Ravens rip Eagles, return to contention

Full story: Baltimore Sun 81
Ed Reed returns an interception 108 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Maple Shade, NJ

#1 Nov 24, 2008
REMEMBER when FIRE TREMBLEY said that he was "six for six" in his predictions? Of course he was lying then, because he said that The Ravens would "get rolled" by The Steelers, and The Steelers BARELY beat The Ravens in overtime. You think he will come on here now, and claim that he is "11 for 11" in his predictions? Soooooooooooooo, here's another reminder, just in case he (FIRE TREMBLEY)tries to weasel out of it, and say that he never said that......

On September 19th, FIRE TREMBLEY WROTE:
..."We'll see how you feel in January...after we finish the season with 4 wins...." ..........

AS IF that wasn't bad enough. IN ADDITION to The Ravens ALREADY having THREE MORE WINS that you said they would have all season, here is what you zinged back at everyone last week.........

On November 17th, FIRE TREMBLEY WROTE:
..."Check back with me in 3 weeks when this team is 6-7, and all you homers are calling for John Harbaugh's head..."

Maple Shade, NJ

#3 Nov 24, 2008
GHT wrote:
Ravens fan here. Andy Reid gave us a gift yesterday. Even though McNabb "may have been struggling" it was still a close game at the half. Why did he insert a guy to the wolves that didn't practice all week, had all of 8 career pass attempts up to that point, on the road in a hostile environ for a vet that has been to 4 NFC Championships games and is the leader of the team?? He asked Kolb to do something that McNabb couldn't do. Any why did he call all those pass plays on 3rd and one? I think Reid wants out of Philly and is expediting his own departure. The Ravens were handed a win there cause the Philly D was awesome too.
Excellent point. 10-7 at half, there is NO WAY that you should take out a proven veteran like McNabb, EVEN THOUGH he was playing very badly. Taking McNabb out of the game ended any hopes that the eagles had of stealing the game in the second half. For what it's worth, McNabb may not be in the top five QB's in the NFL, but he IS in the top ten... and that is pretty darn good, out of 32 starting NFL QB's. TERRIBLE move by Andy Reid.

Since: Oct 08

Holland, MI

#4 Nov 24, 2008
Who cares about fat slob Andy Reid and the Beagles? This is the Ravens blog. Still have work to do Special Education teams looks horrible as does Mcgahee. Rice needs more touches so he can learn better footwork but the guy has explosion if he can get more reps. They get into third and real long too many times. Start the series by running instead of passing Cameron read the stats.
Next Year Boyz

Baltimore, MD

#5 Nov 24, 2008
I say it again this week they still haven't beated a winning football team. If anyone calls the Eagles a winning team they know nothing about football. The defense is still the backbone of the Ravens and will be for sometime. It was 10-3 at the half so all benching McNabb did was help. 1 win the rest of the year. Also, no playoffs.

Maple Shade, NJ

#6 Nov 24, 2008
Cut_Clayton_Now wrote:
Who cares about fat slob Andy Reid and the Beagles? This is the Ravens blog. Still have work to do Special Education teams looks horrible as does Mcgahee. Rice needs more touches so he can learn better footwork but the guy has explosion if he can get more reps. They get into third and real long too many times. Start the series by running instead of passing Cameron read the stats.
You don't like people talking about all aspects of the game? Tough luck. This is a FOOTBALL BLOG, and we will talk about whatever we damn please.
Lydell Mitchell

Bethpage, NY

#7 Nov 24, 2008
Maybe Andy Reid finally realized what many folks have known for a long time: Donovan McNabb ain't all that great.
Tom

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#8 Nov 24, 2008
Frederick Fan wrote:
REMEMBER when FIRE TREMBLEY said that he was "six for six" in his predictions? Of course he was lying then, because he said that The Ravens would "get rolled" by The Steelers, and The Steelers BARELY beat The Ravens in overtime. You think he will come on here now, and claim that he is "11 for 11" in his predictions? Soooooooooooooo, here's another reminder, just in case he (FIRE TREMBLEY)tries to weasel out of it, and say that he never said that......
On September 19th, FIRE TREMBLEY WROTE:
..."We'll see how you feel in January...after we finish the season with 4 wins...." ..........
AS IF that wasn't bad enough. IN ADDITION to The Ravens ALREADY having THREE MORE WINS that you said they would have all season, here is what you zinged back at everyone last week.........
On November 17th, FIRE TREMBLEY WROTE:
..."Check back with me in 3 weeks when this team is 6-7, and all you homers are calling for John Harbaugh's head..."
You give this clown too much credit by even mentioning him.
Mark

New York, NY

#9 Nov 24, 2008
Next Year Boyz wrote:
I say it again this week they still haven't beated a winning football team. If anyone calls the Eagles a winning team they know nothing about football. The defense is still the backbone of the Ravens and will be for sometime. It was 10-3 at the half so all benching McNabb did was help. 1 win the rest of the year. Also, no playoffs.
C'mon man, you have been saying 1 win for the Ravens for a month now...What will you say when they beat Washington? Remember people were saying the NFC East is best division in football now you are saying that the Eagles are cupcakes. The same eagles who went to the wire with the Giants only two weeks ago. The Ravens should win 9 or 10 games this year and possibly makes the playoffs because whether you like it or not they are a competitive football team. Go ahead and say they got blasted by the Giants and Colts because they did. The Ravens just don't have an answer for the Colts and the Giants...well let's leave that for another day. Snap out of this dream that the Ravens can not play football because if you keep it up they will be in playoffs before you know it. They are not elite by any means but they are COMPETITIVE. Competitive teams pose threats to the elites because of their competitiveness...Don't believe ask New England about the Giants of last year.

Maple Shade, NJ

#10 Nov 24, 2008
Next Year Boyz wrote:
One more win for the rest of the season? That would make EIGHT wins... FOUR MORE wins than you predicted on September 20th. That was when you signed in as "FIRE TREMBLEY." And if The ravens Do happen to win ten games and make the post-season, what then? Change your user name AGAIN, and say "No conference championship for The Ravens."
steveg

Centreville, MD

#11 Nov 24, 2008
Looked to me like there were two terrific defenses at work out there, but due to the effects of the Giants game, the Ravens were just angrier or more energized. Offensively, the Ravens just didn't make the mistakes, and that was the difference. If it wasn't for the kickoff return, the Eagles never would have found the endzone.
Great job D!
Jake the snake

Randallstown, MD

#13 Nov 24, 2008
Don't forget the Ravens had four straight road games before coming home this week, which is really tough. I think we did a great job yesterday and know we can make it into the playoffs.
Leroy

Falls Church, VA

#14 Nov 24, 2008
just imagine what we could have done with a healthy McAlister, Gregg, Landuary in the line up...this team has the most injuries in the NFL and still finds a way to win games...thats what makes us a great team....
injuries

Joliet, IL

#15 Nov 24, 2008
you & your nagging injuries report..."that's what makes us a great team".

get lost.

the steelers have more injuries to key personnel & you don't hear their fans complaining.
Next Year Boyz

Baltimore, MD

#16 Nov 24, 2008
Frederick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
One more win for the rest of the season? That would make EIGHT wins... FOUR MORE wins than you predicted on September 20th. That was when you signed in as "FIRE TREMBLEY." And if The ravens Do happen to win ten games and make the post-season, what then? Change your user name AGAIN, and say "No conference championship for The Ravens."
Let's get the facts stright. I've only been on this board for 3 weeks so please don't mention Sept. Typical Raven fan. Distort the facts. Remember this name when I come back at the end of Dec. when the Ravens are 8-8.

Holland, MI

#17 Nov 24, 2008
Frederick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like people talking about all aspects of the game? Tough luck. This is a FOOTBALL BLOG, and we will talk about whatever we damn please.
Another idiot Mcnabb sympathizer...what a jerk off you are. Bet your a slob like that Andy Reid.
chuck

Towson, MD

#18 Nov 24, 2008
Next Year Boyz wrote:
thats idiotic to say

Holland, MI

#19 Nov 24, 2008
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>A. We are talking about the Eagles because that's who we played yesterday. B. The point is, we got a win that was handed to us. Don't be thinking we are all that and a bag of potato chips just because we beat the Eagles. C. Clayton had a TD!!
Another Mcnabb symapthizer. Clayton a TD yeah 2 on the year Reed 2 on the year go figure. I want to see the guy perform but he hasnt at this level.
Sandman

Baltimore, MD

#20 Nov 24, 2008
I would love to see the Ravens go all the way. But reality says otherwise. Maybe you could make the argument that they are the 10TH best team in the NFL? Who are these guys going to beat in the Playoffs. If they make it, and get past the first round, that would be amazing.
jon dey

Canada

#21 Nov 24, 2008
It never stops. We finally get rid of one idiot ,Fire Trembley and up pops Next Years Boyz, another loser. Whatever you want to call the Eagles THEY WERE 6-4. You see, when you win six games and you lose four games that's called a winning record. Duh!
Struds

Woodbridge, VA

#22 Nov 24, 2008
Sandman wrote:
I would love to see the Ravens go all the way. But reality says otherwise. Maybe you could make the argument that they are the 10TH best team in the NFL? Who are these guys going to beat in the Playoffs. If they make it, and get past the first round, that would be amazing.
If they make it, they will have far exceeded pre-season expectations. The experience of winning and just making it to the playoffs - even if they lose in the first round - should be a great learning experience for a very young offense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ed Reed Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possibility at ... (Nov '13) Jul '14 Flatulence Fred 29
NFL: Houston Texans cut Ed Reed, put Arian Fost... (Nov '13) Apr '14 This is Jeopardy 4
2014 NFL Draft: Should New York Jets Draft a CB... Apr '14 1969 Super Bowl 5
Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
My thoughts and an overview of every Houston Te... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Buck 1
•••
•••

Ed Reed People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••