Safety picks his spot

Safety picks his spot

There are 9 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Aug 1, 2008, titled Safety picks his spot. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

It took only a few training camp practices before a little-known sixth-round draft pick leapfrogged his way into the starting lineup of the Ravens' vaunted defense.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Ravens UK

Romford, UK

#1 Aug 1, 2008
Does anyone else remeber what a great player Mark Carrier was? That's high praise indeed ....

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#2 Aug 1, 2008
Haruki Rocks! Sign him to a 10 year contract now and be down with it.

:-))
rewt

Manassas, VA

#3 Aug 1, 2008
Troy Palamawho? Say hello to the next Pro-Bowl safety from the Ravens - Haruki Nakamura!
Jeff Davis

Glen Burnie, MD

#4 Aug 1, 2008
AWWW... what a sweet feel good story. Now can he play CB? Cause we are doomed if any starters go down. This guy can definitly play special teams.
steven

Bethpage, NY

#5 Aug 1, 2008
sounds good but he is never going to get any playing time unless someone goes down, which i dont want to happen
Bill

Plant City, FL

#6 Aug 1, 2008
i like this guy, can he play OT?
Al_UMBC_Alum

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#7 Aug 1, 2008
steven wrote:
sounds good but he is never going to get any playing time unless someone goes down, which i dont want to happen
Firstly, if he's good enough, he may pop into nickel/dime packages (where they intentionally bring on more DB's for better pass coverage). Secondly, his story reminds me a bit of Will Demps. Demps was a walk-on in college and a walk-on in the NFL. If this guy's good enough and proves it in preseason, maybe he becomes a starter? If so, that'd be alright with me.
Sam

Greenbelt, MD

#8 Aug 1, 2008
Al_UMBC_Alum wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly, if he's good enough, he may pop into nickel/dime packages (where they intentionally bring on more DB's for better pass coverage). Secondly, his story reminds me a bit of Will Demps. Demps was a walk-on in college and a walk-on in the NFL. If this guy's good enough and proves it in preseason, maybe he becomes a starter? If so, that'd be alright with me.
Except Will Demps couldn't cover. I hope this guy can cover better then Demps.
Mr Football

Sykesville, MD

#9 Aug 2, 2008
I love this guy. Check out the YOUTUBE videos of his highlights in college. He puts a hurting on receivers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ed Reed Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possibility at ... (Nov '13) Jul '14 Flatulence Fred 29
News NFL: Houston Texans cut Ed Reed, put Arian Fost... (Nov '13) Apr '14 This is Jeopardy 4
News 2014 NFL Draft: Should New York Jets Draft a CB... (Apr '14) Apr '14 1969 Super Bowl 5
News Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
News Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
News Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
News My thoughts and an overview of every Houston Te... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Buck 1
More from around the web