Mangini still evaluating Jets, QB options -

Full story: Newsday 20
The Jets are a team without a starting quarterback. And that's the least of their issues. Full Story
matt gill

Cape Coral, FL

#1 Oct 23, 2007
coles is right, they all stink
VOR

Mount Sinai, NY

#2 Oct 23, 2007
Pennington is a stand up guy and a first rate person. He can stand the heat, which is one reason why he shouldn't be tossed to the wolves.
Frank

Jersey City, NJ

#3 Oct 23, 2007
Does this evaluation include coaches and the front office? This is a team wide mess.
Rob

Jersey City, NJ

#4 Oct 23, 2007
The offensive play calling is offensive, the defense just stinks, the coaching leaves a lot to be desired. It's not Pennington's fault that every team in the legaue knows exactly what they are going to do, but at 1-6 we may as well see Kellen.
Jet fan since day One

Bethpage, NY

#5 Oct 23, 2007
Are the poor performances due to bad execution? or bad preparation and play calling? or both? Are the players overworked in practice and don't have enough left in the tank for sunday? or are they not practicing enough? Too much cracking the whip? perhaps not enough? Maybe there are a few players that are playing out of their natural position? That would definitely throw a wrench into everything. The point is, these questions can only be answered by one person...the head coach. that's what he's there for. If he can't figure those things out, then He's not doing His job. GO JETS!!!
Frank

Jersey City, NJ

#6 Oct 23, 2007
It's a shame that Pennington may sit after his best gasme of the season.
But, it sounds like no one's job is secure right now. He's looking at coaching schemes, 2nd half adjustments, or lack of them, etc.
I have to believe Schott and sutton are on the hot seat as well, but I don't see them making coaching changes in mid-season.
guild

Lehighton, PA

#7 Oct 23, 2007
The whole teams needs to own up to the poor play... Someone said play calling was bad i could not agree more.. There is more than a quarterback question here the jets are not on the same page and all the coaching is suspect at this point.
This will not be a easy fix... Finger pointing will not help...
Mangini is young i knew there would be growing pains... it will take time and work to get the jets into contension.
matt potvin

Spring Valley, NY

#8 Oct 23, 2007
CHAD IS NOT THE PROBLEM!
THE DEFENSE STINKS!
HE PUT UP 30 POINTS!
THEY ARE IN EVERY GAME!
THEY CANT STOP THE RUN!
WAKE UP PEOPLE!
PUT CLEMENS IN THE LAST 3 GAMES!
richie b

Medford, NJ

#10 Oct 23, 2007
matt potvin wrote:
CHAD IS NOT THE PROBLEM!
THE DEFENSE STINKS!
HE PUT UP 30 POINTS!
THEY ARE IN EVERY GAME!
THEY CANT STOP THE RUN!
WAKE UP PEOPLE!
PUT CLEMENS IN THE LAST 3 GAMES!
well put ! the defense could`nt stop a car rolling down the driveway ! some games they can`t get into the end zone , you can`t win kicking field goals ! the play calling is hidious , we had better plays playing football in the street growing up ! this team has no motivation and looks like they are lost out there on the field. I blame everyone from woody on down ! and they should play Clemens at this point maybe he can bring some life to this pathetic bunch !
Still sticking with them

Stony Brook, NY

#11 Oct 23, 2007
Pennington has a different throw then other QBs..it kind of floats in the air and has a better chance of being intercepted. I'm not saying he didn't play his a$$ off this past game..but obviously there are some changes that need to be made on that team..whether it be offensively or defensively. There's no doubt that Coles can run...it's just about getting him the ball. I guess we'll have to see what Mangini has in store for Buffalo...
Karen

Huntsville, AL

#12 Oct 23, 2007
If you have a quarterback who is unable to throw downfield, the opponent can have defenders sacking and stopping the run. Every team knows exactly what Chad Pennington will do. He is a very nice guy, he was injured and has never recovered. He has done his duty, but needs to move on. If Jets wanted an old guy, they should have picked up Garcia. Let us give the new guy a chance. He will make mistakes, but at least we are starting healthy and a long ball threat.
b-mtk

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Oct 23, 2007
matt gill wrote:
coles is right, they all stink
the funny part is they all stink.....except for coles.
regular guy

Topeka, KS

#14 Oct 23, 2007
Every game it's the same thing. The offense is unimaginative and predictable, and the defense is just soft. There is no emotion on this team. Maybe it's time to put in some rookies to see if they can fire the team up. The season is lost anyway!!
larryg

Rego Park, NY

#15 Oct 23, 2007
Yes, there are problems across the entire team. But why??? It is always inches, here and there, but there is a way to address this.
Obviously, get the defense off the field. To do that, you have to have a QB, who can stretch the other team defense, and not allow them to constantly have 11 men in the box. First answer, Clemmens steps in and causes long ball fear, in the opposing team's D, therefore, no more 11 men in the box. Second, Jones will have more room to run, although he has obviously been running very well, on his own. Imagine Jones not running into 11 defenders every play. Third, start using our TE, who has proven he can catch the ball, besides block. Baker can play, let's spread the ball to him, and open up another part of the offense. Fourth, a strong arm (clemmens), can zip the ball in faster to our receivers, and allow them to catch and run, rather than the floaters, which take forever to get there, that allow the defenders to line up our receivers for major hits. Fifth, thank the players for their loyalty to Chad, and thank Chad for his leadership, but now is the time for him to lead as a backup and help the new QB.
Let's go JETS!!!
Yahoooooooooo

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Oct 23, 2007
what the hell lets forefeit the season. Why not???? This is oraganized confusion at it's best
Mark Barnathan

Edison, NJ

#17 Oct 23, 2007
oles seem to say it best the WHOLE TEAM STINKS, especially the defense.
If anyone should lose his job it's Bob Sutton.
jeffw

Montague, NJ

#18 Oct 23, 2007
Why talking about Chad like he have had brought the Jets to the Superbowl? The Jets well the Jets plays like well Chad's "flow".
American

AOL

#19 Oct 23, 2007
Eric Mangini is the nicest, sweetest guy in the world. He came to visit my sick child in the hospital. What a class act! Eric, we all thank you and wish you the best this season and always. GO JETS!
RBT3

New York, NY

#21 Oct 23, 2007
Does anyone remember 2002?
Vinny wasn't doing squat, so they put in Chad and they won the division. Now that was a bit different since Vinny was older,and they had a better D, but putting in Clemens may not be a bad idea. If he does start Sunday and does well, hopefully the defense will rise up. If not, I have no answers.
funnyman

Bronx, NY

#22 Oct 23, 2007
ok..blame the offense because they have no running game , a qb that cant throw no more than 25-30 yrds, no te..and is it me..or is santana moss better than coles? defense? no db's..no front pass rush...hell...no d what so ever..but think about it..they had this problem last yr and made the playoffs..so..all in all...blame the players

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erik Coleman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Lion Chris Harris tired, but pumped to play... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Tradefarts 2
Answering emails: Detroit Lions are in no hurry... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Myfarts 2
Harris brings ethic of hard work to youth camp (Jul '09) Jul '09 Lynn Jones 2
The Atlanta Falcons won't let positive press go... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Francesco Sinibaldi 2
Jets safety Smith gains edge with his smarts (Jun '08) Jun '08 gator6171 1
After game, just back up the truck (Dec '07) Jan '08 MyNYJets1- 5
As Jets' season ends, who will be back next year? (Dec '07) Dec '07 Joey Boots 10
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Erik Coleman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••