'nuff said

'nuff said

There are 110 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 9, 2008, titled 'nuff said. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

When the Ravens collide with the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, could this rank as one of the most anticipated regular-season home games in the team's 13-year history? Whether the motivation is a bounty or the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
eman

Millsboro, DE

#1 Dec 9, 2008
While the Jacksonville game probably goes down as one of the most exciting games in Ravens history, I wouldn't see it was one of the most anticipated. What about the Colts playoff game 2 years ago or the opening Sunday night game against the Colts in 2004?
Macadamia

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Dec 9, 2008
The Jags game is my #1 because if the Ravens didn't win that game, I really don't think they would have ever made it to the Super Bowl that year. That victory set the tone for them finally becoming a good team after being a joke the first few years of their existence.

However, this Sunday's game tops that one and all others by far in terms of anticipation due to the fact that 1) it's the hated Stealers (spelled incorrectly on purpose for SB XL), 2) the division crown is on the line, and 3) there are only three games left this season.

GO RAVENS!
Will

Bethesda, MD

#3 Dec 9, 2008
From what I saw Sunday from the Steelers was that if thier offense plays the way they did against the Cowboys, this they will get blast early. The Cowboys put pressure on Big Ben and he was sacked a couple of times but the Ravens have a way of urning those into turnovers. By the way does anyone know if Rice will be playing this weekend?
Rich

Cedar Rapids, IA

#4 Dec 9, 2008
Big game, smig game. Harbaugh's right, we need to win this week. Than we will look at next weeks game that needs to be won. That said,- the fans who are lucky enough to be at M&T bank stadium this Sunday are going to get more than their moneys worth. That's saying a lot. If we win it's the biggest game ever for the Ravens at home. If we lose it will be just like the game against the Kolts 2 years ago in the play-off. Just another loss. Harbaugh's right the Ravens have earned the wonderful spot we are in. You can bet we will be ready, unlike the Billick fiasco of 2 years ago against the Kolts. It really doesn't get any better than this for the fans or the Ravens orgainazation. A 4 o'clock game on national TV after being on national TV last Sunday. Ravens, you make Baltimore look good and you make us proud. Thank you!.GO RAVENS!
ocjohn

Ocean City, MD

#5 Dec 9, 2008
Biggest game. Super Bowl. Have we forgotten?
Fells Point Craig

United States

#6 Dec 9, 2008
ocjohn wrote:
Biggest game. Super Bowl. Have we forgotten?
He was talking about home games dude.
Bman

Rosedale, MD

#7 Dec 9, 2008
Regular-season home games to be specific.
Jon

Harrisonburg, VA

#8 Dec 9, 2008
If you are really a betting man, you should put $$ on the steelers to win straight up, so it's a win win situation. If the Ravens win you get bragging rights, which $$ cannot buy, and if the Ravens lose, then you win $$ courtesy of the Steelers.
George from Pasadena

Glen Burnie, MD

#9 Dec 9, 2008
It really comes down to our African-Americans against their African-Americans. American workers struggle to survive and pay their bills and we treat these guys like royalty.
ocjohn

Ocean City, MD

#10 Dec 9, 2008
Fells Point Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
He was talking about home games dude.
Dude, like man, I guess my mind is on going to the big one this year. Thanks again guy.
COX

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Dec 9, 2008
not to nit-pick but if the ravens win out, I'm pretty sure they win the division outright even if the steelers win the rest of their games. Taken from NFL.COM :

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss

Since the ravens hold the advantage in the number 3 tie breaker via a win against the eagles, don't they get the division? I might be missing something but I think the writer is confusing division tie breakers with wild card tie breakers. Wild card tie breaker #2 is conference record.
COX

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Dec 9, 2008
Ignore my previous comment i just remembered that the situation I just described would create a tie in the number 3 tie breaker because of the titans...damn i should've REMEMBERED THE TITANS..lol
brad

Baltimore, MD

#13 Dec 9, 2008
George from Pasadena wrote:
It really comes down to our African-Americans against their African-Americans. American workers struggle to survive and pay their bills and we treat these guys like royalty.
When did you get african-americans?Please tell me.

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#14 Dec 9, 2008
It's going to be a typical, hard fought game. But given the past 10 years of stats, it's unlikely that the Steelers will win/sweep the Ravens, especially at home. Looking back at our first meeting in week 3, the Steelers squeaked by 23-20 with a FG in over time. And Joe Flacco was much less experienced then. We are clearly better than when we played them at that time, and while it's going to be a tough game, we should win. Come on....SUNDAY!
Rich

Cedar Rapids, IA

#15 Dec 9, 2008
George from Pasadena wrote:
It really comes down to our African-Americans against their African-Americans. American workers struggle to survive and pay their bills and we treat these guys like royalty.
My oh my, you sure know how to take the air out of a baloon. If I was a friend or relative of yours I'd call the men in the white coats. Quick! Then I'd move. Quick.
SevernDave

Fort George G Meade, MD

#16 Dec 9, 2008
COX wrote:
not to nit-pick but if the ravens win out, I'm pretty sure they win the division outright even if the steelers win the rest of their games. Taken from NFL.COM :
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss
Since the ravens hold the advantage in the number 3 tie breaker via a win against the eagles, don't they get the division? I might be missing something but I think the writer is confusing division tie breakers with wild card tie breakers. Wild card tie breaker #2 is conference record.
Actually, if the RAVENS beat the Sqeelers and then both teams go on to win the rest of their games, it looks like the deciding factor could be #5 -- Strength of Victory. I'm assuming that means point differential. As of this minute, the Squeelers have us by 10 points. How funny would it be if that Palamalou TD that was taken away at the end of the game winds up costing them the division championship?
SC_Ravens_Fan

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Dec 9, 2008
Rich wrote:
<quoted text>
My oh my, you sure know how to take the air out of a baloon. If I was a friend or relative of yours I'd call the men in the white coats. Quick! Then I'd move. Quick.
You noticed everybody else ignored the dumba$$. these idiots are everywhere. they say something stupid to try to get a reaction then the whole conversation turns to their agenda so they can spew off their bull$hit philosophy.

We're here to talk about football and how we're gonn a kick squeeler tail on sunday. period.
harvey martin

Miami, FL

#18 Dec 9, 2008
2 best teams in the AFC playing Sunday. Didn't the colts beat them both. Especially the Ravens.
Christopher

United States

#19 Dec 9, 2008
SevernDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if the RAVENS beat the Sqeelers and then both teams go on to win the rest of their games, it looks like the deciding factor could be #5 -- Strength of Victory. I'm assuming that means point differential. As of this minute, the Squeelers have us by 10 points. How funny would it be if that Palamalou TD that was taken away at the end of the game winds up costing them the division championship?
That's not what "Strength of Victory" means. Strength of victory is the combined winning percentage of the teams you have beaten. The Ravens pretty much have no chance of winning that tie breaker over the Steelers. Our best bet is to win-out, and then hope for a Steelers loss to the Titans.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#20 Dec 9, 2008
skaybaltimore wrote:
It's going to be a typical, hard fought game. But given the past 10 years of stats, it's unlikely that the Steelers will win/sweep the Ravens, especially at home. Looking back at our first meeting in week 3, the Steelers squeaked by 23-20 with a FG in over time. And Joe Flacco was much less experienced then. We are clearly better than when we played them at that time, and while it's going to be a tough game, we should win. Come on....SUNDAY!
historically the teams split the series. I hope our team wins but earlier in the year I predicted this as one of 4 Ls for the steelers. I hope I'm wrong of course. 5 days and counting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ed Reed Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possibility at ... (Nov '13) Jul '14 Flatulence Fred 29
News NFL: Houston Texans cut Ed Reed, put Arian Fost... (Nov '13) Apr '14 This is Jeopardy 4
News 2014 NFL Draft: Should New York Jets Draft a CB... (Apr '14) Apr '14 1969 Super Bowl 5
News Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
News Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
News Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
News My thoughts and an overview of every Houston Te... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Buck 1
More from around the web