Ex-NFLer Plaxico Burress To Make Announcement

There are 9 comments on the WFMZ story from Jun 13, 2011, titled Ex-NFLer Plaxico Burress To Make Announcement. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Former NFL wide receiver Plaxico Burress, released a week ago from a New York prison after serving 20 months on a weapons charge, will hold a news conference Monday to make an "important announcement," the National Urban League said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

Overpaid

Emmaus, PA

#1 Jun 13, 2011
Who cares?
mike

Blakeslee, PA

#2 Jun 13, 2011
he is going with the eagels..............
wired

Allentown, PA

#3 Jun 13, 2011
He is trying to become a shooting instructor for the NRA.
WingedFarts

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2011
Former NFL wide receiver Plaxico Burress, released a week ago from a New York prison after serving 20 months on a weapons charge, will hold a news conference Monday to make an "important announcement dropping soap in prison"
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#5 Jun 13, 2011
WingedFarts wrote:
Former NFL wide receiver Plaxico Burress, released a week ago from a New York prison after serving 20 months on a weapons charge, will hold a news conference Monday to make an "important announcement dropping soap in prison"
He learned so much in prison he wants to come back as Brett Favre's personal center
wired

Allentown, PA

#6 Jun 13, 2011
He likes when Brett takes the snap with his thumbs up.
Mocha Motive

Easton, PA

#7 Jun 13, 2011
Realize that the sentence he received was Draconian. He would have never done more than a month or 2 at most ANYWHERE else in the country.
He was jailed for being black, period. His job was running, he shot himself in the leg. Dumbas move. Punishment enough, community service to explain to the kids what an idiot he was.
Good Luck Plaxico. I enjoyed watching you with the Steelers.

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#8 Jun 14, 2011
Mocha Motive wrote:
Realize that the sentence he received was Draconian. He would have never done more than a month or 2 at most ANYWHERE else in the country.
He was jailed for being black, period. His job was running, he shot himself in the leg. Dumbas move. Punishment enough, community service to explain to the kids what an idiot he was.
Good Luck Plaxico. I enjoyed watching you with the Steelers.
Perhaps, but my take is that he was jailed for breaking the law, and it doesn't matter if he's white or black, he broke the law.

He appears to be taking responsibility for his actions, so I'm fine with him joining the NFL again.
Georgia Hawk

Canton, GA

#9 Jun 14, 2011
Perhaps, but my take is that he was jailed for breaking the law, and it doesn't matter if he's white or black, he broke the law.
Everyone breaks the law when it comes to driving over the speed limit so does that mean you should turn yourself in?
Some laws are just plain stupid! And those that try to reason a stupid law are well, you know what I mean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eli Manning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chargers GM: QB Rivers 'our guy' Mar '15 Muddy Rivers 1
News Silverman: Unlike Jets, Giants Won't Panic - Wh... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Giants 2014 Midseason Grade (Oct '14) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Educated on Ebola, Giants Ready To Take Every P... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jason Garrett 5
News Big Blue overruns Texans (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Eli Manning Envisions New York Giants' Offense ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Giant Failures 2
News Why the New York Giants Should Not Extend Eli M... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Giants fan in Texas 2
More from around the web