Saints re-sign Eric Johnson; looking for backup quarterback

Mar 10, 2008 Full story: The South Mississippi Sun Herald 7

In a recurring theme for the New Orleans Saints, they've again held onto one of their own. Tight end Eric Johnson has agreed to terms on Monday to come back to the Saints, according to Johnson's agent Steve Baker.

Johnson is the second free agent tight end re-signed this offseason as Billy Miller did the same last week. Johnson started 12 games in 2007 catching 48 passes for 378 yards and two touchdowns.

Mark Campbell, who spent all of last season on injured reserve with a back injury, and Ronnie Ghent are also on the tight end depth chart. Read more

Full Story
qrock

Marrero, LA

#1 Mar 11, 2008
now earn your money, man!!!
Frank

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Mar 11, 2008
Where is the Eric Johnson from like 5 years ago? Or the Billy Miller from 5 years ago? LOL.... They had bright futures at one time! Let's get it together boys. Mark Campbell is a good blocking TE, and they're extremely valueable to keep. Soooooooooo now we just need someone to light a fire under one of the pass catching TE threats. Come on boys!
qrock

Marrero, LA

#3 Mar 12, 2008
Let the saints sign Shockey away from the Giants you'll see some fire in those guys alright....fear of loosing you job is a mother.
King Man

Seattle, WA

#4 Mar 12, 2008
Well saints should start johnson at TE and go get Letfwich for back up QB. are daft one in the 5th rd that would be and bad ideal what do you guys think. Let not worrie about crazy ass Shockey, I would spent time trying to getting on of those good db from the Leo shepper are D Hall THAT WE = SUPPER BOWEL MY FRIENDS. Are get one of five QB that the Tambay have.
saintsfanatic

Dallas, TX

#5 Mar 13, 2008
need to get colt in the 4th or 5th round put some weight on him. you can't put that sugar bowl on him he didn't have any blocking.
qrock

Marrero, LA

#6 Mar 14, 2008
King Man wrote:
Well saints should start johnson at TE and go get Letfwich for back up QB. are daft one in the 5th rd that would be and bad ideal what do you guys think. Let not worrie about crazy ass Shockey, I would spent time trying to getting on of those good db from the Leo shepper are D Hall THAT WE = SUPPER BOWEL MY FRIENDS. Are get one of five QB that the Tambay have.
Letfwich!!?? hell no my friend, we just signed Mark Brunell today a better qb then Letfwich would ever be.
chief

Pineville, LA

#7 Mar 16, 2008
very good move

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eric Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson, former NFL TE... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Jate 8
Report: Jessica Simpson Engaged to Football Beau (Nov '10) Nov '10 Sammy 8
Mac McDonald: Early, and unexpected, musical gi... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Tobin Peregrina 1
Shockey traded to Saints for picks (Jul '08) Jul '08 HeWhoCannotBeNamed 1
Saints Acquire Shockey for Draft Picks (Jul '08) Jul '08 the grim reaper 1
Reggie Bush Out (Jun '08) Jul '08 todd sucks 2
Eagles still dangerous for Saints (Dec '07) Dec '07 ROBERT 2
More from around the web