Vikings' roster figures to undergo a ...

Vikings' roster figures to undergo a major offseason facelift

There are 79 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Vikings' roster figures to undergo a major offseason facelift. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The best way for the Vikings to create distance from their 2010 meltdown is to cultivate a new culture inside the Winter Park walls and assemble a roster ready to embrace coach Leslie Frazier's new outlook.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jake

Rochelle, GA

#64 Jan 9, 2011
Baskett,Lewis.Sheppard need to go. P.Williams only at a good price(part time player), but they do need to draft a young guy. Greenway, Rice (one year deal until he proves not a one season wonder), Longwell need to come back. This team needs to build around AP, Percy, K Williams, and Jared. Those four are still great young players.
whenrealitybites

Hudson, WI

#65 Jan 9, 2011
deer tracks wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought..You obviously never watched Webb play.. No arm? The games I taped, show otherwise..."Who is missing"? YOU are...
I agree he hsa an arm, so much so he consistantly overthrows recievers, and if his first read is covered he looks like a deer lost in headlights. Time to draft a quarterback.
Brett Farce

Brooksville, FL

#66 Jan 9, 2011
I tired of fans telling me I'm full of poo.

I'm not coming back next season no matter how much I'm begged.
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#67 Jan 9, 2011
when reality bites wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree he has an arm, so much so he consistently overthrows receivers, and if his first read is covered he looks like a deer lost in headlights. Time to draft a quarterback.
Just about every QB this year has overthrown receivers..That includes the really good ones, like Vick, Brady..I do believe you have to pay more attention during a game...Sit next to exfarvefan...He knows everything.....
Da Bears 2010

United States

#68 Jan 9, 2011
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
The day Rice announced the hip surgery was the beginning of the end for this team in 2010 IMO. Some would blame it on Favre, but he already was in camp when he finds out Sidney would miss at least 8 weeks. I don't think he would have come back knowing that, and the whole Moss fiasco was the result of Rice being out.
Like I've said before, we got the best of Brett in 2009, the worst in 2010, but without his go to guy and a line resembling a swinging door, the writing was on the wall.
We still have some very talented players on this team, but without a QB, an Oline, or a defensive secondary, it may take some time to get this thing straightened out. By that time Jared, Winfield, Williams, and Hutchinson will be gone.
Frazier will have his hands full, but I'd love to see Singletary come on board. Stranger things have happened concerning this Viking team, we could be right back in the hunt next year, or chasing other has been teams out of the cellar.
Who knows, lol.
Good lord, Ive heard Vikes fans want Tice now Singletary??? Why dont you just call Bud Grant??? Joe Theismann??? How about stealing a Lion coach???
Packer Basher

Winona, MN

#69 Jan 9, 2011
They need to sign Greenway and Rice long term. I would also Bring Leber back.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#70 Jan 10, 2011
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Good lord, Ive heard Vikes fans want Tice now Singletary??? Why dont you just call Bud Grant??? Joe Theismann??? How about stealing a Lion coach???
Singletary just to get under your skin.
Maybe Ditka too.
Sayers is already signed.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#71 Jan 10, 2011
Allen Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyle Orton? Really??
PLEASE
PLEASE
PLEASE
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#72 Jan 10, 2011
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Good lord, Ive heard Vikes fans want Tice now Singletary??? Why dont you just call Bud Grant??? Joe Theismann??? How about stealing a Lion coach???
I wouldn't worry to much about the Vikings, right now...You keep your eyes on the GB Slackers..I would MUCH rather see the New England Patriots kick your butt in the Super Bowl, then those Green Wienies....
Brett Favre

Littleton, CO

#73 Jan 10, 2011
McKinney wouldn't put the hand puppet on and play with my weenie so he tried to retaliate by missing blocks
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#74 Jan 10, 2011
Allen Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyle Orton? Really??
Before missing the final three games, he was on pace to throw for 4,496 yards and 25 touchdowns and 11 picks.

QB stats for their first 13 games:

Orton: 3,653 yards, 20 TDs, 9 Int
Rodgers: 3,289 yards, 23 TDs, 10 Int
Cutler: 2,891 yards, 20 TDs, 13 Int

Yeah, that would be awful.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#75 Jan 10, 2011
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
Before missing the final three games, he was on pace to throw for 4,496 yards and 25 touchdowns and 11 picks.
QB stats for their first 13 games:
Orton: 3,653 yards, 20 TDs, 9 Int
Rodgers: 3,289 yards, 23 TDs, 10 Int
Cutler: 2,891 yards, 20 TDs, 13 Int
Yeah, that would be awful.
Orton's passing came when the team was down by 25 pts so it really doesn't matter unless you are looking for a delusional fantasy to base the off-season-long circle jerk
Say No To Purple

Jersey City, NJ

#76 Jan 10, 2011
silly vikes fans
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#77 Jan 11, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Orton's passing came when the team was down by 25 pts so it really doesn't matter unless you are looking for a delusional fantasy to base the off-season-long circle jerk
Why didn't he have more than 9 picks if he was just slinging it in blowouts?

476 yards against Indy in a game that was 20-13 in the fourth quarter.

307 yards in a 17 point win over Seattle

295 yards in a 7 point loss to Jax

341 yards in win at Tennessee

314 yards in 14 point loss at Baltimore
Da Bears 2010

United States

#78 Jan 11, 2011
deer tracks wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't worry to much about the Vikings, right now...You keep your eyes on the GB Slackers..I would MUCH rather see the New England Patriots kick your butt in the Super Bowl, then those Green Wienies....
Right now all they all concerned with is the Seahawks. Should be a little cooler for Seattle this Sunday
Mr Bailey

Minneapolis, MN

#79 Jan 11, 2011
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Right now all they all concerned with is the Seahawks. Should be a little cooler for Seattle this Sunday
The thoughts of their October win at Soldiers Field should warm them up...plus the fact Cutler's got the mental fortitude of a jellyfish.

Completed 21 of 39 passes for 168 yards with two interceptions and a 43.5 passer rating in his last start.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#80 Jan 11, 2011
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't he have more than 9 picks if he was just slinging it in blowouts?
476 yards against Indy in a game that was 20-13 in the fourth quarter.
307 yards in a 17 point win over Seattle
295 yards in a 7 point loss to Jax
341 yards in win at Tennessee
314 yards in 14 point loss at Baltimore
Please take him, I can just visualize this forum, clad in purple shorts, cruising around lake minnetonka on a boat performing the world's biggest circle jerk. Let the off-season begin
Da Bears 2010

United States

#82 Jan 12, 2011
Mr Bailey wrote:
<quoted text>
The thoughts of their October win at Soldiers Field should warm them up...plus the fact Cutler's got the mental fortitude of a jellyfish.
Completed 21 of 39 passes for 168 yards with two interceptions and a 43.5 passer rating in his last start.
So??? Different team back then. Bears 35-14
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#83 Jan 12, 2011
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>So??? Different team back then. Bears 35-14
Cutler's atrocious performance was two weeks ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eric Frampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dallas Cowboys: Restructured Deals, Gerald Sens... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jason behn 1
News Will The Dallas Cowboys be Trading at the Deadl... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Steven 1
News Regular-Season Expectations of Minnesota Viking... (Sep '12) Sep '12 The Plan 2
News Combine Update: Rick Spielman Discusses Vikings... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings in wait-and-see mode after judge grants... (Apr '11) Apr '11 erie-vike fan 5
News A night about family (Dec '10) Dec '10 Earsell Mackbee 4
News First-game jitters not a problem for Vikings co... (Nov '10) Dec '10 Harry 19
More from around the web