Round 1 for rookie

There are 12 comments on the Jun 17, 2008, Baltimore Sun story titled Round 1 for rookie. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

As an amateur boxer, safety Tom Zbikowski had more than 70 fights, but none like the one he is about to enter when the Ravens open training camp July 21.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Earl Big Nose Johnson

Alexandria, VA

#21 Jun 17, 2008
Hey I saw this man fight in the ring and he was very good. I saw him play football in college and he was pretty good. I saw him in a store in Owings Mills the other day and he was the exact same person. I don't know what that mean, but; I am trying to figure it out. Keep up the good work Preston.
kevin

United States

#22 Jun 17, 2008
first of all i was very surprised when we took zbikowski in the 3rd and even more so when everyone said what a great pick he was. i watched several nd games and he couldnt cover me. he is ok as a backup punt returner. he better be great on specials. the only way i see zib playing at safety is confusing the other team. we could have him cover a tight end one on one and have cory ivy cover another receiver one on one on the same play. both the te and receiver would be so wide open that it may confuse the qb on which guy to throw to. at any rate there is no way we will cut a 3rd rounder and make ozzie look more foolish than he already is. at least not this year - no chance.
Big Fat Donut Licker

Annapolis, MD

#23 Jun 17, 2008
So, if he loses 5 pounds, he'll be a lot better safety?

I'm Mike Preston, and I really am clueless.

Pass the Krispy Kremes!
Dan

Shippensburg, PA

#24 Jun 17, 2008
Dan Cody wrote:
Why don't they write about me? It's June 17th and I'm still healthy. That's a big story isn't it? I'm usually done for the year by now.
WOW! I can't remember the last time I've actually laughed out loud while reading comments. Well done man, you made my day!
Steve

Shippensburg, PA

#25 Jun 17, 2008
Hey Kevin from NY. Your right what does Ozzie know anyway. After all look at all of the foolish picks he's made over the years right? I mean there's....uhm...somebody help me out here...Oh well, In any case, Kevin I think you should be GM because you obviously got it all over Ozzie.
Koda

Richmond, VA

#26 Jun 17, 2008
Leonhard is a smart, hard-nosed player and did a pretty good job last year when injuries hit Buffalo. Unfortunately, he also got injured and is only about 5'8.
dave

Reno, NV

#27 Jun 17, 2008
"Round 1 for rookie Zbikowski" is a misleading headline considering your previous article about the TWO rookie safeties.
Koda

Richmond, VA

#28 Jun 18, 2008
I still have my money on Zibby making it.

Since: Aug 07

Hampstead, MD

#29 Jun 18, 2008
I work with a couple of ND football fantatics - the type who actually use their vacations to go out to Terre haute and watch them play football - and both say the kid is doomed to be a disappointment in the NFL.

Hopefully, they're wrong, but there you have it.
kevin

United States

#30 Jun 18, 2008
steve youre absolutely correct- i would be a great gm. but it wouldnt take much to surpass ozzie though. kind of like peyton manning trying to be better than rex grossman.
Steve

Warrenville, IL

#31 Jun 18, 2008
Kevin -

And you're not currently a GM because.....
kevin

United States

#32 Jun 18, 2008
.. i wasnt an all-pro tight end in the league for 10 years...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ed Reed Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possibility at ... (Nov '13) Jul '14 Flatulence Fred 29
News NFL: Houston Texans cut Ed Reed, put Arian Fost... (Nov '13) Apr '14 This is Jeopardy 4
News 2014 NFL Draft: Should New York Jets Draft a CB... (Apr '14) Apr '14 1969 Super Bowl 5
News Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
News Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
News Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
News My thoughts and an overview of every Houston Te... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Buck 1
More from around the web