Ex-Ravens receiver Darling signs with Chiefs

Full story: Baltimore Sun

The Kansas City Chiefs signed free agent wide receiver Devard Darling on Tuesday, shoring up the receiving corps after the release of Eddie Kennison .
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Mar 13, 2008
jeremiah

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

He was a player I wanted to get more snaps, but I understand letting him go. He may start in KC, and have a chance at a decent season. He would have been a long shot to make our roster again if he did resign here.

We do really need a guy like him with some strength and desire to block a Strong Saftey, but I would prefer to draft a guy than over pay him.
Spock

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

He is not much more than a special teams player. He was given the chance to be a full time player here and couldn't stay healthy and when he did didn't really produce (check the stats). Good luck in Kansas City.
Christine

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

Looked like the kid was catching some nice passes when he was thrown to last year. I guess it was just taking him to long to develop.
P-DUB

Rosedale, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

With the loss of Darling the club should take a hard look at Bryant Johnson. The market cooled on the kid so I think you can get him on the cheap. It doesnt hurt that he is big and strong (6'4 220) and pretty quick off the snap. He can be our third or fourth reciever and put him on the outside and move Clayton or Mason in the slot on 3 and 4 wide reciever sets. He is from Baltimore so he knows the area so it wouldnt take him long to get situated to a new team.
jeremiah

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

P-DUB wrote:
With the loss of Darling the club should take a hard look at Bryant Johnson. The market cooled on the kid so I think you can get him on the cheap. It doesnt hurt that he is big and strong (6'4 220) and pretty quick off the snap. He can be our third or fourth reciever and put him on the outside and move Clayton or Mason in the slot on 3 and 4 wide reciever sets. He is from Baltimore so he knows the area so it wouldnt take him long to get situated to a new team.
I have been trying to drum up some support for that move since the start of free agency. He would be a great fit in both the line up and community. The offense definitly needs at least one WR with the size and heart to go over the deep middle.

I doubt he would be all that cheap even though he was not a quick signee, he is pretty highly rated.
HeWhoCannotBeNam ed

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

jeremiah wrote:
He was a player I wanted to get more snaps, but I understand letting him go. He may start in KC, and have a chance at a decent season. He would have been a long shot to make our roster again if he did resign here.
We do really need a guy like him with some strength and desire to block a Strong Saftey, but I would prefer to draft a guy than over pay him.
I guess that was coming.
Not happy with Landry?
HeWhoCannotBeNam ed

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

My.'a', not 'at.' My bad. That takes care of that.
Yeah, it'd be nice to have someone at WR taking out someone. We'll be picking up someone that's for sure.
HeWhoCannotBeNam ed

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Da Troof wrote:
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/a rchives/2008/02/nas_kelis_wore p.html
I like Nas some. Ive spent a few quality hours round Kelis. That title is just what it is. I liked the post on 'Cosby...' Why would you post this ?
HeWhoCannotBeNam ed

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

'sides, heffer has a case of the rickets worse than Nia.
Marcus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

No loss in letting him go since he was a disappointment. I too am in support of the Ravens signing Bryant Johnson, though I don't know if they could afford him.
Wil

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

It's hard to judge a receiver with the poor play of our offensive line.That said, as a receiver you have outstanding quickness not necessarily a fast 40 time or you don't. You get open and you are consistant catching the ball of your not.Poor selection in the 2nd rd. just as it has been for some time now. You want a receiver that will be productive in the NFL, then draft Andre Caldwell.He even has a fast 40 time for what that is worth as a receiver, if you have nothing else.
HeWhoCannotBeNam ed

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Wil wrote:
It's hard to judge a receiver with the poor play of our offensive line.That said, as a receiver you have outstanding quickness not necessarily a fast 40 time or you don't. You get open and you are consistant catching the ball of your not.Poor selection in the 2nd rd. just as it has been for some time now. You want a receiver that will be productive in the NFL, then draft Andre Caldwell.He even has a fast 40 time for what that is worth as a receiver, if you have nothing else.
What was it with those FL receivers ? I dont know, I'm thinkin Travis Taylor, there's a host of receivers from down there who ... well, simply didnt cut it. Lessee ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eddie Kennison Discussions

Search the Eddie Kennison Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
History of Kansas City Chiefs QBs (May '09) May '09 SamE Boy 2
Chiefs' Solari takes some blame for struggles (Nov '07) Dec '07 Mike Solari 8
QB Brodie Croyle's tendency to get hurt raising... (Dec '07) Dec '07 Joe 1
Croyle's biggest mistake was on final pass (Nov '07) Dec '07 KC Fan in LA 6
Edwards ponders QB change (Nov '07) Dec '07 DONALD 9
Plenty of blame for Chiefs offense (Nov '07) Dec '07 DONALD 2
Chiefs buzz: Thigpen No. 2 quarterback (Dec '07) Dec '07 DONALD 2
•••
•••