'nuff said

'nuff said

There are 110 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 9, 2008, titled 'nuff said. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

When the Ravens collide with the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, could this rank as one of the most anticipated regular-season home games in the team's 13-year history? Whether the motivation is a bounty or the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
stew

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#103 Dec 10, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey thanks man, I just love the game that's all. I'll sling insults with the best of them if that's their game but prefer to discuss football. As a fan I root for my team first, my division second and then my conference (except I rooted for gmen against the all-hated patriots last SB). Hell I cheered on the ravens 2 years ago when they lost that playoff game with McNair. what a let down that game was even for me.
I love these rivalries because the teams know each other and when both are up to snuff the game is usually terrific to watch. At the beginning of the season, I picked the Steelers to lose this game since we usually split the series. I like our chances going into a hostile environment against a very good D and a capable O... Big Ben will have to have a great day to pull this off. If the ravens get to him early it could get ugly. I don't think your offense will score more than 10 or 13 points, it's your defense that I think has the potential to win the game with a pick 6 or fumble recovery TD. the same goes for our O and D too. Bottom line turnovers will decide this one IMO.
I know what you mean about the dallas smirk. Those guys are easy to dislike.
i agree with you 100 5 on team , division, and conference until ignorant ravens fans changed my thinking. i always rooted for the division if it was meaningless to the steelers until the steelers and bengals were playing a couple years ago and cincy was in first and the whole bar was rooting for cincy. see bmore fans are too ignorant to see the whole picture, but they will this weekend when flacco is counting the flights leaving bwi when he is laying on his back, now i root for pitt, division -ravens, conference
stew

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#104 Dec 10, 2008
Squeelers_Fans_R_Trash wrote:
<quoted text> Gee Beave you are smart you knew I was addressing you!!!!! Ha! you accept what you really are-nice. If you had a brain idiot you would know that that disgusting hole Pissburgh didnt have a newspaper when those losers whined about not getting their little way. Anyway some of them scums defected to where? Well you're "smart" you should know. And you're welcome for the education you never received. So yeah Obama is a clown but he knows you guys are whiny b!TCHES and this is the reason why-FACT.
whiney? i dont see the steelers fans making excuses for every loss instead of taking it as a loss. nice try bud, stick to badmitten at least noone understands it so you might sound like you know something
stew

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#105 Dec 10, 2008
Kay Dee wrote:
Ray can't cover worth a damn? He's got 9 passes defensed and 3 ints. I employ you to point to a squeeler linebacker with those pass defense numbers. Hell, find two combined!
<quoted text>
one interception on a tip, two thrown into his hands, not really in covering a reciever, ray is a great linebacker but a coverage linebacker he is not and any smart ravens fans will tell you that

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#106 Dec 10, 2008
Kay Dee wrote:
Ray can't cover worth a damn? He's got 9 passes defensed and 3 ints. I employ you to point to a squeeler linebacker with those pass defense numbers. Hell, find two combined!
<quoted text>
Have you ever played the game? If you have 9 passes defensed at ILB that means teams are picking on you ding-dong. How many completions have been made short and over the middle? Probably a lot more than 9. I can think of one in overtime that lost the game for the ravens...think back to heinz field earlier in the seaon...ah it's all coming back...a short dump off to moore who gains 2+ yards to set up the game winning field goal and ray ray waddling after him! LMAO!!!

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#107 Dec 10, 2008
stew wrote:
<quoted text>one interception on a tip, two thrown into his hands, not really in covering a reciever, ray is a great linebacker but a coverage linebacker he is not and any smart ravens fans will tell you that
the problem comes from paying more attention to stats sheets than to what's actually happening in a game. The only stat that really counts is a team stat and it's the January W/L stat.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#108 Dec 10, 2008
Greg B wrote:
All you blowhards need to get a grip on reality, especially FireTrembley, the idiot with no credibility whatsoever. I was talking to a Steeler fan at the local sports bar where we watch Direct TV on Sundays about the similarities we have and there are many. Stellar defense. Flacco and Rothleisberger. Miller and Heap. The Ravens are definitely not the browns. They and their fans blow. Bob Roberts you sound like a cool guy but quit dissing Ray. He hung out with a bad crowd, learned from his mistakes and didn't kill or injure anybody. Plays with more intensity than anybody and will be a major factor Sunday. The Bungals game was a blast and will be an annual tradition for me and my daughter. Go Ravens!
Dude I'm not dissing your sacred cow...I'm just saying he's not the dominating force he used to be. He's a great player and motivator he gets his team pumped up big time. I think this has it's draw backs too and last game showed it with dumb personal fouls by ravens. He's a great runs stuffer... but do to losing a few steps doesn't defend the pass like he used to. C'mon he's a lock for the hall of fame and in the twilight of his career is still putting up numbers. I don't think he'll see another SB though...just my opinion.
Fire Fire Trembley

Washington, DC

#109 Dec 10, 2008
Fire Trembley wrote:
You idiots dont relize, were gonna get dismantled by pitssburgh and thier defense, we have no shot, flacco will be in the hospital after the game, check back in with me when were 9-7 missing the playoffs
Hey FIRE TREMBLEY, how did your Redskins game "predictions" pan out?

post # 64

I fully expect the Skins to come in here and embarrass us on Sunday. Carlos Rodgers and DeAngelo Hall will play lock down defense on our receivers. It's going to be a rough day for Flacco. 3 or more picks is a strong possibility.

post # 95

My God. I've never seen so many deluded homers in my life. You fools realize that the Skins have managed a 7-5 record in the toughest division in football, right??? They are going to have our boys grabbing their ankles by half time.

It's funny how these posts (in the "Mirror, mirror" forum) disappeared after the game.
Football Al

Harleysville, PA

#110 Dec 10, 2008
Reminders for Sunday:

1. Cheer good.
2. Cheer loud.
3. Save some cheer for the 2nd half,
the most important half.
4. Boo the Stillers.
5. 3rd down: "make 'em drown in
sound."
6. Make Big Ben, little Ben "d".
7. Stay patient in the run game.
8. Don't get Hines "d"
9. For the love of God, please block
the LB Harrison...please, please.
10. Don't be stupid, on or off the field.

Merry Christmas, to all fans.

Go Ravens, beat the "Stillers".

jon dey

Canada

#111 Dec 10, 2008
Fire Trembley wrote:
You idiots dont relize, were gonna get dismantled by pitssburgh and thier defense, we have no shot, flacco will be in the hospital after the game, check back in with me when were 9-7 missing the playoffs
I'd bet that you took the German's in WWII. You really are an a$$h---!

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#112 Dec 10, 2008
jon dey wrote:
<quoted text>I'd bet that you took the German's in WWII. You really are an a$$h---!
LOL. Now THAT'S effin funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ed Reed Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possibility at ... (Nov '13) Jul '14 Flatulence Fred 29
News NFL: Houston Texans cut Ed Reed, put Arian Fost... (Nov '13) Apr '14 This is Jeopardy 4
News 2014 NFL Draft: Should New York Jets Draft a CB... (Apr '14) Apr '14 1969 Super Bowl 5
News Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
News Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
News Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
News My thoughts and an overview of every Houston Te... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Buck 1
More from around the web