NFL Draft: Tampa Bay Bucs get on the defensive for Day 2 select...

Normalcy was restored to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers ' draft Sunday. A day after using their precious first-round pick on a quarterback who looms as a one- or two-year project, the Bucs began restocking the once-proud defense that betrayed them during a four-loss December debacle that cost the club a playoff spot and ultimately cost the former head ... Full Story
steve

Muskegon, MI

#1 Apr 26, 2009
you might be a better team than you were yesterday but you are nowhere near as good as you were last year
Michael

United States

#2 Apr 26, 2009
The Bucs had a pretty good draft. Now if it was up to me, I would of not took Freeman with the first. No matter who the Bucs pick in this years draft, the team will be horrid next year and most likely have a lossing season. So that leads up to the bucs having a high pick in next years draft. That being said, next years draft might have the best QB draft class ever. Colt Mcoy, Tim Tebow, and Sam Bradford will be there for the taking. Any of those 3 are light years better then Freeman. So that is why you take a defensive player like Robert Ayers this year, and go offence in the first round next year. So lets think about this, if the Bucs have a top 3 pick in next years draft and one of the three I listed above are there for the taking....what are the Bucs going to do now?

Anyways Miller is going to be a beast and I expect him to start at DT from the get go. Moore will split DE time with S. White during running opertunites. The OT we drafted will be on the practice squad, The CB will play special teams, and the WR we took could at best be a 3rd slot WR.

Also Leroy Hill is a free agent LB that the Seahawks let go. We swung and missed on Vilma....go get Leroy...he is young and has a mean streak....we have the money to make it happen.
Tampabayguy

Spring Hill, FL

#3 Apr 27, 2009
Good move for Bucs drafting a QB. Freeman has unbelievable size and agility. This guy can be a star. Its no secret Bucs are rebuilding anyway.
Tampabayguy

Spring Hill, FL

#4 Apr 27, 2009
Michael wrote:
The Bucs had a pretty good draft. Now if it was up to me, I would of not took Freeman with the first. No matter who the Bucs pick in this years draft, the team will be horrid next year and most likely have a lossing season. So that leads up to the bucs having a high pick in next years draft. That being said, next years draft might have the best QB draft class ever. Colt Mcoy, Tim Tebow, and Sam Bradford will be there for the taking. Any of those 3 are light years better then Freeman. So that is why you take a defensive player like Robert Ayers this year, and go offence in the first round next year. So lets think about this, if the Bucs have a top 3 pick in next years draft and one of the three I listed above are there for the taking....what are the Bucs going to do now?
Anyways Miller is going to be a beast and I expect him to start at DT from the get go. Moore will split DE time with S. White during running opertunites. The OT we drafted will be on the practice squad, The CB will play special teams, and the WR we took could at best be a 3rd slot WR.
Also Leroy Hill is a free agent LB that the Seahawks let go. We swung and missed on Vilma....go get Leroy...he is young and has a mean streak....we have the money to make it happen.

Bucs can trade down for multiple picks
Cracke r

Fort Myers, FL

#5 Apr 27, 2009
Quote" "I don't know if you can ever appease the fans," Morris said."
Lets see, before the draft you trade the 2nd pick for offensive player. Then with the first round pick you take a quarterback. I thought we just fired the coach that was fixated on quarterbacks.
This team needed defense and someone that could come in and make an immediate impact and what we got is a, in my humble opinion, wasted first round pick. Want to appease the fans, how about learning what the team needs, like defense and maybe a new coach and general manager.
College Parker

Kissimmee, FL

#6 Apr 27, 2009
Tampabayguy wrote:
Good move for Bucs drafting a QB. Freeman has unbelievable size and agility. This guy can be a star. Its no secret Bucs are rebuilding anyway.
I am a big Husker Fan and have watched Freeman play these past three years ... He's had maybe 3 good games against quality opponets and any other good stat game, came against cream puffs. He's a project and you don't waste a first round pick (let alone trade up) on a project!
Latasha

Tampa, FL

#7 Apr 27, 2009
There is no man that can fart in public as loud as Warren Sapp does.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e293/untame...
bloms

Apopka, FL

#9 Apr 27, 2009
Worthless pick.... I would rather have Tim Tebow then this guy.... Tebow at least has done some pretty amazing things in college....while Freeman has been mediocre....He throws alot of INTs and its only going to get worse in the NFL.... Bad decision.... Raheem might of just cost himself his job because when this guy fails to pan out its gonna be some serious backlash...
The rock

Orlando, FL

#10 Apr 28, 2009
Booooooooo. Freeman is terrible and we are now being laughed at by MSN and Yahoo. Lets suck it up this year and then beg for Cowhar to leave the broadcast booth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

E.J Biggers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Redskins sign Ryan Clark (Apr '14) Apr '14 RedPenisTips 3
Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Trade for Darrelle Revis ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 alc 4
25-and under talent: Tampa Bay Buccaneers rank ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 dave hill 1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Aqib Talib is contrite in... (Sep '10) Sep '10 tampabucsfan 1
Illini's bowl hopes fade with loss to Western M... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Sue 52

E.J Biggers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE