Chargers Defeat Minnesota Vikings 24-17

Sep 11, 2011 Read more: 10News 47

Rivers threw a 19-yard touchdown pass to fullback Mike Tolbert with 5:01 to play and the San Chargers rallied to beat Adrian Peterson and the Vikings 24-17 on Sunday.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 11, 2011
Real disgusted right now.I expected more.I knew it wasnt going to be an aereal show but if they were this far out of sinc they should have been playing more in the preseason like Seattle did.Jackson actually got a 197 yards passing.This game reminded me of the first game last year.A game you should have won if you had any offense at all.Cant afford to lose the ones you should have won.Its not the defense and its not Peterson.No recievers and no tight ends.Flat...nothing.If you cant pass, Peterson cant run.I was optimistic with a new coach and offensive coordinator and everything but right now Im not very optimistic.We have got to get a passing game going or were sunk.Another thing I always wonder is why we dont put Gerhart and Peterson in on the same play so they dont know whos gonna run.Is it because Gerhart and Peterson cant block?The defense was alright until they got wore out from being on the field the whole second half.Robison looked good.

Since: Mar 07

Denver, CO

#2 Sep 12, 2011
It is plain and simple, the coaching, OL and pass defense lost us the game yesterday. How unimaginative of an offense can you get, run,run 4 yrd pass over and over and over... Come on any highschool D. coordinator could have stopped that. I do not blame Mcnabb at all, he was running for his life half the game, the OL was horrible. Sullivan and Johnson were really bad! The secondary was not good, Chris Cook should just be cut now! The they need to ease up the prevent D when they are getting the seam exploited so badly, the LBs were horrible against the short pass. If they are going to get picked apart that badly on the zone then change it up. The SD running backs killed us with short passes in the seam. I hope they open up the O more and Fred better work on adjusting things better next time. The D was much better than the O but you have to be more fluid. Just my $.02, and no I am not saying we are screwed, I think they can adjust and do well this year!

Travis
Irascible Infidel

Madison, WI

#3 Sep 12, 2011
Maybe you should offer Brett a few million to QB another season. JK!!
"we'll never forget you, Brent"

Denver, CO

#4 Sep 12, 2011
hahahaha
Charge

Napa, CA

#5 Sep 12, 2011
Good win
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#6 Sep 12, 2011
You guys played well enough to win with the exception of the first McInterception which killed your Harvin generated momentum and kept them in the game. You should have blown them out in the first half but you let them off the hook. San Diego is beatable early in the season

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Sep 12, 2011
The good news is the queens are still in the running for the top pick in the draft, where they'll be able to land a punter when they need someone like Linda Lovelace (at least she never choked). Keep in mind this franchinse has been an embarassment on the field for 50 years. Losing is the minnesota way and is not only accepted but embraced. Then you get the fans that say "well, they tried hard and played fair, and that's what's important". Take the money they want for a stadium and build schools, pay teachers, and fight global warming.
Hookfarts

United States

#8 Sep 12, 2011
McDivots...he is the best...at least if Ponder started the old "Well he's a rookie" excuse can be applied...
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#9 Sep 12, 2011
TRPE wrote:
It is plain and simple, the coaching, OL and pass defense lost us the game yesterday. How unimaginative of an offense can you get, run,run 4 yrd pass over and over and over... Come on any highschool D. coordinator could have stopped that. I do not blame Mcnabb at all, he was running for his life half the game, the OL was horrible. Sullivan and Johnson were really bad! The secondary was not good, Chris Cook should just be cut now! The they need to ease up the prevent D when they are getting the seam exploited so badly, the LBs were horrible against the short pass. If they are going to get picked apart that badly on the zone then change it up. The SD running backs killed us with short passes in the seam. I hope they open up the O more and Fred better work on adjusting things better next time. The D was much better than the O but you have to be more fluid. Just my $.02, and no I am not saying we are screwed, I think they can adjust and do well this year!
Travis
I thought the LBs and Cook played decent. SDs WRs did not do much damage, it was the RBs on check-downs. The Vikings sent their LBs in to help on the DL, so they could not get out to cover the RBs. The defense was just gassed by being on the field too long and that is directly attributed to the offense. I think they were just trying to lull SD to sleep with the Peterson and then go to the pass. They were waiting for OT.

Denver, CO

#10 Sep 12, 2011
They did good on the long balls but got killed on the short checkdowns. I still think Cook sucked big time! There was a huge disconnect between the LBs and the DBs in the seam, that is why we got killed by the RB checkdown passes in the soft part of the zone. Hey Hot Karl, if you are too stupid to discuss football other than "Your team sucks", stay off of the football forum. We don't want to hear about your social programs, which by the way is the reason MN is in the hole now, not sporting venues.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 12, 2011
TRPE wrote:
They did good on the long balls but got killed on the short checkdowns. I still think Cook sucked big time! There was a huge disconnect between the LBs and the DBs in the seam, that is why we got killed by the RB checkdown passes in the soft part of the zone. Hey Hot Karl, if you are too stupid to discuss football other than "Your team sucks", stay off of the football forum. We don't want to hear about your social programs, which by the way is the reason MN is in the hole now, not sporting venues.
Ok, enjoy watching your team from LA as they contually draft poor, and use the same tired, worn out game plan like run up the middle, run up the middle, throw it in the dirt (or to a fullback that will gain as many yards if he catches it or drops it) then punt. The secondary has been weak since the mid 80's and the best they can do is bring in Cook who was washed up before he entered the league. The pass rush is average at best and is now really getting exposed with having an offense that can't score more than 10 points. Didn't we hear "Ponder is the most NFL ready quarterback"? We heared the same tripe about John David Booty. You have no answers, never have never will. 50 years of being a laughing stock. The love boat will be the love ship once this state wakes up and realises they don't have to give money to the comedy that is fielded year in year out and they pack up their things and move to beverly. Hills that is, swimming pools, vikings "football".
Checkfarts

United States

#12 Sep 12, 2011
Well, the check downs and the whopping 38 yards passing by McDivots...he needs to step it up...ZERO catches by the TE's...wtf....

Denver, CO

#13 Sep 12, 2011
No QB can do anything when he has 1 second to do something before he gets crushed or has to run for his life. Football starts on the line and if your OL is as bad as ours you cannot blame it on the QB. Our D was on the field alot, SD had almost double T.O.P. I do feel that Ponder was the most NFL ready QB, it is a fact as he came from a pro-style team. I also think he as looked great for a rookie, even if he didn't an off season to prep. Seriously the two biggest issues yesterday were the OL and very bad coaching. ZERO imagination by Musgrave on play calling! That's better Karl, and you have some valid points especially with the secondary being weak for a LONG time! The issues we are seeing unfold now all are on the coaching staff, they knew secondary and OL were suspect and did nothing to fix it. Add poor play calling and it looks bad for Frazier, he better turn things around quickly.

Location hidden

#14 Sep 12, 2011
And Purple costumes are for girls.
Blamefarts

United States

#15 Sep 12, 2011
TRPE wrote:
No QB can do anything when he has 1 second to do something before he gets crushed or has to run for his life. Football starts on the line and if your OL is as bad as ours you cannot blame it on the QB.
So I guess we can all then come to the conclusion that the Vikes (Frasier and Spielmen specifically) have no fuking clue what they are doing and we all can look forward to 10 more years of idiotic moves like not getting a decent WR, not CORRECTLY fixing the O-Line, etc...

But we can also look for more worthless moves like snagging up McDivots to "Stay Competitive" and be "Back in the mix" even thought he O-Line sucks, there are no decent WR's...

Great...thanks...
Forfarts

United States

#16 Sep 12, 2011
Hot Karl wrote:
And Purple costumes are for girls.
That explains why Prince is such a pole smoker then...
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#17 Sep 12, 2011
Checkfarts wrote:
Well, the check downs and the whopping 38 yards passing by McDivots...he needs to step it up...ZERO catches by the TE's...wtf....
McDivots was just trying to get as many rushing yards as passing yards. He reminds me of Richard Pryor wearing the chicken costume in a movie with Gene Wilder
Wearingarts

United States

#18 Sep 12, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>McDivots was just trying to get as many rushing yards as passing yards. He reminds me of Richard Pryor wearing the chicken costume in a movie with Gene Wilder
Stir Crazy...like Frasier spouting off "We are back in the Mix" after signing McDivots and stuffing him behind the Ole O-Line and leaving him with Berrian...
Warmfarts

United States

#19 Sep 12, 2011
Wearingfarts...
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#20 Sep 12, 2011
Stir Crazy.....aka Vikings Fans. At least you re-signed Peterson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eric Weddle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders Can Play Spoiler For Chargers' Playoff ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Flynnished 7
News San Diego Chargers: Keenan Allen says that he w... (May '13) May '13 RaiderFaith 8
News San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
News San Diego Chargers Blow Another Lead, Lose to B... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Go Blue Forever 6
News U of U football: Coleman Petersen credits famil... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Steve 1
News Mailbag: Is Mike Mitchell a bust? (Jun '12) Jun '12 H Commet its me 2
News 2012 NFL Mock Draft: Predictions for Rounds 2 a... (Apr '12) Apr '12 D S B 1
More from around the web