Millen's Man: Lions draft offensive t...

Millen's Man: Lions draft offensive tackle Cherilus

There are 23 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Apr 26, 2008, titled Millen's Man: Lions draft offensive tackle Cherilus. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

Well, at least they didn't draft a wide receiver this time. The Detroit Lions used their first round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft to take Boston College offensive tackle, Gosder Cherilus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Miracle

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Apr 26, 2008
The sooner William Clay Ford dies, the better for the Lions. He is the worst owner in the history of professional sports. Millen will get another extension soon watch!

PLEASE FANS!! STOP RENEWING TICKETS!!
TDJensen

Rockford, MI

#2 Apr 26, 2008
That's it! Finally! The Lions have become even more 'offensive' than they were last year!
BULLDOG GLENN

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Apr 26, 2008
Does it really matter? Matt Millens job is secure as long as Ford Sr. has a say. Why wouldn't you draft a higher ranked lineman and trade down 2 picks to take an inferior player. No one can convince me that picking up additional picks in later rounds will rebuild this franchise.
Lovable Lions

Allegan, MI

#4 Apr 26, 2008
That is it. I am done watching Lions football! The dumb and dumber show continues to ride on in Detroit! This organization will continue to suck until Ford and Millen are gone.
bill

Ionia, MI

#5 Apr 26, 2008
its about time the lions draft a offensive lineman kitna cant do much when hes always picking himself up off the ground
Maria

Holland, MI

#6 Apr 26, 2008
WC Ford is seriously the stupidest and worst owner in any of the "big 4" sports.
gimme a jagerbomb

Fayetteville, NY

#7 Apr 26, 2008
They could have gotten this lineman with their 4th round pick. Marinelli wants alot of "character guys" but I tell you what....I'm tired of losing, gimme the best players!!!!! I have been a loyal fan win or lose but to be honest I am fed up, there were 20 other guys i would have taken before this guy. I would love to be at the draft with the Lions personnel because there has to be alot of drinking going on.

Since: Sep 07

Muskegon, MI

#8 Apr 26, 2008
All I can say is FIRE MILLEN!!!!!!!!!!
Cork

Caledonia, MI

#9 Apr 27, 2008
bill wrote:
its about time the lions draft a offensive lineman kitna cant do much when hes always picking himself up off the ground
Kitna isn't the only one who can't do anything. Unfortuantely, Kitna can't do anything even if he had some blocking anyway.

Can't have much of a running game either, if nobody can block.
KW Guy

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Apr 27, 2008
This team is the joke of the NFL. Other teams have a few good years then bad then a few good years again. Detroit is always a sub par team. Never will this team see the Super Bowl. Get an owner who wants to win a championship, not just fill the seats to make money for his loses from car sales.
Maria

Holland, MI

#12 Apr 27, 2008
I wish Illitch would buy this team too.

Ford's can't even run a 100 year old company with a solid history correctly.
Ben

United States

#13 Apr 27, 2008
Are you kidding? This pick is exactly what they needed. They are finally realizing you build from the inside out. Football is won and lost on the line of scrimmage. Gosder Cherilus is an excellent run blocker, which fits the Lions offensive scheme. Plus, hes been nothing but consistant throughout his collegiate career (51 straight starts). This was good pick.
Greg

Syracuse, NY

#14 Apr 27, 2008
This is a "Top Story"?
Mike

Denver, CO

#15 Apr 27, 2008
I could do better blind folded !!!!
Mike

Denver, CO

#16 Apr 27, 2008
What no wide receiver this year ?
Wayno

Warren, MI

#17 Apr 27, 2008
I hate to say it but this was a good pick. Cherilus is solid. I was fortunate enough to see a BC game last fall. This guy owned whoever was in front of him. You can't run or pass without blocking. I hope they also bring in a couple more OT and OG as undrafted free agents when training camp starts too. Yes there are other needs however this, my friends, is where you start to build an offense.
Bryce

Littleton, CO

#18 Apr 27, 2008
i didn't think the lions drafted at all well this year, hey atleast they didn't take a reciever with their #1!
Eric

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Apr 27, 2008
Good picks. I think the Lions will do something with these picks this year. Look for a 10 win season!
adk

Houston, TX

#20 Apr 27, 2008
The Lions addressed some needs and made "safe choices". Their picks weren't flashy, but could potentially be effective.
Deb from Grand Haven

Grand Haven, MI

#21 Apr 27, 2008
Why won't Millen get a decent quarterback? Why won't Ford get rid of Millen?? The same old Lions...what else is new!! There is not a DRAFT in the world that can fix the problem!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ernie Sims Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cowboys begin planning for life without Sean Lee (May '14) May '14 Darkness Falls 2
News Dallas Cowboys Should Stay Away From Rolando Mc... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Haleys Commet 2
News If The Price Is Right: 5 Affordable Free Agents (Mar '13) Mar '13 Cowboy fan 1 4
News Dallas Cowboys Add Veteran Depth to Defense (Mar '13) Mar '13 cornelius boulard 2
News Status of Tony Romo's contract extension (Mar '13) Mar '13 Brownie 1
News Dallas Cowboys Looking To Make More Meaningless... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Gstspkr 1
News Vick nestles into third-string QB role (Dec '12) Dec '12 genevalove 6
More from around the web