Millen's Man: Lions draft offensive tackle Cherilus

Well, at least they didn't draft a wide receiver this time. The Detroit Lions used their first round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft to take Boston College offensive tackle, Gosder Cherilus. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Start Stanton!”

Since: May 07

Gaylord, MI

#22 Apr 27, 2008
adk wrote:
The Lions addressed some needs and made "safe choices". Their picks weren't flashy, but could potentially be effective.
I agree.

I'm looking for Dizon to be another Ernie Sims on the strong side....and when he shifts to the middle, Avril will take over.

Good Oline pick, Good LB picks, Decent RB pick, Unknown DE/DT

AWESOME FB Pick...did you see the film on this guy?

and a good S pick at the end....at least ESPN seemed to think so.

I give it a B+, if 3 players start...its an A.
Viking 71

Coleman, MI

#23 Apr 27, 2008
Well obviously Matt Millen obsession with Jeff "Sackus" Backus shines through once again since he had an opportunity to Draft a LEFT TACKLE in the first round. The only reason Backus doesn't hurt is because he doesn't block anyone. Don’t get me wrong I am glad that Millen gave Kitna some protection. Drafting Caleb Campbell is a nice feel good story.

“Start Stanton!”

Since: May 07

Gaylord, MI

#24 Apr 27, 2008
Viking 71 wrote:
Well obviously Matt Millen obsession with Jeff "Sackus" Backus shines through once again since he had an opportunity to Draft a LEFT TACKLE in the first round. The only reason Backus doesn't hurt is because he doesn't block anyone. Don’t get me wrong I am glad that Millen gave Kitna some protection. Drafting Caleb Campbell is a nice feel good story.
actually, they drafted Campbell for an OLB first...if that doesn't work out they'll try him at safety.

As for backus...he does just fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ernie Sims Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cowboys begin planning for life without Sean Lee (May '14) May '14 Darkness Falls 2
Dallas Cowboys Should Stay Away From Rolando Mc... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Haleys Commet 2
If The Price Is Right: 5 Affordable Free Agents (Mar '13) Mar '13 Cowboy fan 1 4
Dallas Cowboys Add Veteran Depth to Defense (Mar '13) Mar '13 cornelius boulard 2
Status of Tony Romo's contract extension (Mar '13) Mar '13 Brownie 1
Dallas Cowboys Looking To Make More Meaningless... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Gstspkr 1
Vick nestles into third-string QB role (Dec '12) Dec '12 genevalove 6

Ernie Sims People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE