Train conductor declines NFL offer

Train conductor declines NFL offer

There are 6 comments on the WOODTV.com story from Dec 9, 2010, titled Train conductor declines NFL offer. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

Keith Fitzhugh chose operating trains over a shot at a Super Bowl. The free-agent safety turned down an offer to join the New York Jets to remain a conductor with Norfolk Southern Railroad and stay on track financially while helping support his parents in Atlanta.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

weaselovercome

Agawam, MA

#1 Dec 9, 2010
N.Y. Jets. Long shot indeed. What contenders have they played aside from the Pats?
HeadCheese

Decatur, GA

#2 Dec 9, 2010
Wow, excellent character young man. Best of luck!
debbie

Newnan, GA

#3 Dec 9, 2010
what a good son. its all genetics

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#4 Dec 9, 2010
He did it to remain financially stable and support his family? I would think an NFL contract would be much more lucrative than what he chose to do, but if that's what works for him, then good on him!

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#5 Dec 9, 2010
Union Job......Better than any old NFL salary nowadays......

Just something to think about.........while you take a dump.
HeadCheese

Decatur, GA

#6 Dec 9, 2010
DILF wrote:
Union Job......Better than any old NFL salary nowadays......
Just something to think about.........while you take a dump
...I think its just a job is better. He could play for the Jets until their regular players are healed...this guy knows he could be released.

Union or not, it's harder and more costly to fire an employee, which this guy now is, then it is to "fire" a contractor, which he would be with the Jets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eric Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jets' Rex Ryan raves about Calvin Pryor, who sa... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News For Ryan, the Field Is Half-Empty (Mar '13) Mar '13 Johnson Rex Sex C... 2
News Moves by New York Jets' GM John Idzik may spell... (Mar '13) Mar '13 tonytocool 2
News Jets cut Pace, others and clear $24M in cap space (Feb '13) Feb '13 Devonshade 2
News New York Jets: Lessons to be Learned from the P... (Feb '13) Feb '13 School of No Thought 4
News Mike Westhoff on the New York Jets' use of Tim ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets - Waiting For The Insanity To End (Dec '12) Dec '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web