Cold fact: Steelers is real rivalry game

Full story: Baltimore Sun

They did, though, by early in the fourth quarter, when they took advantage of the Ravens' gifts the same way the Ravens had taken advantage of some gifts of their own.

Comments (Page 19)

Showing posts 361 - 374 of374
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Baltimore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
still photos don't tell the story. anyway you can't trust photos these days. anyone with photoshop can alter them. The call was correct.
Now where the game was decided was back at the steelers 8 yard line when the ravens D had a chance to pin them back and go 3 and out. Big Ben showed why he is the man and the ravens couldn't stop him. I saw one play they dropped 9 and Ben still made the completion. He is one helluva QB and I'm glad he's on our team.
They shouldn't have sat back...the Ravens sometimes try to play it safe, but they are not that kind of D.

“USA, Love it or Leave it”

Since: Oct 08

Ada, Mich.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

What a great finish for the Steelers. It could be worse, you could live in Michigan and have to bear witness to Our Detroit Lions. I beleive they will screw this season up and win a game, I hope not. I want William Clay Ford to have this winless title to go with his 4 & 0 pre season record. It has been since 1957 when the Lions have had a championship, one year before I was born. My son complains about this team, and I tell him I have lived with this longer. Dear President elect Obama, BAIL THIS TEAM OUT>

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

Amadeo wrote:
<quoted text>
They shouldn't have sat back...the Ravens sometimes try to play it safe, but they are not that kind of D.
prevent only prevents you from winning IMO. Ben was super sharp on the blitz pickup so that's why they didn't take any chances. One time on that drive they dropped 9 and ben still made the play.
RolleisTRASH

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

The Ravens beat themselves last night, but the refs made some really bad game changing calls point blank. You are the biggest homer ever saying that was definitely a TD and by rule the call should have NOT been overturned period. Doesn't matter at this point but facts are facts.

Bottom line, when you have glaring weaknesses, teams will expose them, The refs really did a horrible job of not calling Pass Interference on Samari Rolle dam near every ball thrown his way. He cost us the playoff game against the Colts the same exact way. Play 15 yards off the WR then cry about them driving down the field on us, last time I checked a first down is 10 yards, all you have to do is throw quick outs to whoever Rolle is covering and you EASILY march down the field. Just watch the tape!

Since: Sep 08

Baltimore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
prevent only prevents you from winning IMO. Ben was super sharp on the blitz pickup so that's why they didn't take any chances. One time on that drive they dropped 9 and ben still made the play.
He sharp on MOST of the pick-ups....more then I enjoyed seeing Ben get sacked by Reed...I was glad to see Reed hitting hard...That nevre impingment must be getting better.
rob

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

Judged:

Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
still photos don't tell the story. anyway you can't trust photos these days. anyone with photoshop can alter them. The call was correct.
Now where the game was decided was back at the steelers 8 yard line when the ravens D had a chance to pin them back and go 3 and out. Big Ben showed why he is the man and the ravens couldn't stop him. I saw one play they dropped 9 and Ben still made the completion. He is one helluva QB and I'm glad he's on our team.
Bob:

What you don't see on game day, but the next day, are all of the sideline photos taken by all of the local media. When you look at those pics, taken on the goal line from the side, the ball never passed the goal line. Reputable photogs aren't going to photoshop their pics, lol, plus there were too many guys with the same shot.

Look, here is my point, there was a destiny to yesterday's game and it didn't happen. The destiny might have been a Steelers win or it might have been a Raven win, but it didn't happen the way it should have happenned. If he catches the ball in the end zone, I can live with the Raven loss. If Tomlin goes for a TD on 4th and goal and wins the game, I can live with that ending. If the Steelers tie it up and kick a game winner like game 1, I can live with that ending. I can't live with an official deciding the result of a game for the third Raven's game this year. It gets old! As a lover of the game, this great game had a great destiny or ending and that official ruined it.

If you are a true lover of the game, you can't be happy with the result either. Don't you want to be able to say that a guy caught the ball in the end zone and everyone says, yea, that's a TD. Most knowledgable Steeler fans calling into talk shows today said they didn't like the way the game ended and great games should be decided on the filed. So hey, see you in January.

On Ben, yes his numbers may not be great, but he gets it done and that's all that matters. I am always leary of the numbers guys as they tend to be in it for themselves.

p.s...my weekend was still great as my B-ball team (I coach) scored a winning basket with 1.8 seconds left after inbounding with 5 seconds to go. The kids made my weekend! You have a good night!
rob

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

If anyone missed the espn special on the 1958 NFL Championship Game that was shown on Saturday night, you missed one hel-l of a show!
Yard Birds

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

The mighty Ravens...what a joke.
rob

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Yard Birds wrote:
Actually, most of us are quite happy that the team is 9-5 in what is really a rebuilding year.
rob

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Yard Birds wrote:
Yes that "JOKE" just keeps on winning. There are a lot of cities in the NFL that wish their "joke" was 10-5 in a rebuilding year. As always, jokers are wild!
rob

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you will see us in the playoffs. Refs didn't decide the game. Ravens inability to move the ball for a TD cost them the game...they had plenty of opportunities...close game, tough game, it was good.
Still don't think we'll see you in January? Ask Jerry Jones about the Raven's. Raven's lost to Titans by 3 with one minute to go on another controversial call. What was your score today? See you in January for sure when the game REALLY means something.

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Still don't think we'll see you in January? Ask Jerry Jones about the Raven's. Raven's lost to Titans by 3 with one minute to go on another controversial call. What was your score today? See you in January for sure when the game REALLY means something.
Good for the Ravens and the Titans, that was a different game. The Titans played a darn good game today, they exposed as several teams, our offensive line which is tattered. But...I still don't think you will see us. Our offensive line is patch-work right now and there isn't much they can do this late in the season. But if we do both make the AFC Championship, it will be in Heinz Field and it will be fun to watch.
rob

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2008

Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>Good for the Ravens and the Titans, that was a different game. The Titans played a darn good game today, they exposed as several teams, our offensive line which is tattered. But...I still don't think you will see us. Our offensive line is patch-work right now and there isn't much they can do this late in the season. But if we do both make the AFC Championship, it will be in Heinz Field and it will be fun to watch.
If you go back and read my post, I have consistently said that an AFC North team will be in the AFC Championship game. I didn't say which one becasue any game between Pitt/Balt. will be a great, but close game. I just hope the next one is clearly decided on the field, so the loser can say they lost without any excuses. That's the way the game is supposed to end.

The Titans can be beat. The Raven's almost did it. The Dolts game for Balt. was a fluke. That was Flacco's rookie wall. The last time Baltimore played the Dolts in a game that meant anything was the playoff in 2006. the Dolts won 15-6, all field goals. Manning was shut down. McNair played in his last game and stunk up the joint. Flacco will be a whole different game. Like I say, see you in january when it counts.
rob

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

rob wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go back and read my post, I have consistently said that an AFC North team will be in the AFC Championship game. I didn't say which one becasue any game between Pitt/Balt. will be a great, but close game. I just hope the next one is clearly decided on the field, so the loser can say they lost without any excuses. That's the way the game is supposed to end.
The Titans can be beat. The Raven's almost did it. The Dolts game for Balt. was a fluke. That was Flacco's rookie wall. The last time Baltimore played the Dolts in a game that meant anything was the playoff in 2006. the Dolts won 15-6, all field goals. Manning was shut down. McNair played in his last game and stunk up the joint. Flacco will be a whole different game. Like I say, see you in january when it counts.
Who is this guy? Kreskin or something...ha..ha.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 361 - 374 of374
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ed Reed Discussions

Search the Ed Reed Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possibility at ... (Nov '13) May '14 Darkness Falls 28
NFL: Houston Texans cut Ed Reed, put Arian Fost... (Nov '13) Apr '14 This is Jeopardy 4
2014 NFL Draft: Should New York Jets Draft a CB... Apr '14 1969 Super Bowl 5
Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
My thoughts and an overview of every Houston Te... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Buck 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••