Edwards ponders QB change

Full story: The Wichita Eagle

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards is looking for a spark to his offense. He's tired of the three-and-outs, he's weary of the Chiefs scoring 13 first-quarter points in eight games, and he's frustrated with averaging ...
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2007
Dan

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

I think I would look into the play calling first. When you run on 99% of your first and second downs, then throw on third to try and make a first down, it doesnt take rocket science to play good defense against the chiefs. No wonder we are at the bottom on offense.
Chris Robbins

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

I think it's time to go with Brodie. He was a star at Alabama and has the potential to be a star in the pro's with a team like the Chiefs who can rally around him. Yes he's young and will make some mistakes but overall he is a smart player with a heck of an arm. Let the guy play!!!
Tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

About time! what have they got to loose! Huard has been horrible!
stan

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

THis is what they invisioned when they hired Herm. Bad offense, ok Defense. If Al had gotten the chance to be the head coach. We know for sure that our offense would still be the top offense and the league. LJ would not be sucky. The defense would be still be ok but a great offense and ok defense sounds better than a bad offense and ok defense.
Teddie Johnson

Kingsville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

When you build a game play around one man you are doomed for failure. Herm does not have enough different plays to help confuse the other teams. He plays to much of the same ball week after week. Coyle needs to be put in. We will do no worse and podssible much better. Huard is clumbsy and insecure and the other teams feed on this. He is to easy to read. I agree with the statement that Herms destroyed our offense and has done little for our defense.As a Chiefs fan I want to see us play football and move on to the playoffs and win the chance to playin the superbowl. So Herm, please make the changes need to move this ball club forward.
chris

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

Brodie Croyle Is well over due!!!!!!! End of story
Jim

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

Wow. Only took Herm eight games to figure it out. Guess that's why he's the coach. What a genius.
charles

Hookerton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2007

kc is cr@p this year.

they need to be making a head coach change, as well.

let's get marty back!
DONALD

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2007

HUGE CHIEFS FAN HERE TOO. WE NEED A NEW HEAD COACH, NEW OFFENSE COACH, AND A NEW DEFENSE COACH. WE NEED TO GO AND GET A QB BECAUSE CROYLE OR HUARD ISNT THE ANSWER THEY BOTH ARE NOT EVERY WEEK QB'S. WE NEED ALOT OF HELP NOW THANKS TO HERM EDWARDS AND CARL PETERSON- SOO THANK THEM. MARTY BALL SOUNDS GOOD RIGHT NOW ANYONE WOULD DO AT THIS TIME AS LONG AS HERM IS OUT ON THE NEXT FLIGHT. WE NEED CHANGES AND THEY NEED TO BE DONE NOW, ADMIT CHIEFS FANS THE SEASON IS OVER AND BOY THAT SUCKS- BUT ITS OVER.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eddie Kennison Discussions

Search the Eddie Kennison Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
History of Kansas City Chiefs QBs (May '09) May '09 SamE Boy 2
Ex-Ravens receiver Darling signs with Chiefs (Mar '08) Mar '08 HeWhoCannotBeNamed 12
Chiefs' Solari takes some blame for struggles (Nov '07) Dec '07 Mike Solari 8
QB Brodie Croyle's tendency to get hurt raising... (Dec '07) Dec '07 Joe 1
Croyle's biggest mistake was on final pass (Nov '07) Dec '07 KC Fan in LA 6
Plenty of blame for Chiefs offense (Nov '07) Dec '07 DONALD 2
Chiefs buzz: Thigpen No. 2 quarterback (Dec '07) Dec '07 DONALD 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••