Chiefs' Solari takes some blame for s...

Chiefs' Solari takes some blame for struggles

There are 8 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Nov 26, 2007, titled Chiefs' Solari takes some blame for struggles. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

When an offense is near the bottom of nearly every significant statistical category, there's plenty of blame to go around.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

kenneth newman

United States

#1 Nov 27, 2007
Please santa seen us a new offensive coordinator for xmas.
Raye

United States

#2 Nov 27, 2007
Come on!! How lame ... "you've got to make the play??" What if the play sucks? The Chief's offense reminds me of youth football.

Quit all the shifting crap, speed up the tempo [like the winning teams are doing], use the mobility that Croyles has against the defense, and quit running short side double tight every time you go brain dead.

Note to Herm ....Defense does not win football games ... the team that scores the most points always wins!!!!!

Note to Carl ... Look in the mirror!!!
Raye

United States

#3 Nov 27, 2007
Note to Kolby ... Great game young man!!

150 yards and two TD's in an offense designed to "Not Lose" is a good day. Do you best .. forget the rest!
Scott

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Nov 27, 2007
Croyles got a big arm let him use it. Bowe is a BIG talented receiver there is no way you don't take shots down field early in the FIRST half, Blaming the O line for the short passing routes is just a cop-out. Solari turn to page 2 in the playbook running up the middle on 90% of your first downs is not doing the job.
brandi paige

Lincoln, NE

#5 Nov 27, 2007
note to the field gole kicker you suck and you should fire your self because your not doing any good if you kepp missing from like 30 yards away i mean come on now

oh and ya get a new qb for next year
Racy

Idaho Falls, ID

#6 Nov 28, 2007
Our playcalling sucks. We are totally predictable, afraid to take any chances down field and play to not lose the game, instead of win it. Isn't Herm's famous quote "You play to win the game". Well he needs to listen to his own advice.
DONALD

Wilmington, DE

#7 Dec 2, 2007
I AM A HUGE CHIEFS FAN, A FAN FOR 23 YRS. AND THE BIGGEST OFFENSE COACHING CHANGE WAS GETTING RID OF AL SAUNDERS. WHAT THE HELL WAS CARL PETERSON THINKING. CARL PETERSON NEEDS TO GO TOO. WHEN THE SEASON STARTED WHEN THEY HIRED MIKE SOLARI WE ALL SAID WHO, AND ALL CHIEFS FANS SHOULD OF KNOWN WE HAVE NO CHANCE THIS YR. THEY NEED TO FIRE HIS AS NOW THEN AFTER THE SEASON AND HIRE A NEW OFFENSE COACH. GO AND SPEND SOME MONEY MR GM CARL PETERSON AND GO GET A KNOWN OFFENSE COACH THAT HAS PROVEN HIM SELF AND BY THE WAY GO GET A HEAD COACH WHY YOU ARE SPENDING MONEY. HEY I WONDER IF VERMEIL WOULD COME BACK AND COACH THE OFFENSE? THEY NEED TO CHANGE COACHES NOW AFTER THE SEASON IS OVER, CHANGE NOW NOT LATER.
Mike Solari

Lincoln, NE

#8 Dec 30, 2007
I think Mike Solari is a big fucking idiot. He does not know how to design plays. He's not even a offensive coornatior. You can't blame Herm Edwards, I think Herm is doing a good job. Its the offense that is having problems and don't forget the return game. I still can't believe they got rid of Dante Hall. It dosen't help the Chiefs offense when you can't get good return yards. Hopefully Carl Peterson is smart enough to get Darren Mcfadden in the draft. As far as Larry Johnson trade him. Get a offensive lineman or a fullback like Tony Richardson. Its all aobut the O-Line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddie Kennison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News History of Kansas City Chiefs QBs (May '09) May '09 SamE Boy 2
News Ex-Ravens receiver Darling signs with Chiefs (Mar '08) Mar '08 HeWhoCannotBeNamed 12
News QB Brodie Croyle's tendency to get hurt raising... (Dec '07) Dec '07 Joe 1
News Croyle's biggest mistake was on final pass (Nov '07) Dec '07 KC Fan in LA 6
News Edwards ponders QB change (Nov '07) Dec '07 DONALD 9
News Plenty of blame for Chiefs offense (Nov '07) Dec '07 DONALD 2
News Chiefs buzz: Thigpen No. 2 quarterback (Dec '07) Dec '07 DONALD 2
More from around the web