know every one wants a used up old not running TE
crazywhiteboy

Lapeer, MI

#25 Apr 21, 2010
Bullfarts wrote:
I wonder why the Lions drafted a TE so high last year
Only to trade for another one
lmao
3-Way cluster fart
Linehan likes to run a 2 TE offense so Scheffler IMO becomes our best receiving TE and fits pretty well with Pettigrew.
Bullfarts

United States

#26 Apr 22, 2010
No
RICK OKAMATSU

Helena, GA

#27 May 9, 2010
Jay Cutler is playing for the team he rooted for growing up, Brandon Marshall went home to Florida, Tony Scheffler gets to go back his stomping grounds. These players received contracts that pay them better than what the Broncos organization was. I am happy for these guys in that they pretty much received what they wanted. My concern is... Who will be the QB in Denver? Orton 2010-2011?, Quinn 2011-2012?, Tebow 2012-2013 and so on? and will he/they be happy here? Josh Mcdaniels seems to be non trustworthy ,Power tripping and sneaky which in my opinion,causes serious problems.In addition to the three players who are now gone along with the departed Hamilton, Hillis,and Leach and with the players who are still with the Broncos such as: Clady,Stokley,Royal,Larsen and others had huge potential to be world class .I would have liked to have seen Chad Mustard retained for a TE and offensive line backup as well. I hope that the former Broncos have great futures with their new teams and I hope that the remaining players are utilized to their potential. Scheffler is a great pass catching and adequate blocking TE who has a nose for extra yards and the endzone. he along with the Lions Talent pool should be definite contenders for the playoffs in the future. I hope that the Lions have good offensive and defensive lines to get the job done. I feel that Denver did a good job in the draft but as a devoted Denver Bronco Fan,I hope that Josh Patriot Mc Daniels knows what the heck he's doing and remembers that we are the Denver Broncos and not the Patriots west.
Bullfarts

United States

#28 May 18, 2010
So all NFL cry babies should get their way and move back home to play
RICK OKAMATSU DENVER

Unadilla, GA

#29 May 23, 2010
I'm not saying that, What I'm saying is that although Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler wanted to remain in Denver, they all received the message that they were no longer wanted or fit the Bronco's scheme. The world of professional sports has become all business and money and even if a talented player has a love for his/her game or not,the reality is that you can be injured, not utilized, under appreciated, and replaced at any time. I am happy for these players in that they were all able to go to states and teams that they have some type of roots and/or history with. If I was in the same position, not only would I be happy to be part of a professional team but also happy to be in a place that I had some sort of history with. As life goes on, my concern is with my favorite team the Denver Broncos. I have what a lot of fans have which is fear of the unknown and speculation which I believe is normal. I just want my team to be as competitive as possible in order to win on a reasonable consistent basis and have a hard time with letting good talent leave and replacing them with backups,rookies,players who have injury prone pasts, ect... and albiet some players have not had good chances to prove themselves with their former teams ,I am hopefull that they will perform better with Denver as Broncos.
Bullfarts

United States

#30 May 24, 2010
Broncos scheme

Pats wannabe's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ernie Sims Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cowboys begin planning for life without Sean Lee May '14 Darkness Falls 2
Dallas Cowboys Should Stay Away From Rolando Mc... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Haleys Commet 2
If The Price Is Right: 5 Affordable Free Agents (Mar '13) Mar '13 Cowboy fan 1 4
Dallas Cowboys Add Veteran Depth to Defense (Mar '13) Mar '13 cornelius boulard 2
Status of Tony Romo's contract extension (Mar '13) Mar '13 Brownie 1
Dallas Cowboys Looking To Make More Meaningless... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Gstspkr 1
Vick nestles into third-string QB role (Dec '12) Dec '12 genevalove 6
•••
•••

Ernie Sims People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••