A foursome to fear

Full story: Baltimore Sun 22
This season, the Ravens' offensive line has dealt with zone blitzes, random defensive schemes and freelancing safeties. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
martin

Rosedale, MD

#1 Nov 15, 2008
man, it's like they don't even want us to play... i hate the media for this bull$hit. stop talking so much and trying to sway opinion. YOUR JOB IS TO REPORT THE NEWS !!! Nobody cares what you think!! We're gonna beat the Giants A$$ tomorrow and you guys, I'm sure will turn around and jump right back on the bandwagon as usual!
Chief Pecker himself

Tampa, FL

#2 Nov 15, 2008
There's been many noteworthy foursomes over the years but none better than Washington when they had the Fore 'Skins.
bhster

Prince Frederick, MD

#3 Nov 15, 2008
So is this front four the Fearsome Foursome? The Purple People Eaters? The Sack Pack? The Steel Curtain?
They sound like they'll be tough, but could it be any tougher than the Steeler D or Titan D that the Ravens already faced and to which they barely lost? Ravens are gaining momentum, and this is another step. I understand why every single Baltimore Sun sportswriter picked the Giants- they have no testicles. Or they're picking with their brains instead of their hearts....geeeee whiz. How about a hunch? Ever hear of that? My hunch is that the Ravens' D will show the Giant D how it's done. Ravens win 27-20.
KWR

AOL

#4 Nov 15, 2008
martin wrote:
man, it's like they don't even want us to play... i hate the media for this bull$hit. stop talking so much and trying to sway opinion. YOUR JOB IS TO REPORT THE NEWS !!! Nobody cares what you think!! We're gonna beat the Giants A$$ tomorrow and you guys, I'm sure will turn around and jump right back on the bandwagon as usual!
Really! I'm so tired of the negativity
these writers have to put in. It's always how the ravens are going have to do this and that, never anything about the opposing team needing to do something. Pure Bull$hit is right!
Reality Check

Washington, DC

#5 Nov 15, 2008
The Giants are playing the league's best football. They are a complete team that is the favorite to win it all- again. This being said the Ravens will get a tatse of a defense that is continuosly morphing. Because of this I think it will be a lopsides loss in which the Giants will easily cover the 7 point spread.

We have a rookie QB. His favorite reciever is walking wounded and will not make to halftime Sunday afternoon. Heap will be punished early and we will have to run the ball 40 times. Rice will earn his money Sunday and will feel this game- literally, for weeks.

If the Ravens can score one offensive TD I will be satisfied. We are at least a season away from matching up well with teams like the Giants. While it sounds like a clichethe team will lean much from this particular contest.

Now that we have a QB for the first time in a decade we need to draft some serious WR talent and aquire a few free agents or two. Mason is done for the year because nobody comes back in 2 months after suffering that much pain/agony. He was crying like a baby because it HURT! It hurt that much because he did tremendous damage. Why the Ravens would even suit him up manana is disturbing. Mark my words he'll be on the field again- in agony- and announcing the end of his season.
J ho

United States

#6 Nov 15, 2008
may the ravens d wreak havoc on the blue boys and the offense pin them down with points.
Next Year Boys

Baltimore, MD

#7 Nov 15, 2008
If the Ravens lose to the Giants on Sun. it won't because they were beaten on the field it will be for numerous other reasons. The Ref's cost us the game, it was too hot, it was too cold, the crowd was to noisy, the NFL hates us, the networks hate us, it's always something. You've heard it all year, we should be 8-1. We were jobbed on the Tenn. and Pitt games. Get over it. Do you think you are the only team that get's a bad call now and then? Raven fans blame someone else for their losses but guess what, you won't be able to blame the a*s wuppin you're about to get on anyone but your sorry a*s team.
Jon

Germantown, MD

#8 Nov 15, 2008
If the offensive line can open holes for the three headed monster of McClain, McGahee and Ray Rice then we will be fine. I am sure Cam will have some surprises ready for Giants tomorrow.
Mike

AOL

#9 Nov 15, 2008
Geee
Maybe the Ravens should just forefit this game and rest up for next week!!
lance

Cockeysville, MD

#10 Nov 15, 2008
If we give joe some protection we will be alright, if not it will be a very long day.
Cornelius Madry

United States

#11 Nov 15, 2008
When the Ravens won the SuperBowl in '01 as a wildcard, they were underdogs in everyone of their matches-not considerating one of the best defenses ever in the NFL.I would like for the Ravens to beat the Giants for a LITTLE respect to the fans in Baltimore and a LOT of excuses from the media and the fans of New York.
Victor

AOL

#12 Nov 15, 2008
NextYearBoys, no one is complaining. And to extrapolate on your statement, I guarantee there will be many fouls either called or not called against the Ravens, some of which may decide the game. Each week the refs throw b/s flags and for no apparent reason. I am not just talking about the Ravens, but I have seen this numerous times already this season when other teams are playing.
GHT

United States

#13 Nov 15, 2008
KWR wrote:
<quoted text>
Really! I'm so tired of the negativity
these writers have to put in. It's always how the ravens are going have to do this and that, never anything about the opposing team needing to do something. Pure Bull$hit is right!
if a writer appeased the fan base and predicted the Ravens would win every game they played, they would have no credibility nor would they position themselves for a promotion to bigger and better jobs. On paper the Giants should win. Stop being so sensitive, they're only doing they're job and saying what everyone else including Las Vegas is saying.
martin

Rosedale, MD

#14 Nov 15, 2008
you mean the same odds makers that had the Patriots as a double digit favorite over NY in last year's Super Bowl?? That's a terrible argument. On paper...hahaha On paper, my n.uts are bigger than yours, then I show up and stuff 'em down your throat and you believe it. That's what the Ravens are going to do to the Giants. Bottoms up!
But don't take it too personal...or else you might be a little "sensitive"....
GHT

United States

#15 Nov 15, 2008
martin wrote:
you mean the same odds makers that had the Patriots as a double digit favorite over NY in last year's Super Bowl?? That's a terrible argument. On paper...hahaha On paper, my n.uts are bigger than yours, then I show up and stuff 'em down your throat and you believe it. That's what the Ravens are going to do to the Giants. Bottoms up!
that hard on your sportin isn't considered personal growth dimwit.
duh

AOL

#16 Nov 15, 2008
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>that hard on your sportin isn't considered personal growth dimwit.

wth did u say?
Henry

Portsmouth, RI

#17 Nov 15, 2008
Reality Check wrote:
The Giants are playing the league's best football. They are a complete team that is the favorite to win it all- again. This being said the Ravens will get a tatse of a defense that is continuosly morphing. Because of this I think it will be a lopsides loss in which the Giants will easily cover the 7 point spread.
We have a rookie QB. His favorite reciever is walking wounded and will not make to halftime Sunday afternoon. Heap will be punished early and we will have to run the ball 40 times. Rice will earn his money Sunday and will feel this game- literally, for weeks.
If the Ravens can score one offensive TD I will be satisfied. We are at least a season away from matching up well with teams like the Giants. While it sounds like a clichethe team will lean much from this particular contest.
Now that we have a QB for the first time in a decade we need to draft some serious WR talent and aquire a few free agents or two. Mason is done for the year because nobody comes back in 2 months after suffering that much pain/agony. He was crying like a baby because it HURT! It hurt that much because he did tremendous damage. Why the Ravens would even suit him up manana is disturbing. Mark my words he'll be on the field again- in agony- and announcing the end of his season.
You would be satisfied with one offensive TD? The Giants win lopsided? It's fans like you that keep Preston and co. employed here!! Do all real Ravens fans a favor, root for someone else!!!
Roy

Monson, ME

#18 Nov 15, 2008
The Giants are a very good team, but they are not superhuman. They are not invincible, they are 8-1 and have had some squeakers in those 8 wins. The Ravens offense will not score a lot of points against the Giant D but it won't have to because the Giants aren't going to score a lot either.
So-called "upsets" happen every week in the NFL because, especially this year, the distance between the very top teams and the next level down isn't so vast.
The Ravens have a hell of a tough game ahead of them, but they won't be blown out and they have a good chance of winning. Ravens 16 Giants 14
Rob

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Nov 15, 2008
The Giants lost to the Browns a couple of weeks ago....did everyone happen to be on a trip to the moon during that game?....their good yes....their more complete than the Ravens....but Eli Manning is not all world and they are not unbeatable....the key to this game is putting the utmost emphasis on protection....not being predictable in any way offensively...and keeping Burress from getting behind the mediocre corners.
GHT

United States

#20 Nov 16, 2008
martin wrote:
you were saying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ed Reed Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possibility at ... (Nov '13) Jul '14 Flatulence Fred 29
NFL: Houston Texans cut Ed Reed, put Arian Fost... (Nov '13) Apr '14 This is Jeopardy 4
2014 NFL Draft: Should New York Jets Draft a CB... Apr '14 1969 Super Bowl 5
Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
My thoughts and an overview of every Houston Te... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Buck 1
•••
•••

Ed Reed People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••