Vinatieri recovers to hit game-winnin...

Vinatieri recovers to hit game-winning field goal

There are 195 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 18, 2007, titled Vinatieri recovers to hit game-winning field goal. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Adam Vinatieri kicked a 24--yard field goal with three seconds to play Sunday to lift the injury-ravaged Indianapolis Colts to a 13-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs at the RCA Dome.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

undisputed truth

Cincinnati, OH

#165 Nov 18, 2007
Carmel Clay Dad wrote:
I don't understand why we didn't stay with the over the middle dink play, mixed with the draw in the 2nd half. We got away from it after the success we were having. They had us on the stretch and they had us on any pass play over 5 yards. The strategy at the end of the game was perfect for those who question it. We milked the clock to the point that made it impossible for them (KC)to make a big play. I was delighted with the plan.
The slant play over the middle was taken away from us by holding up Reggie and Dallas at the line of scrimmage long enough to disrupt the timing. In addition, Jared Allen spent more time in our backfield than most of our players, giving Peyton little time to set up to throw long. A couple of times we even used Darrell Reed on offense to try to help block Allen who was eating Charlie Johnson's lunch on nearly every passing down.
bob

Brooklyn, NY

#166 Nov 18, 2007
its called multitasking.

and its NOT a colt board!!!!!!!!!! try clicking this link www.topix.com/forum/nfl look like the indy star to you? i didn't think so
Oh lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, don't you Patriot fans have anything else to do? Your team is playing right now, and you are trolling on a Colts' message board.
Yes, your team looks awesome, but you are about 1 or 2 injuries away from taking a fall.
Personally, I don't care if Brady runs up the score. He's my Fantasy Football QB and he's keeping me in the win column.
undisputed truth

Cincinnati, OH

#167 Nov 18, 2007
Indiana wrote:
The Colts should sign Stahr the Indiana kicker. Much more accurate.
Actually they had a good kicker in the pre-season in Shane Andrus, but cut him. I don't know if he's available now or not, but if he is and Adam's injured, then we'd be foolish not to bring him in.
Alex

Chula Vista, CA

#168 Nov 18, 2007
Dave wrote:
And, by the way, I'm more respected in my field than Dungy is.
Oh sure, and can I get a copy of your latest best seller?
Kacey

Latonia, KY

#169 Nov 18, 2007
It was an ugly win, but it was a win. With the changes on the O-Line and the receiver situation, I'm just happy that they ended up with the win. KC played great defense and we are lucky that Peyton wasn't injured while running for his life. The Colts will be fine and, in the long run, they will get the majority of their players back when it really matters. Wow, a lot of the people posting here must have forgotten about the Pre-Manning Colts.....
Keith Smith

Newark, NJ

#170 Nov 18, 2007
Gopher Tee Brady, I speak the truth! The colts offense sucks baby! Harrison the colts need you badly!
Keith Smith

Newark, NJ

#172 Nov 18, 2007
The falcons will be ready Thursday! I hope that the colts don't need a last second field goal from Vinteri!
Keith Smith

Newark, NJ

#173 Nov 18, 2007
I read the comment that if it was a big game, that Harrison could have played! I don't understand? I know one thing my mother could go out their and be a better wideout than GONALEZ! what a bum!
DumpthatKicker

Camby, IN

#174 Nov 18, 2007
It is time to look for a kicker. Otherwise, Colts season will end by Adam. Sooner or later.
TenHut

Kemptville, Canada

#175 Nov 18, 2007
DOLTS OVERRATED wrote:
my my my, how you DOLT fans turn. You are all starting to recognize what I have been saying all year.....manning is a very capable quarterback but NOT as great as all say. Take away a few of his weapons and he becomes average. As I have also been saying since the PATS game, the DOLTS will not be going to Foxboro is Jan. It's interesting to see all the "long time" DOLT fans starting to be not so die hard. HAHAHAHAHAHA
...fat dumb and stupid is no way to go through life...
A Real Fan

United States

#176 Nov 18, 2007
You idiot NE homers are sickening, contrary to popular belief Brady didn't have no-name receivers. Hell Deion Branch was MVP of the Super Bowl back in 2003, and David Givens, Troy Brown and David Patten were outstanding route runners and YAC guys, let's not forget Ben Watson and Daniel Graham. The Patriots success is attributed to Belichick more than Brady because he had Weis design that little West Coast-Spread hybrid offense that the Pats run. Before you start lauding Lord Brady just remember that their offense is a spread designed to get the ball to receivers quickly, Brady doesn't have a tenth of the responsibilities Peyton has in his offense where the Colts have to get the ball downfield, and having guys like Harrison and Wayne are a must, so is having great pass blockers. The Colts almost whipped the Pats asses shorthanded and can do it again.
BlueWave

South Bend, IN

#177 Nov 18, 2007
Most of you are fricken morons. Even some of you Colts fans are absolutely ridiculous with what you say.

There is a bottom line and if you haven't learned it yet, thinking of last year's run, then you never will.

The Colts can beat New England in Foxboro. And even Pats fans know it, whether they admit it or not, they don't want Indy to comem play them for a trip to the Super Bowl, because we're the only team they're afraid of, and they know we can derail their perfect season.

If you think today's win wasn't good enough, you don't know anything about football.
Fieldgolts

Circleville, OH

#178 Nov 18, 2007
Looking at the margin of victory for the opposing teams the last 2 games, it comes down to Viniteri's missed kicks no matter how anyone wants to dress it up or dismiss it. I was glad to see him get the winning kick on this one, but he missed two and they could have lost the game in a margin that again his kicks would have covered. It was weird to see them not try for a touchdown run with Addai today at the end.
War on Islam

Palatine, IL

#179 Nov 18, 2007
An ugly win to say the least and after the last two losses the Colts aren't looking like a Super Bowl caliber team.

Vinatieri hasn't been looking very impressive either...I hope this slump of his passes.
freeman

New Lenox, IL

#180 Nov 18, 2007
Can someone please explain to me why the Colts left 4 seconds on the clock to kick the game winning field goal..then kicking the kick off out of bounds..giving the Chiefs a chance (albeit a small one) to win the game with a bomb or (as they attempted) a multiple lateral play? Why didnt they call time out with 1 or 2 seconds left. And no it wasnt to avoid a delay of game. There were 22 seconds left after the previous play.
Colts fan

Redwood City, CA

#181 Nov 18, 2007
IndyAnon wrote:
Hopefully we don't have to rely on a field goal to win a game...come on, Colts! You don't look like you could win another Super Bowl!
The Colts will come back up once all the players all back from injuries for this season. What counts is what happens in the playoffs. Last year, during the season it looked hopeless for the Colts to win the superbowl, but they peaked in the playoffs. Teams always hit a slump sometime during the season. It is better it is now instead of at the end of the season like the Colts did in 2005. It is not over yet. We are the only team that had a good chance of beating New England this season. If we had Harrison in that game and some of our other key players that were out due to injuries, we would have defeated New England. We will come back up and have a good shot at beating New England in January so do not give up this quickly. The season has a long way to go. Go Colts!
Colts fan

Redwood City, CA

#182 Nov 18, 2007
Keith Smith wrote:
The falcons will be ready Thursday! I hope that the colts don't need a last second field goal from Vinteri!
The Colts will come back up once we get most of our key players back from injuries. The Colts was the only team that nearly defeated New England, even with several key players out due to injury. Who knows, once the Colts gets most of their players back and the team's momentum returns, we stand a good chance of knocking New England out of the playoffs in January. So do not make assumptions too soon.
bob

Washington, DC

#183 Nov 18, 2007
sure you will as long as the pats stink up the place again and the refs give the pats another 150 yards in flags, but dont count on it.
Colts fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not over yet. We are the only team that had a good chance of beating New England this season. If we had Harrison in that game and some of our other key players that were out due to injuries, we would have defeated New England. We will come back up and have a good shot at beating New England in January so do not give up this quickly. The season has a long way to go. Go Colts!
the fix is on

Newark, OH

#184 Nov 18, 2007
one week they review the spot of the ball, the next week they cant review a field goal but make the absurd call after the game. Gather the boys stewie and lets rake in the dough before the rubes are the wiser
bid

Lapel, IN

#185 Nov 19, 2007
Scotty K wrote:
Sweet Win...I thought I was watching a couple of High Scholl teams out on the field today
Here come the Massholes trolling again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dwayne Bowe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL Draft: Peter King sees Chiefs trading up (Apr '15) Apr '15 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Chiefs sign veteran safety Tyvon Branch to 1-ye... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Fatassed Coaching 5
News New England Patriots: Under-the-Radar Performer... (Sep '14) Sep '14 BeliChickenChoker 12
News Recap: Denver vs. Kansas City (Sep '14) Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Vikings vs. Chiefs preseason: Game time, TV sch... (Aug '14) Aug '14 adriana 1
News Is Wide Receiver Help On The Way For The Chiefs? (Jun '14) Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News It's a good draft for the Chiefs if ... (May '14) May '14 Foot Long 2
More from around the web