He got it right and wrong

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Overall, it was a strong showing by the Ravens . They gained some national respect and showed they have a legitimate shot at winning the AFC North title.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Glenn

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

It always easy to second guess a coach but overall I think the coaches and team did a good job. It appears now that we have QB that can lead a drive downfield and score if we are behind. There will always be mistakes made to give them credit for being more competive than anyone thought they would be.

Sure beats watching our last coach with his inept offense.
Hail skinz

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Hey, I know that it doesnt really matter, but did you see the coin flip in Overtime? I think harbaugh payed off the ref. The coin didnt even flip once. It was the weirdest thing. I think that it is something that the refs need to start practicing!
Hungry blue mule

Dundalk, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Todd Heap is either playing hurt, or he is having to play with the result of cumulative injuries over the years and the effect they have had on his physical ability. I saw him limping off the field at least once Monday night against the Steelers. He may be near the end of his football playing days because of wear and tear. It's only part of a larger problem the Raven's have at the receiver postion. We have one legitimate WR right now and if the football gods allow him to be struck down , we are in serious trouble. This is already priority #1 for the next off season. A wide receiver who can get open and get deep, and then(miracle of miracles) catch the ball.
windrin

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

lol rats lost! get over it! you lost to the steelers once, you'll lose again. it's all just sour grapes that this point! ;) go steelers!!
SevernDave

Fort George G Meade, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Just like Flacco is a rookie QB who is going to make rookie mistakes, Harbaugh is a rookie head coach. Our expectations for this season have been raised, and rightfully so, but we HAVE to remember that the QB and the coach are rookies and there WILL BE growing pains. As long as Flacco and Harbaugh learn from their mistakes, the future should be REALLY bright for the RAVENS.
CMD

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Mike,

I must ask what exactly is a player supposed to do if the Defensive player isn't looking? Not block him and let him get in on the play? A cheap shot is a hit that is made illegally or after the whistle. What Hines did may have been uneccessary but if you call it cheap you are just showing that you can't be an unbiased journalist and are nothing more then a homer. Maybe you should hang out with Amelia from 98 Rock because sometimes you both seem to have about the same comprehension of the game!
Ravens1-Steeler Hater

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

I can't wait until someone in this league takes out Hines Ketchup Ward. All he does it look for players that aren't watching and then he slams them, what a wus. Even an amatuer can do that!
Fells Point Craig

Burlington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MIKE PRESTON I USED TO KNOW??? Stop making sense!!
jeffro

Kipling, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

The Ravens need a deep threat big time wide reciever to work with Mason. Heap and Clayton are ghosts, you can put anyone in to fill their positions. You have the backs, the O line will be great, you need someone that can actually get some separation with defenders, this will help Flacco develop, now he has to to pin point throws because recievers can't get open. A rookie can only do so much. The Ravens looked great, it's still early.

DEK

Since: Jun 08

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

windrin wrote:
lol rats lost! get over it! you lost to the steelers once, you'll lose again. it's all just sour grapes that this point! ;) go steelers!!
You talk with extreme confidence because your beloved Steelers won the game on the scoreboard. However, Iím sure you had the same immense sunken feeling and blank trance-like gaze on your face as the rest of the Steeler fans had during that game. Though the Ravens lost, that pitiful scene including the jeers was absolutely priceless and almost as good as a win. I relished it.
pinbuoy

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Didn't we see the Mason replay on TV in time to make the decision at home? Don't they have TV up in the booth?
RavenKen

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

For all the 'bad' points there is one ponit that over shadows them all - WE FINALLY HAVE AN OFFENSE. I like speaking about specifics (should have thrown the red flag) then speaking about generalities (we don't have an offense). I have to say it again since I don't see anyone else saying it - my biggest concern is Ryan getting 'cute' on defense. Just about everytime we got burned by the squeelers Ryan had some funky defensive play called. I get the feeling he feels like the D is his toy and he is using it to try to impress other teams that his 'imagination' is the backbone of their success - that is far from the truth. The talent of our D is what makes them special - it is what makes them great - year after year after year. Look at all the D coordinators that now have jobs elsewhere. Their D is not Raven D. Our Talent is Raven D. Ryan - Stop trying to be cute - instead, put us in a position to succeed and let the talent take over.
RavenKen

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Hail skinz wrote:
Hey, I know that it doesnt really matter, but did you see the coin flip in Overtime? I think harbaugh payed off the ref. The coin didnt even flip once. It was the weirdest thing. I think that it is something that the refs need to start practicing!
I thought the same thing. FAS. His toss looked like a lame attempt to flip a flapjack.
Ben

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

When the season started, who thought we would be 2-1 and who thought we'd take the Steelers to OT in Pittsburgh with a rookie QB. Harbaugh is a first year head coach and he will make plenty of mistakes this season. But the overall performance was good. The Ravens as a team don't flinch anymore. In past years once Pittsburgh scored 14 points in 15 seconds to take the lead, the game would have been over. The bottom line is Pittsburgh made more big plays and that one the game for them. But Pittsburgh is in trouble this season as their injuries are mounting and they still have 12 games to go. The Ravens really do have a shot at this division, we'll just have to see how it all turns out.
Struds

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

CMD wrote:
Mike,
I must ask what exactly is a player supposed to do if the Defensive player isn't looking? Not block him and let him get in on the play? A cheap shot is a hit that is made illegally or after the whistle. What Hines did may have been uneccessary but if you call it cheap you are just showing that you can't be an unbiased journalist and are nothing more then a homer. Maybe you should hang out with Amelia from 98 Rock because sometimes you both seem to have about the same comprehension of the game!
I think he's talking about blocks well away from the play.
fggf

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Cam and John decide to RUN the ball with 1:40 left in the game, one TO and a FG to win; but decide to THROW the bal with a 13-3 lead with 6:00 left in the 3rd! THIS IS BACKASSWARDS! YOU RUN THE BALL EVERY TIME when you are leading 13-3 late in the 3rd, with a dominating "D" behind you to help protect the lead, until you HAVE to throw (meaning losing)!
You THROW the ball when there is 1:40 left in the game, with 1 TO and only needing a FG to win the game! If you don't have faith in your QB, then that QB should not be on the team! Shoot, there is NO guarantee in OT that you are even going to GET the ball, or if you do that it will be in good field position!
Play to WIN not to MAYBE win! This lose is 100% on John and Cam!
Jeff Davis

Kirkland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Hey I gotta say I was wrong. The RAVENS are for real. Jared Johnson gotta cool out. Hine Ward better keep his head on a swivel in Baltimore. His hits are cheap and borderline dirty. I pray Ravens intercept a ball against SHI*BURGH and pancake skinny HINES WARD.
RavenKen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

fggf wrote:
Cam and John decide to RUN the ball with 1:40 left in the game, one TO and a FG to win; but decide to THROW the bal with a 13-3 lead with 6:00 left in the 3rd! THIS IS BACKASSWARDS! YOU RUN THE BALL EVERY TIME when you are leading 13-3 late in the 3rd, with a dominating "D" behind you to help protect the lead, until you HAVE to throw (meaning losing)!
You THROW the ball when there is 1:40 left in the game, with 1 TO and only needing a FG to win the game! If you don't have faith in your QB, then that QB should not be on the team! Shoot, there is NO guarantee in OT that you are even going to GET the ball, or if you do that it will be in good field position!
Play to WIN not to MAYBE win! This lose is 100% on John and Cam!
Then so is the point that we were in the game to begin with. Jahn and Cam hav e finally brought an offense to B'more. I like the way they are bringing along Flacco. Flacco is responding not only on a game by game basis but even during the game I can see Flacco make adjustments. Those adjustments are coming from the direction of the coaches. We are going to have a good year and as long as Oz has his wits about him, we are going to be very good for a long long time.
_READ_

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

PAckage Heap and either Williams or Clayton for Anquan Boldin. Vertical passing Problem Solved!
Rick

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Mason's feet were in-bounds on that TD play, but his feet were not on the ground. It was not a TD and I'm glad coach didn't waste a TO.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ed Reed Discussions

Search the Ed Reed Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possibility at ... (Nov '13) May '14 Darkness Falls 28
NFL: Houston Texans cut Ed Reed, put Arian Fost... (Nov '13) Apr '14 This is Jeopardy 4
2014 NFL Draft: Should New York Jets Draft a CB... Apr '14 1969 Super Bowl 5
Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
My thoughts and an overview of every Houston Te... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Buck 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••