Offense rushing to make extremely physical statement

Full story: Baltimore Sun

The Ravens aren't fancy and don't have players who constantly make big plays, but coordinator Cam Cameron gets every ounce of energy out of the offense.
Comments
1 - 20 of 72 Comments Last updated Dec 9, 2008
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Chris

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Yeah, Frank Walker seems to be a potential problem/penalty machine
Brian

Parkville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

The good news is that we have three other very capable reserve safeties if Landry and Reed can't go. You have to give Ozzie some credit for ensuring that we had adequate backups for that position.
John Boy Walton

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Mike, has the league caught up with Derek Anderson? One-year wonder?
SevernDave

Fort George G Meade, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Who would've thought the O-line would be THIS good!?!?!?! The Pittsburgh game should give us a good idea of just how good the RAVENS are. Pretty encouraging so far........Quinn should've come into the game yesterday. Anderson looked really bad. But then again, the RAVENS defense was MAKING him look pretty bad!!!
dave z

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Savage should have told Crennel: "Either Anderson loses his job, or you lose yours."

wasn't savage the one who paid big money to keep Anderson in Cleveland? It doesn't look good for either party to have to bench Anderson, but still clearly after 3 games moving forward with Quinn looks like the right move for Cleveland
Steve

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

The NFL has done studies on how to remove facemasks of players who have head and neck truama, even on how to phychologically evaluate players after the fact. Yet they sit on their hands about a procedure that clearly helps players of the N.E. Patriots prior to play. This jaw evaluation has benefited many H.S. programs and players in Massachusetts. Even the Arena league has adopted it as their official mouth guard, the president of the NHL dental association and the Head of research at Tufts University are now certified to make the Maher mouth guard. The Regimental Surgeon of the U.S. Marines in Iraq is interested in researching this corrective measure based on results from the Patriots, yet, the NFL has a long history of stalling when it comes to protecting players like Landry, Crebet, Green, McNair, along with the tens of thousands of H.S. and college players, with this procedure. When is the goverment going to clean up this mess. What an injustice, players need to seek out this procedure on their own, There are two certified dentists in Baltimore, could someone drive Landry over there when he is feeling better, is that to much to ask. Like others it could save his career. www.mahercor.com
Chi Chi

Sykesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Mike, what about having a "feel for the flow of the game" of which you were so fond of accusing Billick that he lacked? Why would they call a flea-flicker when they were pounding them with the run? Why would they throw three straight passes (and go three-and-out) when they were protecting their lead in the second half? Where's the criticism? Did I miss the announacment that the Ravens put you on their payroll?
FireTrembley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Chi Chi wrote:
Mike, what about having a "feel for the flow of the game" of which you were so fond of accusing Billick that he lacked? Why would they call a flea-flicker when they were pounding them with the run? Why would they throw three straight passes (and go three-and-out) when they were protecting their lead in the second half? Where's the criticism? Did I miss the announacment that the Ravens put you on their payroll?
It's all good for these homerish writers when the Ravens are winning. How about when BB took the play calling in 2006 and 9-1 with Fassel's playbook? Yeah how about that SB title too. This city has been very rude to BB.
Ron

Hagerstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Hey Mike,

Sometlhing occured to me that maybe you could answer as to whether this is a completely new Ravens Team or not. Have the Ravens ever won a game before where a field goal was not kicked by them and they only punted 3 time?

Ron
vudean

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

FireTrembley wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all good for these homerish writers when the Ravens are winning. How about when BB took the play calling in 2006 and 9-1 with Fassel's playbook? Yeah how about that SB title too. This city has been very rude to BB.
There is too much iron here from a user named "FireTrembley"
please tell me that is some sarcastic joke?
vudean

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

sorry "irony"
FireTrembley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

vudean wrote:
<quoted text>
There is too much iron here from a user named "FireTrembley"
please tell me that is some sarcastic joke?
Trembley's inability to manage a pitching staff and his allowing Ramon Hernandez to put out a near zero effort this year is enough to justify my user name.
Midtown Mike

Linthicum Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Don't drink to much of the kool-aid! You cannot hide a rookie quarterback behind running the ball, dink passing and the defense.

The schedule get's tougher and the losses will start to pile quick. Flacco showed the "deer in the head lights" yesterday with more complex defense schemes thrown at him and they backed him down to running the ball and the defense putting the Ravens with a very short field in the 2nd half.
FireTrembley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Midtown Mike wrote:
Don't drink to much of the kool-aid! You cannot hide a rookie quarterback behind running the ball, dink passing and the defense.
The schedule get's tougher and the losses will start to pile quick. Flacco showed the "deer in the head lights" yesterday with more complex defense schemes thrown at him and they backed him down to running the ball and the defense putting the Ravens with a very short field in the 2nd half.
Exactly...if the Ravens make it through the Steelers, Titans, and Colts with a couple wins...I'll say they are good, but until then I expect 5 wins from them.
Damian

Hanover, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Midtown Mike wrote:
did you just call the Brown's defense complex? lol For the love of god it was Flacco's second regular NFL game, if he didnt have the deer in headlights look at one point I would think someone should check his pulse lol.
Wil

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

His Rookie mistakes have been few and his poise excellant. The future will be to improve the talent of the receivers .Flacco has an excellant arm and will become even better with the overall improvement of personnel.
Guru

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Nice article, Mike. I had been irate over the past few years at the lack of discipline the Ravens had under Billick. The Browns yesterday reminded me of the old Ravens with all of their stupid penalties (false starts, for example). With the exception of Frank Walker, the Ravens have looked far more disciplined this year under Harbaugh. No team will go unpenalized, but the key is that they're not taking themselves out of games with avoidable penalties.
Dwayne

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

I love football but i just dont understand where the loyalty to their players are. the ravens know all about having inconsistent quarterbacks but atleast we can say every quarterback played themselves out of the starting line up as opposed to management stop believing in any of them. derek anderson had a fantastic season last season. he's only one year older. keep anderson in there and let him work thru it cause quinn isnt going to be much better in his second season. besides if flacco doesnt work out, the ravens may consider getting anderson back in a few years so i personally want to see anderson get as many reps as possible. lol.
A V III

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Chi Chi wrote:
Man, get real. Billick cost us the games with his HORRENDOUS PLAY CALLING last year. REMEMBER the season opener against the Bengals?? We were on the Bebgals 5 yard line and we went with 4 STRAIGHT PASSING PLAYS!! What was the outcome?? WE LOST!! We had McLAIN & WILLIS last year as well so 5 yards and we did not RUN IT ONCE FOR GOD SAKE!!
A V III

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

FireTrembley wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly...if the Ravens make it through the Steelers, Titans, and Colts with a couple wins...I'll say they are good, but until then I expect 5 wins from them.
Stick to BASEBALL you SHCMUCK

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ed Reed Discussions

Search the Ed Reed Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possibility at ... (Nov '13) May '14 Darkness Falls 28
NFL: Houston Texans cut Ed Reed, put Arian Fost... (Nov '13) Apr '14 This is Jeopardy 4
2014 NFL Draft: Should New York Jets Draft a CB... Apr '14 1969 Super Bowl 5
Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
My thoughts and an overview of every Houston Te... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Buck 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••