Tynes' 53-Yard Field Goal Lifts Chiefs

Tynes' 53-Yard Field Goal Lifts Chiefs

There are 6 comments on the The Associated Press story from Oct 22, 2006, titled Tynes' 53-Yard Field Goal Lifts Chiefs . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

One LT led San Diego's comeback. Another LT thwarted it. Lawrence Tynes hit a career-long 53-yard field goal with 6 seconds left, atoning for a first-quarter miss and giving the Kansas City Chiefs a 30-27 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

david beck

Kansas City, KS

#1 Oct 23, 2006
I believe that all games are won or lost because of the confidence or lack of confidence of the players in the game. Today, against the Chargers we saw a team that played with that type of confidence. They had a very definite mindset that win or lose they could do their jobs well. No matter what. Good job and lesson learned that you can overcome past mistakes.
Ray Robbins in KC

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 23, 2006
The fact that Merrimann has been suspended for 4 games for steroid use makes me curious on several issues:
1. Who else on SD is juiced?
2. How long has he been juiced?
3. Was he on the juice when he possibly ended Holmes' career?
4. If so, I think he needs to have a much stiffer penalty! Possibly even banned!
Vi Rothermel

Louisville, KY

#3 Oct 24, 2006
We were in Kansas City on our yearly visit and watched the game with friends.
We were so happy to see the Chiefs win. We were rooting for them imensely!
We are now back home in Illinois and look forward to the next game.
GO CHIEFS!!!
Avid fans in Shannon, IL
Vi and Del Rothermel
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

#4 Dec 14, 2006
Vi Rothermel wrote:
We were in Kansas City on our yearly visit and watched the game with friends.
We were so happy to see the Chiefs win. We were rooting for them imensely!
We are now back home in Illinois and look forward to the next game.
GO CHIEFS!!!
Avid fans in Shannon, IL
Vi and Del Rothermel
time for a little payback. the chiefs are going down THIS SUNDAY!!! time for a 1st round bye...
Brandon

Wichita, KS

#5 Dec 15, 2006
scsuperchargers wrote:
<quoted text>
time for a little payback. the chiefs are going down THIS SUNDAY!!! time for a 1st round bye...
Do you really think the Chiefs are going to roll over and die so the Over-confident Chargers can win? DOUBT IT. this is a rivalry and its going to be close..... until Lawrence Tynes hits one field goal and WINS the game.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

#6 Dec 15, 2006
Brandon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think the Chiefs are going to roll over and die so the Over-confident Chargers can win? DOUBT IT. this is a rivalry and its going to be close..... until Lawrence Tynes hits one field goal and WINS the game.
i'll take over-confidence ANYDAY over 6 losses...

in spite of our history, this game WILL NOT BE CLOSE! charger by 10 at least.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddie Kennison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News History of Kansas City Chiefs QBs (May '09) May '09 SamE Boy 2
News Ex-Ravens receiver Darling signs with Chiefs (Mar '08) Mar '08 HeWhoCannotBeNamed 12
News Chiefs' Solari takes some blame for struggles (Nov '07) Dec '07 Mike Solari 8
News QB Brodie Croyle's tendency to get hurt raising... (Dec '07) Dec '07 Joe 1
News Croyle's biggest mistake was on final pass (Nov '07) Dec '07 KC Fan in LA 6
News Edwards ponders QB change (Nov '07) Dec '07 DONALD 9
News Plenty of blame for Chiefs offense (Nov '07) Dec '07 DONALD 2