Tough break for Ravens

Tough break for Ravens

There are 103 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 15, 2008, titled Tough break for Ravens. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The postponement forced by Hurricane Ike has turned the Ravens' schedule into perhaps the most demanding in the NFL .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
FireTrembley

United States

#106 Sep 16, 2008
Jopa-n wrote:
<quoted text>Up front the Browns are obviously more stout and can get an inside pass rush. The 60 mph swirling winds and rain had a little to do with the lack of offense by both teams. I would be careful how much overall stock I put in pass defense due to how difficult it is to throw in that kind of #@it.
Winds were at 19mph. Per the game forecast.
Jopa-n

Parkesburg, PA

#107 Sep 16, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
<quoted text>
Winds were at 19mph. Per the game forecast.
Did you watch the game? At kick off, a consistant wind was blowing at 30mph with increases up to as much as 60 before and predicted during the game. They could not even unveil the new Browns tarp on the field before the game because when they tried, it was pulling people across the field that were trying to open it. What game were you watching?
Todd

Cleveland, OH

#108 Sep 16, 2008
Ron wrote:
To all those who think the NFL did the right thing take a look at the pictures of Reliant Stadium. The amount of damage that facility incurred will not only not be repaired by October 5 when the Texans are scheduled to play a game there, and not in November for the Ravens game it will be a lot longer than that! It took almost a year to repair the dome in New Orleans after Katrina and while the damage does not look as bad 90 days would represent a miracle at this time. So the schedule re-arrangement was a farce, the NFL just did not want to face the fact that they would have to move the games elsewhere and besides it was only the "Ravens" who they consider a second rate team in a second rate city.
Signed 35 years in construction!
I have to agree, although I would not say anyone has it in for Baltimore or Houston. I also think if it was Indy vs New England they would have found away to make it work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ed Reed Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possibility at ... (Nov '13) Jul '14 Flatulence Fred 29
News NFL: Houston Texans cut Ed Reed, put Arian Fost... (Nov '13) Apr '14 This is Jeopardy 4
News 2014 NFL Draft: Should New York Jets Draft a CB... (Apr '14) Apr '14 1969 Super Bowl 5
News Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
News Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
News Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
News My thoughts and an overview of every Houston Te... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Buck 1
More from around the web