Auburn's Ben Tate Sends Eric Berry's ...

Auburn's Ben Tate Sends Eric Berry's Heisman Campaign Skidding

There are 33 comments on the Bleacher Report story from Oct 7, 2009, titled Auburn's Ben Tate Sends Eric Berry's Heisman Campaign Skidding. In it, Bleacher Report reports that:

Eric Berry for Heisman? Sorry, but no.A Auburn running back Ben Tate derailed that fleeting notion when he lowered his shoulder in the third quarter of the Tigers' 26-22 Saturday win over the Vols and flung the Tennessee safety through the air like a rag doll.A Heisman Trophy candidates do not fly backward through the air for five full yards and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bleacher Report.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

DeathValley56 Ghost

“CELL PHONE # 318-458-1492”

Since: Sep 09

TELEPHONE # - 318-686-7373

#22 Oct 25, 2009
LSU 31 Auburn 10 Geaux Tigers!!! Geaux Russell Shepard!!!!!!!! Geaux LSU's Fightin' Tigers!!!!!:)

Our 2nd and 3rd string practically allowed Auburn's only TD. 1st string is only responsible for 1 yard, that's all.......on that final Auburn drive!!!! Geaux Tigers!!!

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#23 Oct 29, 2009
DeathValley56 Ghost wrote:
LSU 31 Auburn 10 Geaux Tigers!!! Geaux Russell Shepard!!!!!!!! Geaux LSU's Fightin' Tigers!!!!!:)
Our 2nd and 3rd string practically allowed Auburn's only TD. 1st string is only responsible for 1 yard, that's all.......on that final Auburn drive!!!! Geaux Tigers!!!
You probably actually believe that crap. lol

DeathValley56 Ghost

#24 Oct 29, 2009
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>You probably actually believe that crap. lol
I was at the game. I know that crap. Our 2nd and 3rd string came into the game during the only Auburn Touchdown drive. When y'all got to our 1 yard line, coach let the 1st string defense come back out. First play, they jumped offsides.........1/2 the distance to the goal......But, Auburn couldn't run it on our 1st string defense so they had to pass for a 1/2 yard touchdown!!! Can you believe that. They had to try trickery to get just 1/2 yard against our 1st string. Auburn is pathetic. Chiznic is a wus and a loser!!!!!!!! He wanted Auburn to score with.........only 3 seconds on the clock!!! It took Auburn 59 minutes 57 seconds to score their first touchdown of the game; and they did almost ALL of it against our 2nd and 3rd string defense.........FACT!!! I WAS THERE!!!!!!! LOL :)

DeathValley56 Ghost

#25 Oct 29, 2009
Chiznik and Auburn are a bunch of losers and panzies!!!!!!!!!:

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#26 Oct 29, 2009
Aubie had a major off night, but don't make excuses for the touchdown.
<quoted text>
I was at the game. I know that crap. Our 2nd and 3rd string came into the game during the only Auburn Touchdown drive. When y'all got to our 1 yard line, coach let the 1st string defense come back out. First play, they jumped offsides.........1/2 the distance to the goal......But, Auburn couldn't run it on our 1st string defense so they had to pass for a 1/2 yard touchdown!!! Can you believe that. They had to try trickery to get just 1/2 yard against our 1st string. Auburn is pathetic. Chiznic is a wus and a loser!!!!!!!! He wanted Auburn to score with.........only 3 seconds on the clock!!! It took Auburn 59 minutes 57 seconds to score their first touchdown of the game; and they did almost ALL of it against our 2nd and 3rd string defense.........FACT!!! I WAS THERE!!!!!!! LOL :)

DeathValley56 Ghost

#27 Oct 30, 2009
Matt from Columbus wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an excuse. it's an explanation; and, if you're mature, you would recognize the difference, and you would know the difference.

DeathValley56 Ghost

#28 Oct 30, 2009
<quoted text>
It would have been a great story, had it worked.

LSU's defensive starters dramatically charged back onto the field with eight seconds to play Saturday night as Auburn faced a first-and-goal with just eight seconds left to play.
LSU led 31-3, so it wasn't that dramatic, but the crowd went wild.

"When they got close, we all got around coach Chavis and said let's go back in there," LSU defensive tackle Al Woods said. "It was me and Rahim Alem. We were asking to go back in. We didn't want them to score. Most of the guys on defense were standing around close to the field watching everybody else play. You want to watch your backups do well. But when they were about to score, we all wanted to go back out there. I didn't even have my gloves on. They were back on the bench, but we all just ran in there."

The Tigers would not have had enough for 11-for-11 change had Auburn not called a timeout to decide on a play. During the timeout, LSU's first 11 crowded around defensive coordinator John Chavis and got the OK. LSU head coach Les Miles can be seen looking on next to Chavis and smiling admirably in game replays.

"I couldn't stop them them," Miles said. "There wasn't any chance. They wanted to get back on the field. I love the effort and that want and scrappiness late in the game with nothing really to prove other than a yard. They said,'I'll play for a yard.'"

Free safety Chad Jones hollered, "Let's go," as the first unit ran back onto the field.
Just before the play, defensive tackle Charles Alexander swatted the ball for a penalty, but it was just half the distance to the goal - a penalty of 1.5 feet. Then just before the actual play, defensive end Pep Levingston waved his arms and jumped like a mad man, trying to get the crowd into it. Surely, LSU was about to stage another goal-line stand.

But then Auburn backup quarterback Neil Caudle hit tight end Phillip Lutzenkirchen for the 1-yard touchdown and 31-10 final.

"If they would've run the ball, we would have stopped them," Woods said.

DeathValley56 Ghost

#29 Oct 31, 2009
Auburn is a sinking ship!:)

DeathValley56 Ghost

#30 Oct 31, 2009
However, I would like to congratulate Eagle3 and the Auburn Tigers for beating the Ole Miss Rebels today!:)

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#31 Nov 2, 2009
Auburn is a sinking ship!:)
Sinking, huh? BTW It wasn't LSU's 3rd string. I talked to an Alum and friend. Anyway, you'll have your hands full this weekend.

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#32 Nov 2, 2009
<quoted text>
Your right Matt. I'm just glad they got it together for Ole Miss. 6-3 so far. I am still crossing my fingers. I think AU goes bowling, and starts building for next season. We still have football to play, bro!!!
jtw

United States

#33 Nov 28, 2009
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>True Clown and if we had a defense AU would be pretty good.
we do
Eaglefarts

Houston, TX

#34 Mar 10, 2011
Fart

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eric Berry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ICYMI in NFL: At site of cancer treatment, KC's... Dec '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Panthers QB Newton adds MVP trophy (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 3
News Chiefs sign veteran safety Tyvon Branch to 1-ye... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Fatassed Coaching 5
News Chiefs safety Berry may have lymphoma (Nov '14) Nov '14 Arrow Stiffhead 3
News Chiefs on Twitter: We're Taking the Noise Recor... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Injunfarts 2
News Vikings vs. Chiefs preseason: Game time, TV sch... (Aug '14) Aug '14 adriana 1
News Craig Glazer Reveals Chiefs QB Alex Smith Wants... (May '14) May '14 Darkness Falls 13
More from around the web