Road only gets tougher for inconsiste...

Road only gets tougher for inconsistent Denver

There are 29 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 24, 2007, titled Road only gets tougher for inconsistent Denver. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Despite their 2-1 record, the Denver Broncos have yet to get their act together.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mookie

Orlando, FL

#1 Sep 25, 2007
Colts can't afford to overlook Denver! Shanahan is a bit of a wizard, taking slow starting teams and making magic with them. The Colts are just coming off of three hard-fought wins and it would be easy to have somewhat of a let-down...at home, against a team that doesn't appear to be a that good, etc. This is a game where the Colts need to step up and prove themselves! This is a game where they need avoid ending up with a close win and actually put it away! Go Colts!
Frntrnnr

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Sep 25, 2007
Looking at Denvers schedule, it appears as though the Broncs could go on quite a long losing streak after squeezing out two last second wins to open the season. It's not a pretty picture for the "Mile High" boys!
Will

Austin, TX

#3 Sep 25, 2007
colts own the Broncos. I am not even remotely worried about this game.
I am not worried either

Tucson, AZ

#4 Sep 25, 2007
....but this is exactly why we SHOULD be worried.
At least a little bit :D
Dave

Tonawanda, NY

#5 Sep 25, 2007
Maybe Dallas Clark can finally avoid a concussion this week if Lynch is out and not dishing out those cheap shot helmet to helmet hits.
COLTS FAN-A -TIC

AOL

#6 Sep 25, 2007
SHOULD BE A GAME WE CAN COME OUT AND DOMINATE BUT NOT TAKE FOR GRANTED. IF WE CAN BLOW THEM OUT, THE COLTS MAY GET SOME NATIONAL CHATTER ABOUT HOW GREAT THEY ARE INSTEAD OF HOW NEW ENGLAND IS BETTER. IT MAKES ME SICK HOW THE COLTS BUILD A TEAM FROM UNDRAFTED AND DRAFTED GUYS AND KICK BUTT BUT NEW ENGLAND HAS BEEN CAUGHT CHEATING AND GO OUT AND "BUY" BIG NAME GUYS TO WIN AND THEY GET ALL THE PRAISE. WEEK 9 COMES, WE CAN BEAT THEM BUT WE HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO PRESSURE BRADY CAUSE IF WE DONT, THEY WILL BURN OUR SECONDARY WITH MOSS OUT THERE. GO COLTS!!!!
JudQ

New Albany, IN

#7 Sep 25, 2007
i can't understand why the Colts need to "prove themselves" to anybody. Week after week they give their best and do their best to play smart as well as physical. Why should they have to blow other teams out to prove anything to anybody. If you don't like how the Colts play, root for New England. They are blowing teams out. However, nothing says New England will storm thru the playoffs when it really counts. That depends on a lot of factors.

In my opinion, the Colts are doing just fine, even though the last 2 games have been close. If you look at the records in the AFC South, you will find that so far it may be the best division in football. So the fact that the Colts won 2 on the road against division opponents is pretty darn good. Don't worry, they will not have a letdown against Denver. The Colts are usually pretty level headed - they take things as they come. Yes, go Colts!
Crosshare

Boulder, CO

#8 Sep 25, 2007
As a Broncos fan I can say I don't have high hopes for this game, but Denver has definitely not played up to their potential this season. Indy will probably win in a landslide unless we get it together and play like we're capable of.

@Dave
Seriously, when has Lynch ever been known as a cheap shot artist? Yes Lynch wiped Dallas Clark out a few years back, and it was helmet to helmet. When players are moving that fast you can't pick where you want your helmet to land. This rule in the NFL is a crock. If you're going to play tight end in the NFL, don't cry when you get nailed going over the middle. It's in your job description.
Broncobrent

Pine River, MN

#9 Sep 25, 2007
The Colts better not underestimate Denver, They're a great team on paper, They'll get there crap together before then,hopefully. If we get pressure on manning, it'll be a long day for him. And by the way Peyton is a dork, everytime he talks, sounds like he's slerving his words.
TMD

United States

#10 Sep 25, 2007
Crosshare wrote:
As a Broncos fan I can say I don't have high hopes for this game, but Denver has definitely not played up to their potential this season. Indy will probably win in a landslide unless we get it together and play like we're capable of.
@Dave
Seriously, when has Lynch ever been known as a cheap shot artist? Yes Lynch wiped Dallas Clark out a few years back, and it was helmet to helmet. When players are moving that fast you can't pick where you want your helmet to land. This rule in the NFL is a crock. If you're going to play tight end in the NFL, don't cry when you get nailed going over the middle. It's in your job description.
Getting nailed is not the problem.

Players have to learn how to tackle without leading with their head/helmet (commonly known as "spearing"). It's illegal. Just DON'T DO IT!
TMD

United States

#11 Sep 25, 2007
Broncobrent wrote:
The Colts better not underestimate Denver, They're a great team on paper, They'll get there crap together before then,hopefully. If we get pressure on manning, it'll be a long day for him. And by the way Peyton is a dork, everytime he talks, sounds like he's slerving his words.
What, exactly, is "slerving"?
Dean

United States

#12 Sep 25, 2007
Hey Broncobrent, that's a way to show your football IQ by resorting to name calling. Is that all you have?

Since: Sep 07

Pine River, MN

#13 Sep 25, 2007
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
What, exactly, is "slerving"?
a disparaging remark: It's slurring his words thats what I met.

Pine River, MN

#14 Sep 25, 2007
Really, I have nothing against Peyton, it's just that Denver had a rough off season losing 2 players to sudden deaths and they're trying to win for their falling players, like you guys really care or even knew it happened.
We'll see what happens on the playing field.
Broncos

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Sep 25, 2007
The colts can't overlook the broncos secondary they could get a couple of picks and turn the game around
Darren

Chico, CA

#17 Sep 25, 2007
As a Broncos fan since the Craig Morton days, I have to say, I don't have high hopes for this game, either. I also have to say, though, that the Broncos have been traditionally slow starters, especially since Elway retired. And this run defense is giving me fits...I mean, what the hell? I have the highest respect for Peyton, for his whole family, actually. He is awesome. The Broncos have a way of playing well when you least expect it...I remember another game about 6 years ago played in Indy, I think it was a Monday night game, where Peyton had a horrible night and the Broncos basically hammered you guys. I don't think anybody expected much out of our boys that night, either. Hey, Broncos are my team, frustrating as they are at times, never quite playing up their potential, but I still believe they have a chance...and no matter what happens, I believe that Peyton is a class act, him and the whole Colt organization, especially the head coach. I want a good game, I want us to be in it to the end, and may the best team win (the best team that day, anyway!) Peace, all.
X Ray Vision

AOL

#18 Sep 25, 2007
These games are for conditioning when they play the (cream puff scheduled) Cheater Heads. The Bengles are going to kick their rump roast.

Pine River, MN

#19 Sep 25, 2007
Broncos wrote:
The colts can't overlook the broncos secondary they could get a couple of picks and turn the game around
Yup, thats for sure.Things cannot get any worse than they really are, need some adjustments for the rush defense.They have to turn things around otherwise they will not have a chance because of the tough colts team and then they have to play, vs chargers, green bay and Pittsburgh. They're in for a long season.let's just hope for the best, my fellow Bronco fans.
ndqt

South Bend, IN

#20 Sep 25, 2007
As a Broncos fan, I have to say that I'm a little worried about this week's game. The Colts are a well-established team, and the Broncos, even at 2-1, so far haven't really pulled it together.

That being said, I believe the raw talent is there, the Broncos are relatively young, and when they do finally gel they're going to really be a team to be reckoned with. I hope it happens this Sunday, because I'm going to be there!

GO BRONCOS!
Denver

Fort Collins, CO

#21 Sep 25, 2007
Be serious colt fans. Although, denver pulled out last second field goals they dominated the ground game in all but the last game. They WILL do the same to your colts and if they make the most of those opportunities denver will win this game. Really you guys should be scared b/c in recent years denver's D played strong early in the season fading down the strech. Now their struggling, but its only a matter of time before things turn around and denvers d has a stellar game.
These are different ball clubs on each side but Denver now has corners to slow peyton down and yes they will get beat but it won't be jason david style. My hope is the corners will force this into a defensive game and there I feel Denver although struggling has the advantage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Dumervil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steelers face big offseason question with Jason... (Jan '15) Jan '15 The Hemp Curtain 2
News Everything You Need To Know About NFL Playoffs'... (Jan '15) Jan '15 BradyHumps 3
News Jason Butt and Glenn Younes Talk Ravens 53 Man ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Richard 1
News Trading Anquan Boldin Was Best Thing For Baltim... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RavensTurnUp 1
News Tank Carradine runs 4.75 to 4.85 at Saturday's ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Thomas Hagen 1
News Ravens, Steelers interested in Elvis Dumervil, ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Rodney 1
News Dumervil, Jennings top Day 4 of NFL free agency (Mar '13) Mar '13 kmak 1
More from around the web